Rally to ReOpen Hawaii May 1st (Read 13496 times)

Direjackalope

Re: Rally to ReOpen Hawaii May 1st
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 04:57:19 PM »
Matt, I know a lot of the guys here have been weirdly difficult to you for throwing the event together but I’d like to thank you for showing up and giving a shit and doing something productive instead of just bitching about Hawaii’s problems.

Keep up the good work.

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 05:34:32 PM »
Theres a vid on HHH IG page. "You guys would have arrested Anne Frank".

The comments are mainly haole go home and stuff like that on the IG. Same people who  didnt call out any of their friends for going on vacation in feb and march.

I remember when the gov forced Japs into camps in the name of national security. They had little time to sell their homes and other belongings. White neighbors would say "sign the title to us, we will look after your home". Only to come back to no home.

History is repeating itself. Fear is a powerful tool to remove rights.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 06:31:15 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/05/01/lawmakers-tour-airport-find-loopholes-mandatory-quarantine/

So what's the crime here?
If you are not infected you are assumed so and a US citizen forced to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks. No means to gather food. Food must be brought to you - just like in prison. And local people are OK with this? How would you feel if you went to Vegas? Oh...yeah, you won't mind cuz govt. telling you WHAT YOU MUST DO. You have no rights and you did no crime.
The surprising part is that ALL of our lawmakers don't see anything wrong with this - including our lone Republican Kurt Favella.
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 07:18:53 PM »
If you are not infected you are assumed so and a US citizen forced to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks.

That is the point though.

Unless everyone has been screened for Covid-19, no one knows if they are infected or not.  Hence, the conservative approach for public health would be to assume everyone is potentially infected and go from there.

jc2721

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 07:35:40 PM »
Matt, I know a lot of the guys here have been weirdly difficult to you for throwing the event together but I’d like to thank you for showing up and giving a shit and doing something productive instead of just bitching about Hawaii’s problems.

Keep up the good work.

Really?  He stirs the pot but when it comes down to it he conveniently shows up late then uses his kid and wife as an excuse to not get arrested.  Not exactly what I think of as "good work."

ren

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 07:38:18 PM »

Unless everyone has been screened for Covid-19, no one knows if they are infected or not.  Hence, the conservative approach for public health would be to assume everyone is potentially infected and go from there.

They did the same thing to Japanese Americans.
Where's Mazie?
Deeds Not Words

matt0137

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 08:02:56 PM »
Really?  He stirs the pot but when it comes down to it he conveniently shows up late then uses his kid and wife as an excuse to not get arrested.  Not exactly what I think of as "good work."

Is this a joke, or are you seriously this big of a douchebag?

Direjackalope - thank you for the support. I'm not the head of this movement by any means - just one person who cares out of many and I'm sure there will be more rallies planned, but I'm not sure when. Doubt I'll be posting anything about it here, though.

changemyoil66

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:57 PM »
Where's Mazie?
History is repeating itself.

Direjackalope

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
Is this a joke, or are you seriously this big of a douchebag?

Direjackalope - thank you for the support. I'm not the head of this movement by any means - just one person who cares out of many and I'm sure there will be more rallies planned, but I'm not sure when. Doubt I'll be posting anything about it here, though.

Hasn’t anybody ever told you never to read the comment section?  Some people would complain about free money because it wasn’t clean enough. I like hearing about fellow citizens standing up for all their rights, not just 2a.

jc2721

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2020, 09:15:44 PM »
Is this a joke, or are you seriously this big of a douchebag

I ain't the one using a child as an excuse.

Kuleana

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »
Where's Mazie?

What America did to the Japanese Americans during WWII was nothing but another despicable act of racism against Asians, as German and Italian Americans were not subjected to the same treatment.  The Japanese Americans should have seen some sort of racist law coming after Pearl Harbor, as the Chinese Exclusion Act was still law in the US and only ended in 1943 when China became a US ally against Imperial Japan.

In any case, your use of Japanese American internment is not a valid comparison to the Covid-19 shutdowns.  During WWII, the US willingly choose Japanese Americans to be deprived of their lives, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness by ethnicity, whereas the partial shutdown of America only discriminated against those in jobs deemed non-essential.

As to where is Mazie; somewhere getting her kickback from the ultrawealthy for her voting for the latest trillion dollar Covid-19 bailout.

ren

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »
What is the definition of essential?
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »
What is the definition of essential?

You need to ask Trump and/or the CDC for that answer.

Heavies

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:12 PM »

We should screen everybody for any type of deadly contagious disease and then indefinitely incarcerate them.  Because "safety"

Kuleana

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2020, 10:37:24 PM »

We should screen everybody for any type of deadly contagious disease and then indefinitely incarcerate them.  Because "safety"

If someone is walking around with some kind of highly contagious and deadly pathogen that the human species has never encountered before and, at least, has yet to find out how to accurately identify it, know the many ways it can be transmitted, and how it can be prevented, then I reluctantly have to say that person should be in temporary quarantine in the name of public safety.

changemyoil66

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »

If someone is walking around with some kind of highly contagious and deadly pathogen that the human species has never encountered before and, at least, has yet to find out how to accurately identify it, know the many ways it can be transmitted, and how it can be prevented, then I reluctantly have to say that person should be in temporary quarantine in the name of public safety.
But how do u know? Schroedingers cat.

Kuleana

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2020, 10:57:09 PM »

We need universal household testing to be conducted by accurate Covid-19 testing kits that should have been earmarked funded by the recent trillion dollar bailout.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2020, 11:48:03 PM »

Do you tap on the breaks when someone looks like they might not stop at an intersection you're about to enter -- even though you have the right of way?

Why would you do such a thing?  You're allowing that stranger to take away your societal and legal right to travel there.  And if he hits your car, he's liable for the damages (even though the odds in Hawaii of him driving without insurance are astronomical!).

Maybe it has to do with the fact you're trained to recognize a potential threat that hasn't even threatened you yet.  You're AVOIDING the potential outcome by tapping your breaks, even though you know the other person will likely stop, since they legally must yield the right of way to you.

It's about understanding that the consequences of the other person not stopping, as small as that probability may be, are much more serious than the consequences of you slowing your roll, even though you're going to be late to the anti-lockdown rally.

And, if you think you tapping your breaks only causes you problems, look at the 8 cars behind you almost rear-ending each other and giving you the digital salute!   :wtf:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2020, 08:26:43 AM »
Quarantine the sick and infected, not the healthy
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2020, 09:25:10 AM »
Quarantine the sick and infected, not the healthy

Did you show your support for the ReOpen Hawaii protest by attending yesterday's rally at the capitol?