Police killed a katana woman! (Read 6519 times)

PeaShooter

Police killed a katana woman!
« on: June 17, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-shoot-woman-wielding-sword-134453609.html

Need more pictures. And I want to see what she looked like when they shot her.

oldfart

Re: Police killed a katana woman!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 07:56:20 PM »
Very strange. Running around in a formal dress with a sword.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:22:55 PM »
Her inspiration, maybe?

The YouTube mass shooter ....

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »
What ever happened to the good old days when girls stayed home and made babies?
 :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
they should've shot her in the leg or something
Deeds Not Words

mrgaf

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »
“Decorative sword” = unsharpened.... no reason to kill her....pigs will be pigs I guess..... :wtf:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 10:51:15 PM »
“Decorative sword” = unsharpened.... no reason to kill her....pigs will be pigs I guess..... :wtf:
Ain't that like a realistic airsoft gun?

But...
Regardless, what happened to stuff like, tasers, pepper spray...?
I mean, really???? A girl running around in formal dress?
I'd like to see a follow up story.
What, Me Worry?

rklapp

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 07:02:05 AM »
“Police officers shot bean bags at Fulkerson, Grant Braaten, whose yard she ran across, told The Star.”
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
And her mother is bashing PD for using deadly force.  I bet she files lawsuit shortly.

ren

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 09:45:46 AM »
In all seriousness. It was justified. Decorative or not if a person invaded my home with a sword I wouldnt stop to ask. A person with a sword is already at an advantage over a homeowner with guns locked in a safe or holstered.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Deeds Not Words

PeaShooter

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article213207719.html

Details of the story are vague but it sounds like at the end she was only hiding in the garage of an abandoned house. Until in my imagination an army SWAT police got tired of waiting for her to come out and bulldozed it and peppered her with assault rifles. I have to wonder if the police knew what the situation was or if they overreacted to phone complaints.

It says she didn't bring any sword but just stole it (possibly unsharpened) from the previous house.

robtmc

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »
Until in my imagination an army SWAT police got tired of waiting for her to come out and bulldozed it and peppered her with assault rifles.
They were all tooled up with their tacticool urban assualt vehicle and dressed to the nines in the latest Gestapo battle rattle.  Could not let all those fun toys and constumes go to waste............

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 10:35:29 PM »
Sharpened or not, it still holds a point that can be used for stabbing and is basically a blungeon.

Exaggerating, but a a knight in plated armor armed with only a sword would grab his own blade and turn it into a really short spear or impromptu dagger and jam it between the openings of his opponent’s armor, or entirely grab the blade with both hands and use the guard and pommel as a impromptu warhammer. In other words, called half-swording.

But I doubt she knew any of that besides that it’s a katana of varying quality.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 06:26:57 AM »
Like most reporting these days, article seems light on facts and full of judgement.

Can’t believe the mom said they should’ve shot her in the leg.  :crazy:

mrgaf

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »
Like most reporting these days, article seems light on facts and full of judgement.

Or at least the foot....  :wacko:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

PeaShooter

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
New accounts are even more bizarre than the old ones. Some facts seem incompatible with others.

http://www.kmbc.com/article/witnesses-share-new-details-of-how-woman-with-stolen-sword-was-killed/21676972
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article213520809.html
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article213260674.html

It started(?) with a break-in(?) at Robert Person’s (unoccupied and unlocked) home. He says Fulkerson, 28, stole a bridesmaid’s dress and a decorative sword. (so I presume she was naked when she entered his house :love:)

Fulkerson hopped out of the window of Person's home and ran to the garage of the abandoned home across the street. "It just seemed like the wrong angle. She seemed like a scared animal that was cornered.” Two hours later, a battering ram forced her out. Then, there were gunshots.

