New KokoHead Hours (what they would look like). (Read 16744 times)

Old Guy

New KokoHead Hours (what they would look like).
« on: December 25, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
---- Times were Mistaken, please see Reply # 17 Below, for now the range is safe. Edited title to cause less  :shake: -- Funtimes.

I was just given a heads Up info on new KokoHead Range Hours based on a $52,120 budget

Open One Week Day for 3 hours

Open 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday

from a very reliable sourse.

FWIW
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:11:02 PM by Funtimes »

Heavies

Re: New KokoHead Hours
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »
That is....     :(

Guess there isn't enough shooters to justify keeping the range open.

Jaydawg

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »
That starts next month?

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 09:42:18 PM »
Total BS.....
This Govt is irking me.

Just the taxes they collect per year from the gun shops should be enough to keep the range open and build the new one.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

Cougar8045

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »
I sure hope the source turns out to be wrong. 
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

bass monkey

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »
Serious?

newAFshooter706

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
fkn sucks!

SpeedTek

• View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »
To me the range is overcrowded.

Funtimes

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 12:20:13 AM »

Yeah it is packed to the brim. I'm pretty sure heavies was just kidding.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

Heavies

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
Sorry. Just being sacastic at the utter ubsurdity of further reduction of range hours.

Meant to say...    not enough shooters give a rip about the hours and the current state of disrepair to get on the horn, email, and snail mail to demand more hours and better facilities. And then get out to the ballot box at the appropriate times to make a fundemtal change in the way this city and state is run.

BananaClip

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 07:43:41 AM »
Fustrating... Gun sales go up while ranges dissapear.... They rather have stray bullets from untrained civilians trying to protect themselves flying elsewhere instead of hitting the intended target.... >:(
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

Inspector

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 07:52:52 AM »
Maybe I am a little jaded but to me this is a signal from the City/County that they intend to shut the place down. Last year they cut back hours. This year they cut back more hours. Next year they will cut more. Maybe I am wrong, and I hope I am. But it appears to me that the range is being targeted for closure. Heavies is right in my opinion. If we don't carry on a huge campaign to stop this action we will not have a place to shoot in the next couple of years! JMHO  >:( >:( >:(

I feel so strongly that this is the course of action that the City/County is taking that I have decided to put off all future gun purchases and just stock up on some ammo and components before next years elections and hope that we don't lose the one and only range we have left. At least if we lose our range I won't have invested in a new gun, a new caliber and all the components and reloading gear I would need to support it. And I'll have a sufficient supply of ammo and components for the guns I have in case they re-open or we see the Zombie Apocalypse.  :( :( :(
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

bass monkey

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 08:15:13 AM »
I agree with you inspector. Slow steady steps one at a time continuing the thrend to close down the range. Also add in all the repairs they need to do and even more of an excuse.

Has a offical letter been released or spokesperson announced it yet?
Maybe a private company or something could take over or something. Hopefully the west side range still gets build.

SpeedTek

• View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
Send your complaints to Rep Ken Ito. He is my old teacher from Kalani and a 2A Supporter.
He told me he wants to hear our concerns even though we arenotin his district.

Ken Ito
48th Representative District (Kaneohe)
Hawaii State Capitol, Room 432
415 South Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
phone 808-586-8470; fax 808-586-8474
E-mail repito@Capitol.hawaii.gov

ren

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »
No range = less shooters = less firearms owners = less people concerned about 2a rights = no 2a issues for future politicians = less firearm registrations headaches for HPD
see where I am going?
 Thanks for the heads up..regardless if this is true or not we should as a community of gun owners express our concerns.

Sending this to the PRPC club membership and writing myself.

For those wanting to write here is the list of reps and senators: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/members/legislators.aspx?chamber=all
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:08:48 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

onfloat

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
I would say hit all of the State Reps and Senators. Let them know how we feel. Rep Kimberly Pine (Ewa Beach dist. 43) assures me that she is a strong Second Amendment supporter. I'm sitting down now to write both her and Senator Will Espero (Ewa), Councilman Tom Berg,  The Mayor and The Governor.

Pit808

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »
Unbelievable  >:(

chitty chitty bang bang.......

Old Guy

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
MAJOR APOLOGY: The figure i gave was for FY 2010-2011.  My Mistake.  I need new glasses.

AFAIK, nothing has been said about the 2012  budget.

About the $15 per hour fee

Just wondering IF an established group can Pay and have "private" use of the range when it is closed to the public.

Or, what happens if some one starts a new club(organization) and asks to have the range opened on a day off and pay the attendent fees?

Comments?

bass monkey

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »
Whew glad to hear that.  Hopefully they decide to increase hours now that they see the over crowdedness.
Watched the news tonight to wait for the offical announcement

kala201

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »
Out of curiosity what qualifications and certifications would a private business need to govern and run the range?  There were proposals to allow private entities to help maintain the proposed Ewa range.  What would it take to allow one or several private entities to do the same thing at the Kokohead range?  Liability insurance is a guaranteed must, but what else?  My friends and I have talked about making a hui and opening a small firearms related business, but none of us knows where to start.  One of them even has a permit to bring in and maintain class 3 firearms (mainly full auto weapons) along with a lot of industry contacts (he is a major player in Hawaii's film industry).  This might be a good start?

I have to agree with all previous posts its like there is an attempt to drown out our not so small community of shooters.  A lot of the shooters I know are older and respectable and not quick to flashy showiness or testosterone driven bravado that the so called educated masses believe us gun owners to be.  The other group of shooters I know are the hunters.  While they don't spend as much time at the range as say the marksman or competition shooter, they still do use the range.  The range allows them the opportunity to hone their skills to ensure a humane kill, test new equipment, or train the next generation of hunters in their family.  None of us, or at least none of the people I know, are fanatics bent on wielding their steel to do harm or to force their will upon others.  In fact many could argue the tranquil zen like state of mind and control one must achieve to send a small projectile some four and a half football fields in heavy cross winds to hit a small round target.  To me that is a throwback to the zen archers of feudal Japan and their self awareness and pure awesomeness.  That one moment in time will never come again for conditions change and even the shooter changes with each breath.  Only a shooter who has practiced and honed his or her skill and who has mastered their chosen firearm will ever know the feeling of ecstasy that comes from hitting that steel plate five out of five times on a very windy day.  Unfortunately I am not one of them.  If our time and access to the only truly public shooting venue is taken away that is a huge slap in the face to the founding fathers of our nation and an insult to our ancestors regardless of nation or creed that depended upon skill and mastery to provide and protect their families.  So what the hell are these people thinking?  I am willing to write to and speak to anyone who will listen, but right now it seems that there are more deaf ears and blind eyes out there amongst those who lead than advocates and supporters of our way of life.