Revolver Shoot at Silhouette Range SUN 5 MAY 2019 [UPDATED] (Read 30474 times)

Tom_G

Re: Revolver Shoot at Silhouette Range SUN 5 MAY 2019 [UPDATED]
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2019, 07:47:07 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you need but I have one little can of "CCI Percussion Caps No. 10". I'll bring them tomorrow.

W00t!!!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

changemyoil66

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »
Thanks for all that showed up and let us try the cool wheel guns.

Mrs. CMO fav was TomGs revolver. The one u have to load the powder and stuff yourself.

My fav was the Nagat. The 500 express and 357 Highway Patrol were very close also.

Ive never shot revolvers this much, so it was nice to feel the history and evolution of the handgun.

Didnt know zipps was gonna BBq or I would have scheduled my work differently to stay longer. Food smelled super good.

Another highlight was using man/woman power to get someones car unstuck from the mud. He asked for a tow strap and truck, but we just used force.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2019, 04:04:20 PM »
Great day today, great weather, great people
A few of my favorites were the S&W 41magnum, SP101 9mm with moon clips, and S&W 29
Also shot a P80 357sig which was good too
Good to finally meet OldFart, good talking to you
Best was meeting new people, renewing old friends haven't seen in a while
Thanks to all that came out to share their revolvers  :shaka:
We should make this at least a yearly get together  :geekdanc:

oldfart

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2019, 04:43:13 PM »
It was a nice day. Too bad I got there late. But at least I got to meet stangzilla and mdotweber.
We should do this again and make sure to plan for lunch and cigars afterwards.
Last year I took orders and delivered plates and drinks. That worked pretty good.
We ate down by the grassy field so no ear protection and yelling at each other.
How about semi-autos next time?  :shaka: :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
Semi auto day would be cool. Never shot a gucci gun before. And ammo prob way cheaper. But i know somebody bringing a DEagle.

Heavies

« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »
Yeah. That would be cool too.  Got some uncommon and not uncommon stuff. (Well wasn't so common before, but many wised up to the benefits of the almighty CZ.  LOL 😎)

Hopeful can make that one...

dogman

« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »
Great people, great guns . . . GREAT DAY!!! Nice to see you guys, shoot with you guys and chat with you guys. I hope I wasn't being over cautious with Mrs. CMO shooting the 500 but as far as I can remember she is the only she to accept the offer to put a round through the thing. I'd be down for a semi-auto day, doesn't mean we can't bring couple of revolvers >:D.

stangzilla

« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2019, 10:20:50 PM »

Mdotweber

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2019, 12:17:08 AM »
 Thanks to the 2A members for organizing and allowing us revolver impared individuals to sample your cool wheelguns. It was great to meet you all in person, hopefully by the next shoot I'll have one to bring too. :shaka:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:22:51 AM by Mdotweber »
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

drck1000

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:40 AM »
Great day!  Perfect weather!  Lots of good people sharing their love and knowledge of wheel guns!  Always a good thing!

Perfect weather at the range.  The forecast wasn't the greatest coming into the weekend, but it was awesome.  Actually was actually pretty cold when I met up with Inspector at the range. 

Learned a lot about my revolvers.  A little something about each and from various folks.  The Highway Patrolman, it's history (Models 27 and 28), value, etc.  The 41 and it's nickel finish.  The Redhawk and some of the history.  A lot about S&W revolvers, the frames, "dash-something" designations, the small details (like the cylinder recess) in the different iterations, etc.  The different ammo types, loading nuances, performance, etc.  All great information shared by folks who are passionate about revolvers and shooting in general.  Was all fun. . . at least when I finally got home and decided to clean guns.   :(  Nah, even that is therapeutic. 