Witnesses said Fulkerson charged officers with the sword. (regardless of anything else, as long as this is true then the police acted reasonably :-[)

"If she’s running across the street half-naked with a sword, she’s probably not OK. She probably needs a doctor. She needs her mom. She needs somebody besides the militarized police.” (this is why I want pictures ;D)

------------

According to police, the incident began(?) about 1:30 p.m. when officers working in the area of Northeast 38th Street and North Jackson Avenue saw a woman (in a wedding dress) walking down the street with a sword. (how is this a crime? there can only be one beginning. and only one highlander)

She appeared to be headed toward a day care center. The officers tried to talk to her, but she ran. (trying to get her phone number perhaps? ;D)

Simonetti then tried unsuccessfully to enter several homes before breaking into a house where no one was home. Because police considered Simonetti armed and because she would not leave the house, they initiated a procedure for an armed standoff. That procedure includes bringing more officers to the scene, including a tactical team and negotiators. Police surrounded the house, and the nearby day care was placed on lockdown. After about an hour and 20 minutes, Simonetti left the house and fled into a nearby detached garage, still carrying the sword. The homeowner said last Friday that Simonetti had entered his house through an unlocked door and took a decorative sword and put on a bridesmaid dress.

While she was fleeing, officers used several nonlethal tools to try to arrest her. Police did not immediately specify those tools on Wednesday but said "although she was struck numerous times, they were ineffective, which is very unusual." (i guess the SWAT team sucks or something is fishy here :-\)

Officers surrounded the garage to keep Simonetti from escaping. Trying to get her to surrender, they used negotiators, pepper spray and beanbag projectiles, without success. Negotiators tried to talk to Simonetti by phone and through a public address system but received no response. About 4 p.m. — "after being repeatedly instructed to disarm," police said — Simonetti left the garage and "ran toward officers with the sword." Officers shot and killed Simonetti.

------------

It ended with Kansas City police officers firing at least six bullets, killing 28-year-old Ashley Simonetti, and leaving those who knew her seething, insisting that although Simonetti acted peculiar, she was never a danger to others. Police on Friday confirmed they had "recovered a sword from the deceased" but did not provide any more details on what prompted officers to fire.

Police descended en masse. Simonetti, inside a neighbor's unoccupied house, climbed out of a window to elude them. The sword reportedly was stolen from the home. So was the bridesmaid's dress. (wait so she was in the street with a sword, then chased back into a house where she stole the sword and dress from? :-\)

She ran through Braaten's yard. Her dress came loose. Police fired bean bags at her in a scene that Braaten called crazy. "Seeing her run through the backyard with a sword in her hand. She’s topless(!). This lady is obviously out of her gourd," he said. (obvious by now what I want. :love:)

Finally, police tried to enter the garage with a battering ram. Simonetti sneaked under the bashed garage door and took off running. "They opened fire on her and dropped her there," Braaten said. (wait so this article refutes the charging the police version of events).

She was well known in the neighborhood, he said. Her mother lives nearby. "I know she wasn't a threat to anybody," Neff said. "She was just a colorful person." Neighbors said the same. Gerald Ferguson said he would often see Simonetti across the street, on Neff's yard, practicing her moves(!!), which Neff said was like a free-form mixture of ballet, yoga and martial arts.

So she lives in the neighborhood (true thieves rarely rob their own area) is friendly, well-liked, and well-known to be weird, and was on the street or possibly inside someone's unlocked home wearing his wife's clothes and sword? I think the police may have screwed this one up.

hvybarrels

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »
Cops just got tired and executed a crazy person probably because Kansas City mental health services are non existent and there was nobody available who could properly handle the situation.

They probably ran a credit check to see if her family was rich enough to get a good lawyer first.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

mrgaf

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 11:02:21 AM »
Cops just got tired and executed a crazy person probably because Kansas City mental health services are non existent and there was nobody available who could properly handle the situation.

They probably ran a credit check to see if her family was rich enough to get a good lawyer first.

:thumbsup:

RSN172

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »

A lot of people don’t realize shooting someone in the leg can easily be a fatal wound if the bullet hit the femoral artery.