***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD****** (Read 46362 times)

Heavies

Re: ***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD******
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2019, 04:59:58 PM »
Damn 22 is like voodoo.  Who would have guess a wind coming from either left or right, the head would move up or down also.  Gotta memorize the chart.  Thanks.

Yep, wind is fun!  :thumbsup:

In my experience, which is by no means professional, I watch conditions and pick a condition in which the wind is light but steady, Never shoot in the boil.  The wind is usually cyclic there will be gusts, steady light periods, and times when the wind drops off completely.  I try to look for a light steady condition and make my shots then, dope impacts and compensate, then attempt to make all score shots as quick as possible during those lulls.  If you shoot in a no wind condition (the boil as seen in the scope) shots go who knows where. :rofl:

Also you need to watch conditions at the line, half way, and at the target...  Yep FUN! ;D

I know at puuloa, there are wind flags every 100 yards, there could be full value wind on all the flags except one flag that is 2/3 to the target at 600 yards, if you break the shot that would throw you off the 10 ring. 

Bushido

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »
Great info Heavies!

For all that shoot rimfires for accuracy, they know how difficult shooting in wind can be. Most fear wind, you should instead embrace it and learn it. Wind comes in similar patterns to waves in the ocean. There are times when the "sets" come and times when the lulls happen. Wind flows over the land very much like water would, not just horizontally. Those that are on Oahu and shoot at KHSC have experienced the swirl like effect the wind has because of the crater like area the range is built on. The wind near the far left and right of the range is not what it is in the center. Most people will also misjudge wind velocity until they use an anemometer. What I thought was 10-15mph trades was nowhere near that until I acquired one. --- I absolutely love shooting 22s in the wind.

Bushido

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:03 PM »
here is my DOPE chart for my RPRRimfire and a mil dot reticle (FFP scope) to give you an idea of drop at distance.

this is assuming a 10mph crosswind, 50 yard zero, and CCI Standard Velocity.

Great share. My DOPE is similar.

luckydog1

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2019, 10:32:44 AM »
Hey Plat.  Outstanding stock !  Where did you source this?

GlockNewb

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
Rig: Ruger 10/22 Takedown w/ Magpul Backpacker Stock (no other after-market parts)
Scope: Simmons 4x32 .22mag
Ammo: Federal F&R HV, 36gr CPHP

Best group of the day. Not spectacular, more for bringing friends to the silly side. :)
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

changemyoil66

« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2019, 09:43:41 AM »
Rig: Ruger 10/22 Takedown w/ Magpul Backpacker Stock (no other after-market parts)
Scope: Simmons 4x32 .22mag
Ammo: Federal F&R HV, 36gr CPHP

Best group of the day. Not spectacular, more for bringing friends to the silly side. :)

Pics of rifle?

GlockNewb

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2019, 07:15:07 PM »
Pics of rifle?

Like I mentioned, all stock except for the stock :P

Bushido

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »
Nice GlockNewb!!

Talking about silly side, anyone shoot smallbore silhouette with the club? Been wanting to go for awhile but something always comes up.

isldsnow

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »
Hi, is there a gun sale thread? My father in law just passed and i want to start selling his guns. i think i need to register them first. Anyways, since this is a 22 thread, he has a Ruger 10 22 with scope and a Mark 1. He has others, but trying to respect the thread. Mahalos,

GlockNewb

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
Hi, is there a gun sale thread? My father in law just passed and i want to start selling his guns. i think i need to register them first. Anyways, since this is a 22 thread, he has a Ruger 10 22 with scope and a Mark 1. He has others, but trying to respect the thread. Mahalos,

Post what you got in the “Classifieds” section. GLWS!!

GlockNewb

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »
Nice GlockNewb!!

Talking about silly side, anyone shoot smallbore silhouette with the club? Been wanting to go for awhile but something always comes up.

I seen their targets up close during cease fires...I can only dream of getting that proficient :P

Hi state

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
Nice GlockNewb!!

I try to make it when I can to shoot the smallbore silhouette matches it’s a bunch of fun you should definitely make some time and shoot it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:40:16 PM by Hi state »

Hi state

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2019, 11:06:41 PM »
I seen their targets up close during cease fires...I can only dream of getting that proficient :P
I thought the same but the more you shoot the better you get.

GlockNewb

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »
Well, lookie what popped up in my subscription feed...

changemyoil66

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2019, 10:08:00 AM »

Shooting a 22 at 200+ yards is even more challenging than 100 that they allow.  The drop is crazy, I almost ran out of room on my scope for the hold over (I don't adjust elevation knob).

Bushido

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2019, 11:48:45 AM »

I believe the better guys put out reduced targets as well.

stangzilla

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
this is the optic on my bolt action 22.  Primary arms 6x 22LR scope.  its not expensive, around $130
its not made for bullseye competition so if you want super accurate this is probably not what you want, its more geared at plinking and small game hunting like squirrels, rabbits, crows or birds.  good for quick range estimation, target acquisition, wind hold overs or moving target leads
I wanted something to shoot at the silhouette side on my 22 rifle, and this is working out great for this purpose
I have the 1 gen scope, now they are on gen 3.

at 3:15 is an explanation of the ACSS reticle

changemyoil66

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
That's pretty cool they have the different object so you can see your range.

Hi state

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
 Did some ammo testing my self group size varies from lot to lot but so far the best groups I got have been with sk rifle match

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:50:58 PM by Hi state »

changemyoil66

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 02:28:53 PM »
Pic of rifle?