Gout , Diabetes, Cancer and more ! (Read 12995 times)

Rocky

Gout , Diabetes, Cancer and more !
« on: March 12, 2017, 12:36:27 PM »
   A recent bout with gout which had me literally bed ridden for 3 days straight with some of the worse pain I have ever experienced  :shake: has delivered me (us) into a plethora of info regarding our diets.

Currently reading "The China Study", the most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted which includes over a century of info.

Did you know that the knowledge to avoid, reduce the chance of,  put into remission or even cure Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's, Heart  Disease, Cognitive Dysfunction, Multiple Sclerosis,  Osteoporosis and many other diseases was known more than 70 years ago ?  :o

Seems the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB), United Sates Department of Agriculture (USDA) (which handles  Cotton, Dairy Livestock,  Poultry,  Grain and yes, Tobacco) American Dairy Science Association (ADSA), National Dairy Council  (NDC)  International  Dairy Foods Association (ADFA) and all of the other animal protein purveyors  read like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and their ilk.   :wtf:

The North America Meat Institute's page on processed meat is particularly un-nerving see how it states the many "benefits" of processed meats
Read this and you'll never eat a "Hawaiian Winner" again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_nitrite
 I'll miss them.   :'(

Any who, you can breeze thru the book from the library or make a well spent $17.99 investment on the book to learn more.
Here are FREE links to some really good info.
Here is a short clip of Dr Michael Greger explaining the philosophy of his website, Nutritionfacts.org.
It gives context to the substance of his website, so I think it’s helpful to watch this before visiting his website for the first time:
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-philosophy-of-nutritionfacts-org/ 

At the end of this short talk, the clip transitions to a talk Greger presented at one of Dr. John McDougall’s health immersion programs.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-not-to-die
(He’s given this talk all over the country, including right here at Castle Hospital, Kailua (standing ovation always; he gives a different presentation every year, same theme). This year's talk is called, How Not To Die; the Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing our Top 15 Killers. Greger is an entertaining speaker. He begins his talk the same way he begins his book of the same title (How Not To Die), by telling the story of his beloved grandmother, who at the age of 65 had been through so many procedures for advanced heart disease that nothing more could be done for her, and she was sent home to die. Shortly thereafter, while watching 60 Minutes, she learned about a doctor named Nathan Pritikin who was running an experimental program for reversing heart disease with diet and exercise. In pain and wheel-chair bound, but willing to try, Grandma enrolled in the program. She went from wheelchair to walking 10 miles a day in a matter of weeks…. and lived 30 more years, to the ripe old age of 95. Obviously, Pritikin was onto something….

It's one of the few that matches the book by not trying to sell you something (The Library is free).
   Just thought I'd share.
Mind you, it will probably take us at least a year to get totally on the program as I have at least a $1,000 worth of meat in the freezer and it will take awhile to empty out at 4 oz's at a time.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

omnigun

Re: Gout , Diabetes, Cancer and more !
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
Can't stop and won't stop eating delicious animals. I think I rather die than go vegan.  Why live if you don't enjoy life lol

808shooter

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 07:34:30 PM »
Thanks for sharing those links! No doubt good info
 :thumbsup:

Q

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:02 PM »
Within 3 months,  i reversed my diabetes and high blood pressure, without following any standard dietary recommendations or taking any medication.

Starting A1C when i was diagnosed:  8.1
Most recent A1C: 4.9

Starting BP: 180/40
Current BP: 118/20

Within 6 months,  i lost 75 pounds without doing any exercise whatsoever,  and reversed diabetic conditions completely, specifically with regards to diabetic psoriasis, poor circulation in my feet and slow healing wounds.

For almost a year,  i have consumed essentially no vegetables aside from a single serving of green powder in what is now my postworkout drink and multivitamins,  and my blood tests results have not only improved, but are optimal.

The China study is BS.

If you like vegetables, then eat them,  but they aren't essential for anything other than micronutrients and fiber,  both of which can easily be substituted.

If you have health problems like diabetes and are looking for the answer,  its not going to be found in examples like the China study or high vegetable diets, and all the info is free on the internet.

You can PM K30LA, he will vouch for my results.

MMM

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:48:08 AM »
Within 3 months,  i reversed my diabetes and high blood pressure, without following any standard dietary recommendations or taking any medication.

Within 6 months,  i lost 75 pounds without doing any exercise whatsoever,  and reversed diabetic conditions completely, specifically with regards to diabetic psoriasis, poor circulation in my feet and slow healing wounds.

