Slide Fire Solutions (Bump Fire) (Read 10126 times)

Joon

Slide Fire Solutions (Bump Fire)
« on: October 16, 2011, 12:35:58 AM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if this was legal in Hawaii before I bought a few.
http://www.slidefiresolutions.com/Product-SSAR-15.html
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/slide-fire-solutions-ssar-15-bump-fire-device-ar-15/

It seems to be a "legal/ATF approved" way of simulating full-auto on an AR-15.  What do you guys think?

- Joon

Joon

Re: Slide Fire Solutions (Bump Fire)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 01:02:35 AM »
Actually, that brings up a question I had.

Total magazine capacity in Hawaii = 10 rounds, correct?  I think someone at Gun Source mentioned that it was legal to own 30 round magazines.  Is this true or false?

- joon

Joon

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »
I really appreciate all the responses from you gentlemen.  I've been lurking on this forum for a few months, but I haven't had a chance to really mention anything.

So the official word is:  30 round magazines = illegal?

I've heard that people fire ARs w/ 30 round magazines at Koko Head w/ no issue.

Also - Bump fire in Hawaii, do you guys foresee that causing a lot of needless drama?

Joon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »
Gents,

Just a question on rules at Koko Head:
1.  Safer to show up with 10 round magazines?
2.  Would they freak out if I had one of those bump-fire stocks w/ a 30 round magazine?

Just curious.  I'm currently abroad right now, so I can't do either.  (I only have 1 x 10 round magazine!)

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
King and Funtimes.

Maybe agree to disagree or start an other thread to discuss.

Joon,

If I were you I WOULD NOT bump fire at Kokohead.
They WILL have a fit if you do.
There is no rapid fire there anyways.

Sorry your thread got messed on.

As for +10 mags I guess the debate rages. IMHO they are technically illegal.  ;D
But, IANAL.

Joon

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
What's IANAL mean?

Thanks guys :)

Kingkeoni

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 08:41:21 PM »
I really appreciate all the responses from you gentlemen.  I've been lurking on this forum for a few months, but I haven't had a chance to really mention anything.

So the official word is:  30 round magazines = illegal?

I've heard that people fire ARs w/ 30 round magazines at Koko Head w/ no issue.

Also - Bump fire in Hawaii, do you guys foresee that causing a lot of needless drama?

I don't think they would allow bump fire at Kokohead.

Their rules state no rapid fire or indiscriminate fire.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

sirkaiks

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
What's IANAL mean?

Thanks guys :)

IANAL= i am not a lawyer
i use 30 round mags at kokohead.  i see guys using drum mags there too. it doesnʻt really matter because you can only load 5rds anyway... no one knows if your mags are pinned or not

230RN

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »
I'm not clear on why one would need special equipment to bump-fire.  The way I understand it, almost any semiauto long arm can be bump-fired if it has sufficient recoil.  (Never actually did it myself for lack of suitable shooting place, but the theory's clear in my mind.)

I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

Colt808

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »
I'm not clear on why one would need special equipment to bump-fire.  The way I understand it, almost any semiauto long arm can be bump-fired if it has sufficient recoil.  (Never actually did it myself for lack of suitable shooting place, but the theory's clear in my mind.)
True, one doesn't need anything more than practice to bump fire. But the slide fire stock makes the process more consistent and relatively on target.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »

Bump firing is done from the hip.

The slide fire stock allows you to use your sights while bump firing.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:57 PM »
The Device legal but where u going use it?  I used a similar device at a gun range here many moons ago and someone in an adjoining business called the police. They came and luckily knew who we were and knew what was going on. But it will be up to the law enforcement officers opinion on how to handle the matter. You can actually bump fire and semi auto. So it's cool and everything but not worth the harassment. The magazine issue is so gray even the pro gun politicians know that the law is vague.  Basically I was told by the city prosecutor if you have a ar rifle you can have any mag. But if u own a ar pistol then u can't have any hicap mags to go along with your ar rifle!
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

vooduchikn

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
Basically I was told by the city prosecutor if you have a ar rifle you can have any mag. But if u own a ar pistol then u can't have any hicap mags to go along with your ar rifle!

Whoever said this is a complete idiot.
Relax, I've banned myself..

Funtimes

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »
I'm looking the other way! I did have the opportunity to teach one of the public defenders this weekend, good discussions!