Limbsaver Bull Barrel Deresonator (Barrel Tuner) (Read 20381 times)

rklapp

Re: Limbsaver Bull Barrel Deresonator (Barrel Tuner)
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »
We don't agree on scope positioning but we do agree on cheek positioning. I'm trying to get my head more aligned with the stock like you suggested which is why I'm using the risers. I have a very big head (size 7 7/8). I am using the 77s like you suggested. My next rounds will be with the Nosler 62s I bought on sale. I'm also excited about the Nosler 190s because I had excellent results last time.

Generally, I find everyone at the range to be very friendly and helpful and I try to do the same to others. I did snap at one person once but that was because I was having a sugar low and I wish I could apologize. I try to bring a snack with me in case I start to go hangry. If you see me start babbling at the range, tell me to eat a Snickers.

The main reason why I post my results is to share my experiences and to help me figure out what happened like a diary. I'm not a repetition person. I have to try new things to make it interesting.

Look, I'll try to the Limbsaver with a couple rounds, then without. If nothing changes, then I return it to Amazon and get my $6.52. It will be fun. Trust me...
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

ren

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »
The risers you put under your scope brings your head farther off the stock. Bring the stock closer in your chest and higher on your shoulder. Shooting accurately IS about consistency. You want a load that is accurate be consistent repetitively. You want to know that the load is accurate shoot consistently to be accurate.

Practice at home. Set up your position. Take selfies. Adjust. Dry fire
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:25:44 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 08:20:55 PM »
Here's a good video that explains the mechanics of shooting from a bench
He explains the cheek weld at about 2:00

Deeds Not Words

rklapp

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 04:39:51 AM »
Good video. Have you seen me shooting at the range?
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/