Tonight's conversation with a tourist (Read 2134 times)

Dregs

Tonight's conversation with a tourist
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Guy pays with his CC - a Cabela's CC. After swiping it, I ask him where he's from. South Dakota. He starts going on and on about how awesome the Cabela's card is, how much points he gets, and the whole system. He got to where he told me he's got 400 cabela bucks at the moment, but he's saving for an AR. So the ice is broken, and the gun talk begins. Told him I got an M1A, and he was flabbergasted and wondered where the heck you'd get one here. He told me he's retired Army (82nd), and that's why he wants to get an AR - for the familiarity. I then said that it's peculiar he didn't get one as soon as he retired, if that was why he wanted one.

His answer?

He looked down at his hands, and after a  "well, ", --pause-- "I believed in our government back then." "I think our government now is" ~mumble mumble~ then a set of guests walk into my "office" and that queued going back to more mundane talk, like tours and directions. Hope I see him tomorrow to continue the conversation. Doubt it though. lol.

Dregs

Re: Tonight's conversation with a tourist
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
In my mind, Cabela's CC = gun owner/enthusiast, pro-hunting and/or outdoorsy people.

I always try to start up a conversation with them and assume they're from the midwest. lol.

GZire

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:54:41 AM »
You must school him on the intrawebs and how he can look for stuff (getting an M1A).

nf9648

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
Cabelas card is awesome, unfortunately mine is close to maxed at this time.  Doesnt help the store is 20 minutes away. ;D