For almost a year,  i have consumed essentially no vegetables aside from a single serving of green powder in what is now my postworkout drink and multivitamins,  and my blood tests results have not only improved, but are optimal.

The China study is BS.

If you like vegetables, then eat them,  but they aren't essential for anything other than micronutrients and fiber,  both of which can easily be substituted.

If you have health problems like diabetes and are looking for the answer,  its not going to be found in examples like the China study or high vegetable diets, and all the info is free on the internet.

sounds like the ketogenic diet i've been on for 9 months.

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »
Long story short, a lot of these problems can be avoided or fixed with diet and exercise.

My uncle was diabetic.  Need shots daily or what ever.  Started to train for a marathon.  At 1st, he couldn't even run to the end of the block without stopping.  Then he accomplished that.  Then he set his sights on the next block and so on and so on.  He has done 4 marathons and NO LONGER requires insulin anymore.  he can also eat cake or what ever he wants.

He's kicking himself in the ass for not listening to the doctor years ago when he said to get some exercise.

Rocky

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »
Hey Q    :wave:
HOW DID YOU DO THIS ?
DID YOU STOP YOUR INSULIN AT THE SAME TIME ?

BEFORE AND AFTER
LDL/HDL LEVELS ?
GLUCOSE  LEVELS ?
URIC ACID LEVELS ?

Within 6 months,  i lost 75 pounds without doing any exercise whatsoever,  BELIEVABLE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 and reversed diabetic conditions completely, specifically with regards to diabetic psoriasis, poor circulation in my feet and slow healing wounds.

For almost a year,  i have consumed essentially no vegetables  GARDEN NOT DOING SO WELL ANYMORE ?
aside from a single serving of green powder in what is now my postworkout  YOU STATE ABOVE "without doing any exercise whatsoever" drink and multivitamins,  and my blood tests results have not only improved, but are optimal.
YOU SOUND LIKE A PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR GOUT  :shake:

The China study is BS.
SO I ASSUME YOU'VE READ THE BOOK AND KNOW OF CAMPBELL'S WORK (WHICH COVERS NOT ONLY CHINA STUDY, BUT STUDY'S THROUGH OUT THE USA, EUROPE, THE PI AND MORE ? )

THAT'S WHY HUMANS HAVE SUCH SHARP CLAWS AND TEETH AND ARE SO FAST AND STEALTHY  :oops:

If you have health problems like diabetes and are looking for the answer,  its not going to be found in examples like the China study or high vegetable diets,
AS MUCH AS I AM HATING THE CHANGE IN DIET, I AM ALREADY SHOWING HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS
and all the info is free on the internet. ALONG WITH SOME TYPE OF SALES PITCH

HEY K  :wave:

In closing, without following any standard dietary recommendations, taking any medication, doing any exercise whatsoever,  and consuming essentially no vegetables, you improved your high blood pressure, reduced A1C, improved cardio, lost 75 lbs, reversed diabetic conditions completely, specifically with regards to diabetic psoriasis, poor circulation in feet and slow healing wounds ?
Your a Gosh Darn Miracle !  :worship:
Always knew you were a "Special"  :love:

WAS JUST SHARING INTERESTING INFO I FOUND THAT IS FULL OF UNREFUTED FACTS AND STATISTICS REGARDING HEALTH AND DIET.
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, BUT BY ALL ACCOUNTS, IT SEEMS THAT THOSE WHO TAKE IT LIVE LONGER AND HEALTHIER THAN THOSE WHO LEAVE IT.  ;)

:shaka:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »

The China study is BS.

Thanks for the information Q.

Unfortunately, I am supposed to be on a low fat diet. I need to ask my cardiologist before I consider this.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

bass monkey

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
Most diseases are caused from inflammation as the root cause

Q

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »
HOW DID YOU DO THIS ?
DID YOU STOP YOUR INSULIN AT THE SAME TIME ?

I did it with a ketogenic diet, against the recommendations of every type of doctor I encountered. In fact, I adhered to a strict ketogenic diet, which is sub-20 carbohydrates a day, and 80-85% of my caloric intake consisting of dietary fats, again against the recommendations of my doctors, and I proved them all wrong.

They attempted to get me to begin diabetic medication; I refused. I told them I would prove them wrong, and without even beginning medication, I was able to reverse my diabetes within 3 months (the first blood test after being on the diet for 3 months was 5.0)

BEFORE AND AFTER
LDL/HDL LEVELS ?
GLUCOSE  LEVELS ?
URIC ACID LEVELS ?