While all of the guns were a pleasure to shoot, I was pleasantly surprised at how the Redhawk handled.  It was pretty mellow with the .44 Mag and VERY mellow with the .44 SPL.  The .41 Mag was surprising also as I thought it would have been less mellow with the 4" barrel.  It was quite mild shooting with the factory Remington .41 Mag SWC, but I was told that that is mostly due to limitations of the boolit.  Tried some of dogman's .41 "specials" and that was fun!  The Highway Patrolman was also a pleasure to shoot and with a purchase price of $125 back when my dad bought it, I'm really happy with that "budget" gun.   ;D  Dogman shared the differences with the Model 27.  I actually really liked his Model 27 quite a bit.  Haha

Got a crash course in High Standard .22 lr pistols from Inspector.  Seems like it will need an overhaul (springs and gummed up action), so really wasn't able to shoot that one.  Anyone know a local smith who works on High Standards?

Brought my Gucci gun, or at least as Gucci as I have, for a couple of folks who wanted to try a handgun with RDS.  It was fun seeing the "old school" guys shooting my 17 with RDS. 

Wish I was able to stay longer as well.  Thank you to Zips who cooked up hot dogs!  I had to head off to a bbq, so didn't have one myself. 

Was great to see familiar faces, meet new folks, as well as put faces to some screen names.  All good people. 

drck1000

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2019, 07:31:23 AM »
Thanks for all that showed up and let us try the cool wheel guns.

Mrs. CMO fav was TomGs revolver. The one u have to load the powder and stuff yourself.

My fav was the Nagat. The 500 express and 357 Highway Patrol were very close also.

Ive never shot revolvers this much, so it was nice to feel the history and evolution of the handgun.

Didnt know zipps was gonna BBq or I would have scheduled my work differently to stay longer. Food smelled super good.

Another highlight was using man/woman power to get someones car unstuck from the mud. He asked for a tow strap and truck, but we just used force.

Tom is always fun at the range.  Esp when he brings out the BP guns.  The 500 is also always fun and for me that's mostly observing others shoot it.  It was funny watching the guy in the bay over and his reaction when someone shot the 500 without warning.   :rofl:

Great day today, great weather, great people
A few of my favorites were the S&W 41magnum, SP101 9mm with moon clips, and S&W 29
Also shot a P80 357sig which was good too
Good to finally meet OldFart, good talking to you
Best was meeting new people, renewing old friends haven't seen in a while
Thanks to all that came out to share their revolvers  :shaka:
We should make this at least a yearly get together  :geekdanc:
Yep. I knew I shouldn't have tried the SP101 9 mm.  Now I kinda want the SP101 in the .357 Mag/.38 SPL version, which was at the range as well. 

drck1000

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2019, 07:33:07 AM »
It was a nice day. Too bad I got there late. But at least I got to meet stangzilla and mdotweber.
We should do this again and make sure to plan for lunch and cigars afterwards.
Last year I took orders and delivered plates and drinks. That worked pretty good.
We ate down by the grassy field so no ear protection and yelling at each other.
How about semi-autos next time?  :shaka: :rofl:
Sorry I missed ya.  But I'm down for lunch and cigar afterwards. 

Yeah. That would be cool too.  Got some uncommon and not uncommon stuff. (Well wasn't so common before, but many wised up to the benefits of the almighty CZ.  LOL 😎)

Hopeful can make that one...
Missed ya out there. 

Yeah, maybe a semi-auto variety day.  From older semi-autos to "newer" technology, or at least RDS.  I'm definitely down. 

drck1000

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2019, 07:35:36 AM »
Great people, great guns . . . GREAT DAY!!! Nice to see you guys, shoot with you guys and chat with you guys. I hope I wasn't being over cautious with Mrs. CMO shooting the 500 but as far as I can remember she is the only she to accept the offer to put a round through the thing. I'd be down for a semi-auto day, doesn't mean we can't bring couple of revolvers >:D.
:thumbsup:

I was just happy to contribute more to this one.  You and Stang have awesome collections.  And yeah, Mrs. CMO handled the 500 far better than many "big ego male" types. 

