Lets talk CAMO (Read 10696 times)

mangosteenqueen

Re: Lets talk CAMO
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 08:30:28 PM »
Yeah coyote, tan, and OD do very well for being patternless. Have you seen the SADF Nutria Brown or the IDF OD green?

You can learn quite a lot if you watch combat footage of the middle east and ukraine. (Hate to say it but knowledge also comes from the price of lives, and videos are valuable resources too)

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
I dont even know if I uploaded the images correctly:

Supposedly in the attached picture mix/match of camo since I'm new at this:
Grassy picture: (Left) Partizan top and multicam pants, (Right) Gorka-3 jacket and multicam pants with a multicam sniper veil. It was a rainy and cloudy day in a grassy field
Forest picture: (Left) Multicam set with a home made ghillie "hood" made with fish netting from Ben Franklins and burlap, (Right) KLMK oversuit top with 5.11 pants in Tundra color

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
Well that took long enough
Probably because the image size is too large to proccess
(Left) Multicam set with home made ghillie hood, (Right) KLMK suit top with mask and 5.11 pants in Tundra color
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:12:06 PM by mangosteenqueen »

davgdavg

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 08:07:08 PM »
Yeah coyote, tan, and OD do very well for being patternless. Have you seen the SADF Nutria Brown or the IDF OD green?

You can learn quite a lot if you watch combat footage of the middle east and ukraine. (Hate to say it but knowledge also comes from the price of lives, and videos are valuable resources too)

Exactly. Olive drab with things to conceal the outline of "person". Concealing the outline and movement are much more important than colors.

Rocky

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »
Tan and water (sumpftarn) and east german/NVA rain camo (strichtarn) seem to work pretty well.
Sumpftarn is usually only available as ww2 german camo smock reproductions. The smock designs may look funny but they sure do a great job breaking the human silhouette.