Re: No 2a anymore?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »
Hopefully it’ll start up again soon.

I think they are working on the action bays.  don't quote me though

raudi

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 03:25:51 PM »
I think they are working on the action bays.  don't quote me though

There were some heavy equipment work on the bays last week. Hopefully it get's done soon.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 09:52:04 AM »
There were some heavy equipment work on the bays last week. Hopefully it get's done soon.

That's good to know.  The Sasquatch Tower (OF's description of water tower :rofl:) is still there last time I visited the range so that's a good sign.

The wheels of progress turn slowly at times.  And more so in the banana republik of hawaii.  Sometimes I feel the wheels are stuck.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 11:45:24 AM »
That's good to know.  The Sasquatch Tower (OF's description of water tower :rofl:) is still there last time I visited the range so that's a good sign.

The wheels of progress turn slowly at times.  And more so in the banana republik of hawaii.  Sometimes I feel the wheels are stuck.
Action bays should open up next month. But there may be rule changes. There is a lot of political nonsense going on at the parks dept. It's pretty disturbing.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2023, 12:18:15 PM »
Action bays should open up next month. But there may be rule changes. There is a lot of political nonsense going on at the parks dept. It's pretty disturbing.

It's kinda bittersweet hearing this news.  It makes you happy that the bays will eventually open but it also makes you sad because everyone knows how the politicians feel about 2a in general.

But thanks for the heads up. :shaka:

I guess we wait and see.  Like a cup half empty or half full.  Depends how you look at it. ;D :(

I coming bi-polar already. :rofl:

hvybarrels

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 02:35:34 AM »
Just remember according to the Colorado supreme court’s recent decision if you ever say anything critical about the government you are now considered an insurrectionist. No training for you!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 12:16:12 PM »

I have a feeling that they're going to ban steel. I hope they don't require targets be 10 feet tall and at minimum 40 yards away for non competitive shooting groups.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2023, 12:58:44 PM »
I have a feeling that they're going to ban steel. I hope they don't require targets be 10 feet tall and at minimum 40 yards away for non competitive shooting groups.
There is no legitimate reason to ban steel targets.
There is no chronic problem.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »
Just remember according to the Colorado supreme court’s recent decision if you ever say anything critical about the government you are now considered an insurrectionist. No training for you!

The government feels that everyday citizens cannot handle the strenuous rigors of firearms training.  It is too stressful and beyond the physical capabilities of its citizens.

Plus the government really and truly cares about its citizens well-being.

They don't want us to get hurt.

So they feel it's best for all concerned (and especially them) that we don't indulge in any type of firearm training.

6716J

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2024, 07:51:33 AM »
There is no legitimate reason to ban steel targets.
There is no chronic problem.

You said legitimate.... like they care?

Look at Chief Logan and HPD dragging their feet on the rule changes, "approval" of instructors, "approval" of CCW permits (which shouldn't be required but don't start a whole rant here) and so on. So legitimate reasons are irrelevant to them. We are insignificant to them and every opportunity to step on our rights they get, they will take it.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2024, 10:12:24 AM »
===========
Revisiting this thread....

Funny you should mention insurrection.
Perhaps I'm just paranoid, but I see a lot of similarities between what happened here during
 the last year and historical events from WW2 and Vietnam.
There is a newly-formed DLE (Dept of Law Enforcement)
The DLE is like a conglomeration of various separate law enforcement groups. eg. hpd, sheriffs, DPS (prisons) dlnr, etc.
If you look at history, back in 1933 Nazi Germany unified various local police groups in a similar fashion under Heinrich Himmler.
In 1971, Pol Pot formed the "Santebal" secret police force for the Khmer Rouge Democratic Party.

RE: Himmler 1933----

As a member of a reserve battalion during the First World War, Himmler did not see active service or combat. Having joined the Nazi Party in 1923 and the SS in 1925, he was appointed Reichsführer-SS by Adolf Hitler in 1929. Over the next sixteen years, Himmler developed the SS from a 290-man battalion into a million-strong paramilitary group. He was known for good organisational skills and for selecting highly competent subordinates, such as Reinhard Heydrich in 1931. From 1943 onwards, he was both Chief of the Kriminalpolizei (Criminal Police) and Minister of the Interior, overseeing all internal and external police and security forces, including the Gestapo (Secret State Police). He also controlled the Waffen-SS, the military branch of the SS.
----

RE: Vietnam 1971 ---
The Santebal  (meaning "keeper of peace") was the secret police of the Khmer Rouge's Democratic Kampuchea (DK) regime in Cambodia.
The Santebal was in charge of internal security and running prison camps like Tuol Sleng (S-21) where thousands of people were imprisoned, interrogated, tortured and executed. It was part of the Khmer Rouge organizational structure
------------

nah, I'm probably just paranoid.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2024, 08:22:12 PM »
The biggest concern and outright fear of our government is a citizenry that is capable of taking on any enemy, foreign or domestic. :thumbsup:

They are afraid.  It's not We the People.  It's we the sheeple. 

At least it rhymes.  Kinda.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 04:11:26 PM by QUIETShooter »