Trigger Modifications Amnesty Program- i.e. Bumpstocks, handcranks, etc. (Read 5917 times)

6716J

Amnesty program so make sure you go turn in all of your illegal devices now. It's the law and all...

http://www.honolulupd.org/news/index.php?page=main&story=2669&select=1

Amnesty Program for Trigger Modification Devices

As of July 9, 2018, Hawaii state law prohibits the manufacture, importation, sale, transfer and possession of trigger modification devices. This includes bump fire stocks, multi-burst trigger activators, trigger cranks and other devices designed or function to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic firearm.

Under an amnesty program, owners have 30 days or until August 8, 2018, to turn in the devices to the police. Owners may take the devices to the nearest police station or call 911 to have them picked up by an officer.

Devices may be turned in at the following HPD locations:

Alapai Police Headquarters
801 South Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)529-3111

Chinatown Substation
79 North Hotel Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808)723-3310

Wahiawa Police Station
330 North Cane Street
Wahiawa, HI 96786
(808)723-8700

Pearl City Police Station
1100 Waimano Home Road
Pearl City, HI 96782
(808)723-8800

Kaneohe Police Station
45-270 Waikalua Road
Kaneohe, HI 96744
(808)723-8640

Kailua Substation
219 Kuulei Road
Kailua, HI 96744
(808)723-8838

Kahuku Substation
56-470 Kamehameha Highway
Kahuku, HI 96731
(808)723-8650

Kalihi Police Station
1865 Kamehameha IV Road
Honolulu, HI 96819
(808)723-8207

Waikiki Substation
2425 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, Hi. 96815
(808)723-8566

Kapolei Police Station
1100 Kamokila Boulevard
Kapolei, HI 96707
(808)723-8400

Waianae Substation
85-939 Farrington Highway
Waianae, HI 96792
(808)723-8600

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

ren

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

and other devices designed or function to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic firearm.

This phrase popped up in the news paper also.  But the law signed has no mention of it.  We fought to remove this portion because then even a diff BCG or trigger could be illegal.

Sneaky HPD adding that in so people turn in their lighter triggers.

For the entire nation, less than 8 bump stocks have been turned in as a total for all the counties making them illegal.

All_rice

We should go turn in rubber bands, belt loops, etc.
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

z06psi

Just ordered another Fostech Echo.

6716J

We should go turn in rubber bands, belt loops, etc.
That would be fun to go into HPD with trash bags full of rubber bands. The looks you'd get... 🤯

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

Or any object that can do it. Broom stick, belt loops (removed from pants), somebody show your index finger. And video.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rpoL98

nvm
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:42:19 PM by rpoL98 »

All_rice

Or any object that can do it. Broom stick, belt loops (removed from pants), somebody show your index finger. And video.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That would be fun to go into HPD with trash bags full of rubber bands. The looks you'd get... 🤯

Get he news for involved.  "Thousands show up to turn in ........."  Actually here on Oahu would only be about 5 people
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

z06psi

rub some more salt into the wound, why don't you.

:rofl:

z06psi

rub some more salt into the wound, why don't you.

Going shooting tomorrow on my own property as well.

Freedom is priceless.

PS.  Ordered a AR9 7.5 pistol as well to go with that trigger.  80% so it was shipped directly to the house and zero registration or FFL.

6716J

Going shooting tomorrow on my own property as well.

Freedom is priceless.

PS.  Ordered a AR9 7.5 pistol as well to go with that trigger.  80% so it was shipped directly to the house and zero registration or FFL.
Just so you know.... We hate you

LOL enjoy that freedom!!!!

2ahavvaii

it would be funny if someone showed up to hpd with a truckbed full of trash.  i'd hesitate to say you can use anything to accelerate the rate of fire, but you can jury rig almost anything...

This guy is bump firing a glock with a scrap piece of wood.

z06psi

Just so you know.... We hate you

LOL enjoy that freedom!!!!

:rofl:

Gordyf

I'll bet there is not bump stock one turned in, or any of the other stuff, and.... I'll bet it never makes the News.
Aloha
Aloha
Gordy

michaelkih

I'll bet there is not bump stock one turned in, or any of the other stuff, and.... I'll bet it never makes the News.
Aloha

I agree.  No one is going to turn them in.  At some point gun owners have to start saying "no".  It's ridiculous here.

punaperson

Re: Trigger Modifications Amnesty Program- i.e. Bumpstocks, handcranks, etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 10:12:07 AM »
According to my latest mail response from the Hawaii County Office of the Corporation Counsel, a Deputy Corporation Counsel claims that not one single "multi-burst trigger activator" has been either voluntarily turned in OR confiscated in all of Hawaii county. So that would mean, assuming that at least one such device exists in Hawaii county, that the current compliance rate is 0.00%.

I hope some of you in other counties can elicit the same information in your counties and inform us here.

As a side note, yesterday at a steel challenge match, one guy who had just installed a 2.5 pound trigger on his .22LR rifle inadvertently ran off a few bumpfire sequences (even with the extremely low recoil of a .22LR). But it is not illegal to bumpfire, or even bumpfire using ordinary devices like rubber bands, string, sticks, boards, pipes, belt loops, etc., at least in Hawaii county according to the Deputy Corporation Counsel who replied to my inquiry. Bump away my friends!

rpoL98

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
Aloha
so does anybody know, statewide, or at least C&C Honolulu, how many bumpstocks were actually turned in?  or "multi-burst trigger activators"?

I'm guessing zero, but who knows, there's always that village idiot...

rklapp

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 12:48:06 PM »
so does anybody know, statewide, or at least C&C Honolulu, how many bumpstocks were actually turned in?  or "multi-burst trigger activators"?

I'm guessing zero, but who knows, there's always that village idiot...
Didn’t three people turn in their firearms after Ballard mailed that letter to all with medical marijuana cards and firearm registration. I wonder how difficult it was for them to get their stuff back?
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 01:33:44 PM »
Didn’t three people turn in their firearms after Ballard mailed that letter to all with medical marijuana cards and firearm registration. I wonder how difficult it was for them to get their stuff back?

2 turned them in and they were returned.  I just made  a post that someone answered today.