LDL/HDL levels are irrelevant; old science stirred up by sugar companies. Reference the recent massive story break by the New York Times about how sugar companies manipulated test results in the 60s to blame cholesterol and high fat for diseases like heart disease and diabetes.

In fact, in a study done in China, they found that a healthy community, where numerous residents lived to be well over 90, had HDL numbers of 13-15 on average.

The real focus should be on LDL particle size, not total LDL vs HDL count.

Blood draw glucose levels 90-95 on average.

Uric acid level normal.

Within 6 months,  i lost 75 pounds without doing any exercise whatsoever,  BELIEVABLE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 and reversed diabetic conditions completely, specifically with regards to diabetic psoriasis, poor circulation in my feet and slow healing wounds.

It is believeable.

In the past 5 months, after begining to exercise, I have also increased my absolute strength by almost 200%, and also corrected my low testosterone deficiency, also without medication.

For almost a year,  i have consumed essentially no vegetables  GARDEN NOT DOING SO WELL ANYMORE ?
aside from a single serving of green powder in what is now my postworkout  YOU STATE ABOVE "without doing any exercise whatsoever" drink and multivitamins,  and my blood tests results have not only improved, but are optimal.
YOU SOUND LIKE A PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR GOUT  :shake:

Garden is fine; just don't eat most of what I grow.

Gout is an auto-immune deficiency brought on by inflammation. The primary cause of inflammation is excess carbohydrates, which converts to excess glucose, which triggers the symptoms of gout.

People who blame protein for gout episodes tend to not know why protein is often to blame. The reason protein 'causes' gout is not because of the protein itself, but because of an excess of protein in the body. The body has a specific threshold for the amount of protein it needs. For most people, it is between .4g to .6g of protein per pound of LEAN body mass, per day. Consuming excess amounts of protein causes the body to convert said excess protein into glucose via  a process called gluconeogenisis, which therefore means excess glucose in the system, triggering gout.

The answer is simple: don't over consume protein and carbohydrates, and you have a significantly reduced change of having gout episodes.

Yes, I exercise NOW; have been lifting since November, with great results, though the initial entry was rough due to inactivity for quite some time prior to my diet. I wasn't exercising for the first 6 months, and I did not consume vegetables in any form the first 6 months. I only supplemented with with pill vitamins and minerals, and continue to obtain most of my fiber in the form of chia pudding, initially from ground flax muffins.

The China study is BS.
SO I ASSUME YOU'VE READ THE BOOK AND KNOW OF CAMPBELL'S WORK (WHICH COVERS NOT ONLY CHINA STUDY, BUT STUDY'S THROUGH OUT THE USA, EUROPE, THE PI AND MORE ? )

Yes, I have read both the actual study and the book, and it has been debunked numerous times by countless people as biased and not substantiated. A quick google and youtube search will provide the results.

THAT'S WHY HUMANS HAVE SUCH SHARP CLAWS AND TEETH AND ARE SO FAST AND STEALTHY  :oops:

Males also have nipples. Does that mean we can breastfeed?

Humans are genetically predisposed to utilize fat as a superior energy form; that's why we absorb only enough glucose to replenish glycogen levels in muscles and provide the brain nourishment, and convert excess nutrients, specifically excess glucose, into fat. In fact, the only two organs that NEED glucose are muscles and the brain, both of which don't need very much; generally no more than the glucose derived from 30-40g of carbohydrates for the average person. However, it is possible or the body to function efficiently without any carbohydrates intake whatsoever, as the body will convert protein into glucose via gluconeogenesis, in order to produce the amount of glucose needed primarily by the brain, and attempt to produce enough glucose to convert into glycogen for muscle utilization.

People also forget that the previous species we evolved from also did not have access to the same amount of foods that men has had for the past 10-50,000 years. They were primarily hunter/gatherers, needing to follow their prey. This type of nomadic behavior greatly influenced the genetic predesposition for humans to utilize fat, as it is, again, a more effective and efficient energy source.

If you have health problems like diabetes and are looking for the answer,  its not going to be found in examples like the China study or high vegetable diets,
AS MUCH AS I AM HATING THE CHANGE IN DIET, I AM ALREADY SHOWING HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS
and all the info is free on the internet. ALONG WITH SOME TYPE OF SALES PITCH

I didn't hate my change in lifestyle one bit, and I am one of only 4 successful diabetic reversal stories in my clinic's history, the others having to 'suffer' on their vegetable diets.

