out of state hunting saftey course (Read 7421 times)

Jphilly

out of state hunting saftey course
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »
i see a lot of states offer there hunter safety course online, say I take the class online and get my hunting licesne for texas could i be eligible to get a Hawaii hunting license? i beleive there all apart of  internation hunter education association. any info would be greatly appreciated.

stangzilla

Re: out of state hunting saftey course
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
i think the DLNR will accept out of state permits that will exempt you from taking the Hawaii test, but better to check with them if it qualifies

NoScade

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
I took my hunters ed in Cali over 20 years ago while in college. I've hunted in various states and I hunt here so I say yes. 

Deep_Mauka

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »
The answer is technically yes, but you'll need to have your records in order and complete the DLNR's 'letter of exemption.'  Who knows if they always grant it. I'd be curious how they feel about online courses as I was under the impression that they wouldn't take those (can't find any evidence for that right now though...)

more info: http://hawaii.gov/dlnrlcwi/2013dofaw/hunting
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. - 2 Kings 2:23-24

survivorman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 08:10:10 AM »
i see a lot of states offer there hunter safety course online, say I take the class online and get my hunting licesne for texas could i be eligible to get a Hawaii hunting license? i beleive there all apart of  internation hunter education association. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jphilly,

I was thinking of doing the same thing, did you go through the online course?  How did it work out?

powder monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
 :shaka:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:48:51 AM by powder monkey »

aaronc5362

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 03:36:30 AM »
Reviving old thread. I too just completed the Texas online safety course cause work doesn't allow me to take it locally. Plus the Texas one says valid for all 50 states.  Curious to know what happened. Does Honolulu honor it or do I still have to go the one here.

Thanks in advance for any input!

survivorman

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:53:30 AM »
They will honor it, just have to go to the DLNR site and download an exemption form.   I'll post a link later if nobody beats me to it.

aaronc5362

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 09:23:49 AM »
Thanks survivorman! That makes me happy now lol.!

macsak

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 09:32:18 AM »
Thanks survivorman! That makes me happy now lol.!

aloha 5362
which online class did you take?

aaronc5362

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Hello,

I took the Texas hunters Ed. Had like 19 sections. Took me bout a week to finish. Cause I only had a couple hours a night to do it. Still got to print it out. Lol.

aaronc5362

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »
I got the official link at home,

Did the tpwd ihea. I chose the online course only.

Hope I did the right one now lol. But from another link it said for all 50 states so I just chose that one lol.

macsak

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »
Hello,

I took the Texas hunters Ed. Had like 19 sections. Took me bout a week to finish. Cause I only had a couple hours a night to do it. Still got to print it out. Lol.

did you take the state one, or from an online class?

aaronc5362

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »
It was all on line. Never been to Texas. Lived Oahu my whole life .

survivorman

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 01:45:05 PM »
They will honor it, just have to go to the DLNR site and download an exemption form.   I'll post a link later if nobody beats me to it.

FYI

Per DLNR, as of August 11, 2015, the letter of exemption is no longer required for purchasing a Hawaii Hunting License as long as you can provide proof of completed IHEA approved Hunters Ed course.