Xring indoor range discussion (Read 22304 times)

Bota-CS1

Re: Xring indoor range discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »
Reloads are allowed with the ELITE membership

Will people be allowed to bring their own outside purchased ammo to the Gabby Franco classes, or are we going to be required to purchase ammo from the range?

No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

jc2721

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
You know, this whole business about X Ring's range should have it's own thread...moderator can you make that happen?

paulb3

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2015, 04:03:17 PM »
Just as a reference the indoor range in Hilo on the Big Island is $15/hr or $20/hr two people per lane but only one active shooter at a time, bring your own gun/ammo.  If you rent a gun then you need to shoot their ammo if they have it or factory ammo.  Rapid firing okay, holster draw only if RSO allows.

Inspector

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »
Just as a reference the indoor range in Hilo on the Big Island is $15/hr or $20/hr two people per lane but only one active shooter at a time, bring your own gun/ammo.  If you rent a gun then you need to shoot their ammo if they have it or factory ammo.  Rapid firing okay, holster draw only if RSO allows.
That is pretty much the way it was on the mainland where I came from in OC.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Heavies

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »
Topic split as requested.

So the $40 option, it still prohibits use one's reloads? Also
Dex, Please elaborate on the permit to aquire requirement.  Is this for all shooters?

Lifer

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2015, 09:36:30 PM »
Topic split as requested.

So the $40 option, it still prohibits use one's reloads? Also
Dex, Please elaborate on the permit to aquire requirement.  Is this for all shooters?

+1, please do elaborate

I'm exempt for the permit/ registration "requirement" because I'm military, BUT my wife wouldnt be....so I can't bring my wife to shoot due to her not having a CURRENT permit/ registration ?!?! :wacko:

I want to use the range and think the Xring crew is great, but some of these things may be deal breakers.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:01:14 PM by Lifer »

dustoff003

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
What about older stuff pre required registration?

nathanm14fan

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 01:25:56 PM »
Definitely not liking the proof of registration <1 year and/or long arm permit requirement. So just because I haven't bought a gun within the past year, and have let my permit lapse, I can't use this range? No other range on Oahu, whether public or private, has such a requirement. This would also complete negate any tourist or visiting family use of the facilities. The fact that active duty military / LEO have an exemption is just plain wrong - reminds me of the special treatment for military / LEOs in the HRS 134.

Q

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:27:51 PM by Q »

ImKu

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
The fact that active duty military / LEO have an exemption is just plain wrong - reminds me of the special treatment for military / LEOs in the HRS 134.

What "special" treatment? 
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

808shooter

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 06:10:39 PM »
JMHO When gas was $4 /gal depending on where you live, you were driving to the range and back, spending $25 in gas alone not to mention traffic. I think that the pricing structure is a little high, but not way off base. The further west you live, the more it makes sense.  Im pretty delighted at the opportunity of another option actually.

nathanm14fan

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »
What "special" treatment?

Active Military and LEO are exempt from certain aspects of the HRS 134 firearms laws. More LEO than anything, but why any special carve-outs in the law? I have no issue with a discounted rate of admission.

ren

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 06:19:33 PM »
And what about the so called "reward" for writing letters of support for the range?
The range is a reality now.
Deeds Not Words

mauidog

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »

I must have missed an earlier reference.  Are you saying the offer was bogus just to get letters written, or what?
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

paka808

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
The membership fees are a reality to. ???

zippz

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 06:25:39 AM »
JMHO When gas was $4 /gal depending on where you live, you were driving to the range and back, spending $25 in gas alone not to mention traffic. I think that the pricing structure is a little high, but not way off base. The further west you live, the more it makes sense.  Im pretty delighted at the opportunity of another option actually.

The way I determine worthwhileness as far as cost is...

___miles rt x $0.50 = cost of roundtrip milage difference
___wage per hour x 50%  x time rt = difference in cost of my time for round trip (I figure 1/2 of my normal wages)

So living in Aiea my cost is...
40 x $0.50 = $20 mileage
$30 x 50%  x 1hr = $15

So I figure it costs me $35 in mielage and time difference between going to Koko Head and driving to X-ring. However I wouldn't have to lug around all my equipment around (frames, scopes, etc) and more features there.  So I figure it's a draw between going to both places.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

oldfart

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:20 AM »
The way I determine worthwhileness as far as cost is...

___miles rt x $0.50 = cost of roundtrip milage difference
___wage per hour x 50%  x time rt = difference in cost of my time for round trip (I figure 1/2 of my normal wages)

So living in Aiea my cost is...
40 x $0.50 = $20 mileage
$30 x 50%  x 1hr = $15

So I figure it costs me $35 in mielage and time difference between going to Koko Head and driving to X-ring. However I wouldn't have to lug around all my equipment around (frames, scopes, etc) and more features there.  So I figure it's a draw between going to both places.
A true gun guy can rationalize anything.
"But Honey, I have to build another ar because our daughter is almost 3 years old and I have to be sure she can inherit one!"
What, Me Worry?

K30l4

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
A true gun guy can rationalize anything.
"But Honey, I have to build another ar because our daughter is almost 3 years old and I have to be sure she can inherit one!"

I said the same thing to my wife!

aieahound

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 01:46:59 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, all of us who wrote letters in support of the range were promised something with regards to membership.

Whatever it is, you can have mine, hound.

Thanks Q !   :shaka:

At least the range is a reality. :thumbsup:

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »
I think it will be good to practice Tactical Rifle at 50-75 Feet.  Only get to do that at private ranges and other indoor ranges. or in the action bays.

For those of us who like to bump fire this is basically the only place beside other ranges that will let you.

32 Rounds of 9mm gone in a second from a 9mm AR
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!