I eat approximately 2-4 pounds of butter a month, 2-4 shotglasses worth of ghee everyday
I eat approxiimately 15 pounds of 80/20 grassfed beef a month, a quarter pound of red meat everyday.
I eat 3-4 pounds of cheese a month, 5-10 slices everyday
I eat approximately 3 to 4 eggs everyday, all baked in purified/clarified butter (ghee)

All this, that supposedly will make me fat and give me health problems, and I have had tremendous health and weight loss success.

I reduced my monthly dietary expenditure to less than $200/mo, and that is only because I had to significantly increase my caloric intake for strength training. Prior to my caloric increase, i was spending approximately $150/mo, for at least 32 days of food.

There is no sales pitch. Everything I learned, I learned on my own via low carbohydrate / ketogenic friendly communities and via youtube. Like I said: everything is out there for free, if you know where to look and who to talk to. Most people in the low-carb/keto community enjoy helping one another, because most, if not all, have been in some type of situation with health problems, and were able to overcome it with this diet.

This diet has the potential to help so many people, specifically diabetics, but it is never given the chance because of 'studies' like the China Study and haters referencing outdated and biased information, which is why many people don't know about these types of diets and more people get sick and die, rather than overcome their problems easily and naturally.

PS: Not implying you are a hater referencing outdated and biased info, but rather most of the medical community. Can't make money if you fix people.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:11:06 PM by Q »

macsak

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »

most excellent reference, Q
 :geekdanc:

congrats on your weight loss and health, man

what's the green powder?

Q

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 03:11:43 PM »

congrats on your weight loss and health, man

what's the green powder?

Amazing grass. Sold locally or amazon.

Affordable and good enough for my needs, though there are better things out there.

MMM

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »
i too have been on the ketogenic diet for 9 months. my issue was cholesterol meds were slowly crippling me. i had been on them for about 2 years and it ate away at me little by little. i lost muscle tone, strength and stamina even though i work out regularly. also developed joint pain, pre-diabetes and elevated glucose. the final straw was when i went hiking and had weird pains going down my legs and became unstable. got off statins and went on ketogenic diet. my triglycerides dropped in half, my hdl went up, glucose and a1c are now normal, lost 34 lbs(i was at 200lbs @ 22% bodyfat. now i'm at 166 and13%). and no, i'm not a gym rat. i may work out for 1/2 an hour maybe 3 times a week. i got a bunch of my friends on the diet and they're doing great. seems if you have a lot of bodyfat to start, you'll drop alot quickly.  my friends starting triglyceride count was an incredible 750 when he started. 3 months later he was at 103. i'm sold on this diet.

probably the best thing about it is; i don't really get hungry and my energy level has never been better. food is good too. how can you go wrong eating bacon, meat, sausage, avocados , etc?

drck1000

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:05:31 PM »
A few friends are doing the keto thing.  Two of them are a couple, but I haven't seen them in a while.  He's ok fit and I wouldn't think he would need to diet, but he doesn't eat anything green, really.  His wife is on the heavier side and I know she was the one who was really into the keto thing.  Now I'm interested in what her results were like.  After a few kids, she's also pressed for time along with work and other stuff. 

Rocky

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:03 AM »
Quote from: Q on March 13, 2017, 02:54:33 PM

All Males have rectums, does that mean their all "Fudge Packers" ?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shake:

Really Mac ?  :wacko:
C'mon, you're a Dr.
"Mammals are any vertebrates within the class Mammalia (/məˈmeɪli.ə/ from Latin mamma "breast"), a clade of endothermic amniotes distinguished from reptiles (including birds) by the possession of a neocortex (a region of the brain), hair, three middle ear bones and mammary glands"

And yes, Congrats on the weight loss Q

Franklin D. Roosevelt

macsak

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 10:04:06 AM »

Really Mac ?  :wacko:
C'mon, you're a Dr.
"Mammals are any vertebrates within the class Mammalia (/məˈmeɪli.ə/ from Latin mamma "breast"), a clade of endothermic amniotes distinguished from reptiles (including birds) by the possession of a neocortex (a region of the brain), hair, three middle ear bones and mammary glands"

oh, crap, i had the quote wrong
Dina Byrnes: I had no idea you could milk a cat!
Greg Focker: Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.
Jack Byrnes: [He reacts] I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

got it confused with this

Rocky

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »
Gout is NOT an auto-immune deficiency brought on by inflammation.
Gout is caused by an excess volume of Purines the liver is unable to convert and discharge via urine. These purines turn into uric acid in the blood system, which then crystallize in the joint areas

"Sufferers of gout should also avoid most seafood, wild game meat, organ meat and supplemental yeast, alcohol, especially beer  :'( :'( :'( :'(, and make sure to increase their intake of liquids, especially water. It is important to drink a minimum of 8 cups of liquid a day.

The primary cause of inflammation (IN GOUT) is  NOT excess carbohydrates, which converts to excess glucose,
which triggers the symptoms of gout.
INFLAMATION IS A SYMPTOM OF GOUT !
"Yes, I have read both the actual study and the book, and it has been debunked numerous times by countless people as biased and not substantiated. A quick google and youtube search will provide the results."

AND A QUICK  GOOGLE  OF "IS KETOGENIC DIET BAD FOR YOU" WILL PROVIDE SIMILAR RESULTS.
(As will "masturbation reduces prostate cancer risk" and "The libs are not coming for your guns"
I did research the Ketogenic diet and will refer to in another post

Your current diet plus fish is what I was on (reduced to my size and weight ratio) when I acquired Gout.
Mind you, the gout did attack an injured area (knee) as it is known to do, and my recent "other "injury's''  such as a rear ended hit and run which resulted in concussion and whiplash did make me immobile for over a month which I'm sure compounded my susceptibility.

My Father  :love:  and cousins all suffer from gout, I'm just a late bloomer at short of 60.
I have also lost 10 lbs on this diet in 2 weeks.
I go in for blood work this week and already have a previous baseline so will keep you up to date.
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

The classic ketogenic diet is not a balanced diet and only contains tiny portions of fresh fruit and vegetables, fortified cereals and calcium-rich foods.
 In particular, the B vitamins, calcium and vitamin D must be artificially supplemented. This is achieved by taking two sugar-free supplements designed for the patient's age: a multivitamin with minerals and calcium with vitamin D.

Some of the biggest potential side effects are kidney stones, acidosis, and high cholesterol.
All of these can be managed (drinking lots of water with buffers such as lemon juice, baking soda and potassium for kidney stones and acidosis and avoiding animal fats, consuming lots of green leafy veggies and possibly a carnitene supplement for cholesterol)

Kidney stone formation (nephrolithiasis) is associated with the diet for four reasons:

Excess calcium in the urine (hypercalciuria) occurs due to increased bone demineralisation with acidosis. Bones are mainly composed of calcium phosphate. The phosphate reacts with the acid, and the calcium is excreted by the kidneys.

Hypocitraturia: the urine has an abnormally low concentration of citrate, which normally helps to dissolve free calcium.

The urine has a low pH, which stops uric acid from dissolving, leading to crystals that act as a nidus for calcium stone formation.

Somehow lost #4  :oops:

Many institutions traditionally restricted the water intake of patients on the diet to 80% of normal daily needs; [b] this practice is no longer encouraged.[/b]

Johns Hopkins Hospital now gives oral potassium citrate supplements to all ketogenic diet patients, resulting in a sevenfold decrease in the incidence of kidney stones.  However, this empiric usage has not been tested in a prospective controlled trial.
The ketogenic  diet for years to help ease the symptoms of children with epilepsy.In adolescent and adults, common side effects reported include weight loss, constipation, dyslipidemia and, in women, dysmenorrhea.

I see this diet has it's advantages in the short term but can find o evidence of long term benefits as it is relatively new.
Good luck and keep us updated on progress
 :shaka:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
Q, Back to your
"People also forget that the previous species we evolved from also did not have access to the same amount of foods that men has had for the past 10-50,000 years. They were primarily hunter/gatherers, needing to follow their prey. This type of nomadic behavior greatly influenced the genetic predesposition for humans to utilize fat, as it is, again, a more effective and efficient energy source. "

Man started out eating plants waaaaaaaaaaay before he could hunt as he was not equipped (claws, teeth, speed etc..) to hunt.
Even hunting tools came much later.
Mans first carnivore act was probably a bug he picked up with his fingers.  :rofl: :rofl:
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

MMM

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 10:35:35 AM »
my doc's been monitoring my test results for a few years. she was especially concerned about me going on a keto diet and even tested(twice) my carotid arteries for build up since starting my diet and have no issues. lol! she's kinda baffled at my test results from where i was, to where i am now.

if you were on a similar diet, it may not be a ketogenic diet. a lot of people say it's the same as a paleo or atkins but, can tell you it is far from it. i test my pee with ketostix daily to check my ketone levels. you wouldn't get the same results on an atkins or paleo. ketosis is way different.    :shaka: