Comey's Testimony Today So Far (Read 33400 times)

mauidog

Re: Comey's Testimony Today So Far
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

punaperson

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »

mauidog

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »
Was he lying then, or is he lying now?

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

ren

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »
The bot got cut off, but is says "still your President".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

according to our congressional delegation that is wrong

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/35624701/hawaiis-congressional-delegation-reacts-to-james-comey-testimony

U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard

• "I think that there were, I'm looking through the readouts, there were questions that were raised and the Senate's gonna have to continue working through the bipartisan investigation that they have going on. I think the most important thing now is that facts and transparency take the forefront as these investigations continue."

U.S. Rep. Colleen Hanabusa

• "FBI Director Comey made it very clear that Russia interfered. He didn't even mince those words. He made it very clear that they did. And the President knows that and that's why he's asked him not to pursue it."

U.S. Sen. Mazie Hirono

• "I think he was very straightforward and thoughtful in his responses and tried to be as accurate as possible in the dealings and conversations he had with the president. I think there's a case for obstruction of justice but whether a case for obstruction of justice ultimately will be found requires further proceedings."

U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz

• "The takeaway from the Comey hearing is that there's more to learn here. That we have multiple lines of inquiry, we have a counter intelligence investigation which is live, which has to do with the active measures that the Russians undertook in 2016. But it's also clear we have a criminal investigation underway which may be primarily related to obstruction of justice but we actually don't know what else they're looking into. My view is that we ought to follow the facts wherever they lead."
Deeds Not Words

punaperson

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/35624701/hawaiis-congressional-delegation-reacts-to-james-comey-testimony

U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard

• "I think that there were, I'm looking through the readouts, there were questions that were raised and the Senate's gonna have to continue working through the bipartisan investigation that they have going on. I think the most important thing now is that facts and transparency take the forefront as these investigations continue."

• "FBI Director Comey made it very clear that Russia interfered. He didn't even mince those words. He made it very clear that they did. And the President knows that and that's why he's asked him not to pursue it."

U.S. Sen. Mazie Hirono

• "I think he was very straightforward and thoughtful in his responses and tried to be as accurate as possible in the dealings and conversations he had with the president. I think there's a case for obstruction of justice but whether a case for obstruction of justice ultimately will be found requires further proceedings."

U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz

• "The takeaway from the Comey hearing is that there's more to learn here. That we have multiple lines of inquiry, we have a counter intelligence investigation which is live, which has to do with the active measures that the Russians undertook in 2016. But it's also clear we have a criminal investigation underway which may be primarily related to obstruction of justice but we actually don't know what else they're looking into. My view is that we ought to follow the facts wherever they lead."

Talk about trolls...

Bunker

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »
I wouldn't have expected anything less from Hawaii's delegation....

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bunker

ren

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »
whatever happened to bipartisanship from our Hawaii delegates?
You'd think they'd play nice since we need money for the rail
Deeds Not Words

punaperson

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
whatever happened to bipartisanship from our Hawaii delegates?
You'd think they'd play nice since we need money for the rail
As long as they can say and do what they likely need to say and do to keep getting elected... they see the endless public dole bounty manifested by their predecessors: Inouye (59 consecutive years in office, 49 as a U.S. Senator whose term in office only ended due to death at age 88... had he lived to 120 I'm sure he'd have served the whole time), and Akaka (37 consecutive years in office, including 13 as U.S. Senator, retired from the Senate at 88). I'm sure Mazie, Brian, Tulsi, and Colleen envision themselves being returned to "public service" by Hawaii's loyal voters until at least that age...

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:15 PM »
Isn't this kind of premature? I mean his testimony isn't the whole picture as it didn't make public everything that was known about the investigation.

I think Comey did well in the testimony. He avoided politics and tried to answer questions the way a public servant should. This of course doesn't make people with political agendas happy though. He could have slanted it bad for either party if he wanted but he didn't.

My take away is still that we don't know enough but there seems to be smoke and where there is smoke there is usually fire. So they are calling each other liars essentially and if push comes to shove then I think Comey has more credibility.

Who knows what was said and asked in the closed door hearing though.

London808

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 09:03:17 PM »
Isn't this kind of premature? I mean his testimony isn't the whole picture as it didn't make public everything that was known about the investigation.

I think Comey did well in the testimony. He avoided politics and tried to answer questions the way a public servant should. This of course doesn't make people with political agendas happy though. He could have slanted it bad for either party if he wanted but he didn't.

My take away is still that we don't know enough but there seems to be smoke and where there is smoke there is usually fire. So they are calling each other liars essentially and if push comes to shove then I think Comey has more credibility.

Who knows what was said and asked in the closed door hearing though.

The whole premises is that Trump/his team colluded with the Russians for trump to win. Comey himself said there is no evidence WHY THE FUCK would there be an investigation started if there is not 1 shred of evidence to suggest that its true ?

Comey himself  even aknolleges that Russia did not casue 1 single vote to change.

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Bunker

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
I was just listening to the news and a report said the Trump Administration will be filling a formal complaint with the IG and Attorney General regarding Comey's leaking privileged information/conversations and possibly classified information to the NY Times. I hope they do!

mauidog

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »
I was just listening to the news and a report said the Trump Administration will be filling a formal complaint with the IG and Attorney General regarding Comey's leaking privileged information/conversations and possibly classified information to the NY Times. I hope they do!

Comey has already determined he had no intent to break the law, so he's covered.     :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mrgaf

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »

:rofl:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

mrgaf

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »

U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard

U.S. Sen. Mazie Hirono

U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz

What a clueless bunch of turd rollers.... :wtf:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

mrgaf

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
As long as they can say and do what they likely need to say and do to keep getting elected... they see the endless public dole bounty manifested by their predecessors: Inouye (59 consecutive years in office, 49 as a U.S. Senator whose term in office only ended due to death at age 88... had he lived to 120 I'm sure he'd have served the whole time), and Akaka (37 consecutive years in office, including 13 as U.S. Senator, retired from the Senate at 88). I'm sure Mazie, Brian, Tulsi, and Colleen envision themselves being returned to "public service" by Hawaii's loyal voters until at least that age...
:shake: :sleeping: :wacko: gonna hurl.....

mrgaf

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »
Comey has already determined he had no intent to break the law, so he's covered.     :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ahhhh now it's clear....I feel better  :rofl:

Bunker

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »
Wouldn't it be ironic if Comey goes down hard for the same thing he let Clinton get away with. Wishful thinking that anything will come of this though.

mauidog

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »
A DC Bar after Comey's Performance.  Bar and restaurant owners in major Democrat cities said they haven't seen crowds this size packed in since election night.

They probably all left in the same mood, too!   O0