Black Community Leader, Pastor & NAACP Head Profiled - Or Was He? (Read 1279 times)

Flapp_Jackson

NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

A South Carolina NAACP chapter president who says he was racially profiled during a traffic stop was accused
of lying after police released video footage of the encounter, according to reports.

"Tonight, I was racially profiled by Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING
HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD," Timmonsville NAACP President Rev. Jerrod Moultrie said in an April 13
Facebook post, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.

"He made a comment that the officer accused him of having drugs in the car,” Timmonsville Police Chief Billy Brown
said, according to the station. “He said that his wife and grandchild was in the car. He asked them not to move because
the officer looked as if he might shoot them or something. He also made mention that the officer continued to ask him
about his neighborhood. Why was he in that neighborhood? And threaten[ed] to put him in jail in reference to something
dealing with the registration to the vehicle."

Brown told the station that after reviewing the bodycam video of the stop, he determined there was nothing to Moultrie’s claims.

"When I saw the video, I was shocked that someone who is supposed to be a community leader, a pastor, and head of the
NAACP would just come out and tell a blatant lie,” the police chief said. “It bothered me. It really bothered me, thinking about
the racial unrest it could've cost in the community and it's just troubling to me that someone who held a position like that
would come out and just tell a lie.”

Based on the body camera footage, the officer who stopped Moultrie neither asked if he had drugs in the car nor why he was
driving in the area,” the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

The paper reported that the officer stopped Moultrie for making a turn without signaling.

According to the paper, Moultrie’s Facebook post had been deleted.

Fox 5 quoted a local community activist as saying that he was so upset by Moultrie’s claims that he went to the police
department to take a look at the video.

Timothy Waters of Florence said the video just made him more upset, the station reported.

"Once I got a copy of that bodycam, it's as if he made the whole story up. And I felt like he set us back 100 years because
think about all of the racial profiling cases [that] are true," Waters said.

The station quoted Moultrie as declining further comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/20/naacp-leaders-racial-profiling-claim-challenged-after-bodycam-footage-released.html
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

Re: Black Community Leader, Pastor & NAACP Head Profiled - Or Was He?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:07:24 PM »

NAACP leader's racial profiling claim challenged after bodycam footage released

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/20/naacp-leaders-racial-profiling-claim-challenged-after-bodycam-footage-released.html

"Jerrod Moultrie could be my son..."
B. O'bama

ren

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
The lie is that there is racism. If there was racism would be no NAACP. I wouldnt be able to serve in the military and earn a college degree. Im employed. There are lots of black athletes who are wealthy and black celebrities. Lots of Asian businesses. Heck we trade with China and other countries.
Whoever is running this racist machinery is an utter failure at it. The racist machine is not working.
The victim machine is working at overload though.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
The lie is that there is racism. If there was racism would be no NAACP. I wouldnt be able to serve in the military and earn a college degree. Im employed. There are lots of black athletes who are wealthy and black celebrities. Lots of Asian businesses. Heck we trade with China and other countries.
Whoever is running this racist machinery is an utter failure at it. The racist machine is not working.
The victim machine is working at overload though.

There's a logic circuit in the brain that routes thoughts either to "accept responsibility" or "deny - deny - deny".  Those who value the truth, even when facing negative consequences, will take the path the facts support.

Those who truly believe their lives are the fault of someone else's oppression, and that their choices are never the cause of their problems, will default to the denial branch almost every single time.

Path of least resistance ...
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall