Chip McCormick
KAC
JP Tactical
LMT 2 Stage
RRA 2 Stage
Wilson Combat Single Stage
Armalight National Match
Other (please specify)

What's your AR trigger of choice! (Read 11983 times)

ren

Re: What's your AR trigger of choice!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
Trigger day tomorrow? I'll be there with my service rifle - Geiselle trigger. Geiselle makes a single stage, the ALG, which is a refined standard GI trigger. The one distinct feature of a Hi _Speed G trigger is the placement of the trigger bow - it is about an 1/8" forward.  There's no trigger that has that feature.
Here's a list of triggers that I'd be interested in:
Jewell
Krieger-Milazzo
KAC
RRA 2 stage
Timney
WIlson

any more out there?
In my opinion, the Krieger Milazzo was the best trigger I felt - a tad better than the Geiselle.
By the way, titanium firing pins don't contribute to a faster lock time. I have a buddy that can measure lock time but it is somewhat involved.
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »
Trigger day tomorrow? I'll be there with my service rifle - Geiselle trigger. Geiselle makes a single stage, the ALG, which is a refined standard GI trigger. The one distinct feature of a Hi _Speed G trigger is the placement of the trigger bow - it is about an 1/8" forward.  There's no trigger that has that feature.
Here's a list of triggers that I'd be interested in:
Jewell
Krieger-Milazzo
KAC
RRA 2 stage
Timney
WIlson

any more out there?
In my opinion, the Krieger Milazzo was the best trigger I felt - a tad better than the Geiselle.
By the way, titanium firing pins don't contribute to a faster lock time. I have a buddy that can measure lock time but it is somewhat involved.
I'll be there tomorrow as well. I'll be over on the far right side around bench 90-94.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

dirsh

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 01:55:17 AM »
As soon as I put together my lower with giessele ssa, I'll bring that down along with my lmt 2 stage. Hopefully I can get my lwrc trigger worked soon too :)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
Gonna' try one of these out - POF drop in.  I have one of their first piston uppers made so this would be a good match.

Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

stangzilla

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 11:55:49 AM »
reviving an old thread.   O0

stumbled upon this trigger while looking for parts.  unfortunately its out of stock right now. usually its $119 for a single stage 3.5lbs trigger from PSA.  some people don't like PSA, but i'll try it once.  I have their 2 stage, 4.5lbs trigger and its very good for $79
they also have a 3.5lbs trigger with curved trigger face, don't know how much that one costs bc its out of stock too.
maybe next build i'll try the 3.5lbs PSA one and see how it is

test is under 3lbs, looks like tested near the end of the trigger but still that's pretty light

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:14:03 PM by stangzilla »

drck1000

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2020, 12:31:00 PM »
I like PSA products. Yeah, they get $hit on from time to time. Seems mostly because they are slow to ship items that they showed as in stock. I’ve always had good experiences with them.

I’ve only used USGI and Geissele triggers for AR. My current fave is the SD-C, with SSA also good. I would be down to try others. Maybe for a future project gun. Looking forward to hearing how you like the PSA trigger.

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 12:46:39 PM »
I have Geiselle, but if I had to do it again, I would stick with the USGI trigger.  When shooting under stress, I can't tell the diff bewteen a $300 trigger and a heavier milspec one.

Or when shooting on the move, from the ground, etc...

GlockNewb

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2020, 12:54:51 PM »
ALG ACT - not experienced enough to benefit from anything beyond a $60 trigger
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

stangzilla

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2020, 01:04:22 PM »
I have a ALG/ACT trigger with Wolff stronger hammer spring in my AR 7.62x39 to make sure I don't get light hammer strikes on Russian ammo, also have the enhanced firing pin for 7.62x39
I use the same lower for my SHTF 5.56 upper.  reason being, in case I have to use anykine ammo lying around, it will fire
ALG/ACT is a good upgrade from the milspec one, not as gritty

Direjackalope

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »
I picked up a Rise Armament drop in RA-140 Single stage and a LaRue MBT 2 stage. 

The Rise is 3.5 lbs. single stage.  It had to be sent back because it would drop the hammer on reset, which I caught in function testing before finding out the hard way. Also it requires anti walk pins or else you have to tighten the internals and increase the trigger weight. The replacement has been just fine and has a nice clean break.

The LaRue is a 2 stage with 2 lbs take up and a 2 lb.Super crisp break. It’s been problem free and I’ve since purchased a 2nd for my old man.

Both were around $90.

ren

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »
I have Geiselle, but if I had to do it again, I would stick with the USGI trigger.  When shooting under stress, I can't tell the diff bewteen a $300 trigger and a heavier milspec one.

sounds like you are slapping the trigger
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »

There's more to differences between USGI and Geissele than the trigger weight.  You being able to tell the difference, well. . .  ::)  :rofl:

But seriously, I see so many issues with aftermarket triggers.  One of the reasons why I was hesitant to try.  Well, that and the $$$ for Geissele, hence my thread about whether or not they are worth it.  I did put many years toward shooting with and learning the USGI trigger.  Like a wise instructor once told me, I do feel it served me well to stick to the USGI trigger for that time. 

GlockNewb

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »
(Fast forward to 6:06 - “Custom vs. Stock Guns”) All the comments made me think of this little gem of opinion :)

Stick around for the whole video, the human was quite entertained.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

robtmc

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2020, 06:02:32 PM »
Gonna' try one of these out - POF drop in.  I have one of their first piston uppers made so this would be a good match.
I got a POF drop in some time back.  I find it has a lot of very noticeable creep that my CMC triggers do not.

It was cheap on sale at least, but far from being a match trigger.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:07:18 PM by robtmc »

robtmc

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2020, 07:12:00 PM »
Out of all these triggers, any find one that exhibited light primer strikes?

Way back when, I installed a JP trigger kit, with the lightened hammer and spring.  It did not reliably fire surplus 7.62 stuff.   Replaces it before trying the stock hammer spring, but did dry fire it and it took away most of the light pull of the kit with lower power spring.

Dunno if 5.56mm mil-spec ammo needs as strong a hit as mil-spec 7.62mm does.

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2020, 10:27:05 PM »
There's more to differences between USGI and Geissele than the trigger weight.  You being able to tell the difference, well. . .  ::)  :rofl:

But seriously, I see so many issues with aftermarket triggers.  One of the reasons why I was hesitant to try.  Well, that and the $$$ for Geissele, hence my thread about whether or not they are worth it.  I did put many years toward shooting with and learning the USGI trigger.  Like a wise instructor once told me, I do feel it served me well to stick to the USGI trigger for that time.
Wait till holidays. 25-30%off. But like i said, if i had to do it again, factory trigger is fine for me. Or even larue or ALG. Def wont buy a $120+ trigger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2020, 08:36:47 AM »
I also have on a different AR, a PSA nickel/boron trigger (similar to ALG/ACT), later added JP enhanced reliability springs 3.5 lbs
its pretty good for a $37-$40 trigger including the springs.  feels like a smooth GI only lighter.  not a match grade trigger, but a good improvement

drck1000

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
Wait till holidays. 25-30%off. But like i said, if i had to do it again, factory trigger is fine for me. Or even larue or ALG. Def wont buy a $120+ trigger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm set on triggers for a while.  I bought a few in their Black Friday sale and was actually delivered maybe a month ago. 

You've actually had some experience with aftermarket trigger.  That's also a consideration besides cost and whether or not one can tell the difference. 

Way back when, I installed a JP trigger kit, with the lightened hammer and spring.  It did not reliably fire surplus 7.62 stuff.   Replaces it before trying the stock hammer spring, but did dry fire it and it took away most of the light pull of the kit with lower power spring.

I haven't seen light primer strikes with AR triggers.  I've mostly seen it with handguns when people tweak the firing pin and action springs. I don't recall seeing hard primers with 5.56/.223 ammo, but I typically don't shoot surplus ammo. 

stangzilla

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »

I've heard that surplus 7.62 primer are harder than surplus 5.56
in one of the video's above with the PSA drop in trigger, he tests it in his AR10 with Tula ammo and says, "if it works in my AR10 with Tula it'll definitely work in my 5.56". he's referring to light primer strikes.  take that FWIW, that's one guy

Bota-CS1

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2020, 11:24:27 AM »
sounds like you are slapping the trigger

Slappin’ it like it either owes you 💰 or a good time! 😅
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.