shooting sports fair (Read 12423 times)

bass monkey

shooting sports fair
« on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:46 AM »
anyone got info on this year's shooting sports fair.  i know it's usually father's day weekend, but haven't seen any flyers posted or any mention.   let me know the scoops

edster48

Re: shooting sports fair
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:25:56 AM »
Fathers day weekend, always.  8)
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 08:09:23 AM »
I think this has been covered already but here it is again.
...working a venue on Sunday
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:34:43 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
and for those of you interested in purchasing a new firearm, this is a GREAT time and place to try a whole lotta  of em'   :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

dafrtknocker

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
and for those of you interested in purchasing a new firearm, this is a GREAT time and place to try a whole lotta  of em'   :thumbsup:
Plus the ones you might not be able to afford! :shaka:

Silenus

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
and for those of you interested in purchasing a new firearm, this is a GREAT time and place to try a whole lotta  of em'   
I will be there and this is exactly a big reason for me to go!

bass monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »
thanks for all the replies guys. also what's a good amount of cash to bring?

mauidog

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »

Depends on how many people you're paying for!   I spent $200 for 4 of us to shoot all day.  That's between $40 - $50 each.

YMMV
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Rocky

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »

Depends on what you shoot.
For EXAMPLE.
IF script is $0.50 each, 2 script ($1.00) may get you 10 rounds of .22
IF script is $0.50 each, 5 script ($2.50) may get you 10 rounds of 9mm
IF script is $0.50 each, 10 script ($5.00) may get you 10 rounds of .45
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
Been hearing ads on the radio "shoot  guns and ammo"
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

Sodie

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 04:40:30 PM »
Tough to shoot one without the other...

mic808

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 04:50:32 PM »
is there any HRA memership tent to sign up to join? i cant remember last year when we went.

macsak

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
is there any HRA memership tent to sign up to join? i cant remember last year when we went.

it will probably be at the sign in tent or right next to it

mic808

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
thanks macsak.

macsak

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 05:13:35 PM »
thanks macsak.

i'll be at the xring table on sunday
introduce yourself
i'm the skinnier, balder one in the booth
 :wave:

mic808

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
im working on sunday, sorry mac but i will be in tomorrow

dafrtknocker

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
Going tomorrow, did anybody notice if the VP9 or Glock 43 were available?

bass monkey

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »
anyone know who that guy was sitting under the tree near the archery asking for signatures to petition the mayor for renovations? he has blueprint plans on the table about the renovations and got 2ahawaii written down.  i asked him what the site was about and he said its a blog kinda thing.  he said he there for his boss and pulled out a clipboard with minutes and notes taken down.  he told me his name was nate but didn't say who guys boys was our what company.  he only got 60 signatures today as well even though he was there all day.  Just wondering if anyone knows who that was or if anyone saw and talked to him

Barrett808

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »
Nice meeting you today Bass Monkey. Seem like a pretty good turn out. Tomorrow will probably be busier.
Wonder if the guy you saw works for that landscaper / contractor that goes to the Hi Kai board meetings?
Had drafts of parking structure and meeting/classrooms. Get real, broke *ss city can't fix old restroom by rifle range or maintain facilities.
Heard the roof rattling in the wind by sileoutte range where law enforcement uses during the week yikes....
It's all the shooting clubs & volunteers that keep our range going. Thanks Macsak and the crews, youre the unsung heros. We appreciate all you do!
Aloha!
 :shaka:

matt0137

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 05:54:48 PM »
Nice meeting you today Bass Monkey. Seem like a pretty good turn out. Tomorrow will probably be busier.
Wonder if the guy you saw works for that landscaper / contractor that goes to the Hi Kai board meetings?
Had drafts of parking structure and meeting/classrooms. Get real, broke *ss city can't fix old restroom by rifle range or maintain facilities.
Heard the roof rattling in the wind by sileoutte range where law enforcement uses during the week yikes....
It's all the shooting clubs & volunteers that keep our range going. Thanks Macsak and the crews, youre the unsung heros. We appreciate all you do!
Aloha!
 :shaka:

His name is Nate and he said he works for Kevin Mulkern (yes, he's the landscaper that goes to the HK board meetings.) I agree that the plans seem a little far fetched for the reasons you mentioned. The petition was to have improvements made, not necessarily the plans that were drawn out. I think it would make more sense to make the plans a little simpler and not try for so much, but I'm not in charge or anything. I think we'd all like to see improvements and anyone organizing a fight for that has my support.