Thanks to the 2A members for organizing and allowing us revolver impared individuals to sample your cool wheelguns. It was great to meet you all in person, hopefully by the next shoot I'll have one to bring too. :shaka:
Was great to meet you.  Thank you for being involved in the fight for our 2a rights.  Having a variety of guns to try is always fun and great to share with folks like you.   :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »
Forgot to add another funny.  The wife enjoyed loading the BP revolver.  She doesn't even load mags for classes, I do them all for her.  They come magically loaded and in her mag carrier.

drck1000

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2019, 04:39:46 PM »
Forgot to add another funny.  The wife enjoyed loading the BP revolver.  She doesn't even load mags for classes, I do them all for her.  They come magically loaded and in her mag carrier.
You give your wife a loaded mag, they can defend herself for a day. . . 
You teach your wife to load her own mags, she can defend themself for a lifetime, or as long as you buy ammo for her. . .

stangzilla

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »
pic of the day:  S&W .500 magnum

drck1000

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2019, 04:39:13 PM »
pic of the day:  S&W .500 magnum

Too bad you didn't get a video of Mr. Jumpy in the next bay over when dogman and others were shooting the 500!  :rofl:

stangzilla

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »
Too bad you didn't get a video of Mr. Jumpy in the next bay over when dogman and others were shooting the 500!  :rofl:

that would've been good.   :D

drck1000

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
that would've been good.   :D
I saw dogman getting ready to shoot the 500 and Mr Jumpy was shooting. Dogman shoots the first round and Mr Jumpy literally jumped and yelled “whoa!”. We were laughing and even his buddy was laughing him. Later I heard him tell his buddy that he should’ve given him a “fire in the hole” warning.  :rofl:

macsak

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2019, 07:07:20 PM »
Great day!  Perfect weather!  Lots of good people sharing their love and knowledge of wheel guns!  Always a good thing!

Perfect weather at the range.  The forecast wasn't the greatest coming into the weekend, but it was awesome.  Actually was actually pretty cold when I met up with Inspector at the range. 

Learned a lot about my revolvers.  A little something about each and from various folks.  The Highway Patrolman, it's history (Models 27 and 28), value, etc.  The 41 and it's nickel finish.  The Redhawk and some of the history.  A lot about S&W revolvers, the frames, "dash-something" designations, the small details (like the cylinder recess) in the different iterations, etc.  The different ammo types, loading nuances, performance, etc.  All great information shared by folks who are passionate about revolvers and shooting in general.  Was all fun. . . at least when I finally got home and decided to clean guns.   :(  Nah, even that is therapeutic. 

While all of the guns were a pleasure to shoot, I was pleasantly surprised at how the Redhawk handled.  It was pretty mellow with the .44 Mag and VERY mellow with the .44 SPL.  The .41 Mag was surprising also as I thought it would have been less mellow with the 4" barrel.  It was quite mild shooting with the factory Remington .41 Mag SWC, but I was told that that is mostly due to limitations of the boolit.  Tried some of dogman's .41 "specials" and that was fun!  The Highway Patrolman was also a pleasure to shoot and with a purchase price of $125 back when my dad bought it, I'm really happy with that "budget" gun.   ;D  Dogman shared the differences with the Model 27.  I actually really liked his Model 27 quite a bit.  Haha

Got a crash course in High Standard .22 lr pistols from Inspector.  Seems like it will need an overhaul (springs and gummed up action), so really wasn't able to shoot that one.  Anyone know a local smith who works on High Standards?

Brought my Gucci gun, or at least as Gucci as I have, for a couple of folks who wanted to try a handgun with RDS.  It was fun seeing the "old school" guys shooting my 17 with RDS. 

Wish I was able to stay longer as well.  Thank you to Zips who cooked up hot dogs!  I had to head off to a bbq, so didn't have one myself. 

Was great to see familiar faces, meet new folks, as well as put faces to some screen names.  All good people.

mahalos for letting someone who owns no firearms, ammo, nor reloading components participate
I liked the .38 spl match and the dirty harry gun
the moisin pistol was intellectually interesting, but the trigger sucked
.41 spl and mag were interesting too
and of course, the VP9L and Grock 17 with trijicon rmr were really cool too