2aHawaii
Tools and Uses => Hunting => Topic started by: rob mango on October 21, 2013, 09:37:48 PM
-
Just a heads up. The USMC has recently gotten approval to open Bow and Spear hunting for pigs, on Marine Corps Training Area Bellows (MCTAB) in Waimanalo. The particulars will be posted here when i get the chance.(complete .pdf with maps, regulations, etc.) There are stipulations and many restrictions. In a nut shell, there is a shit ton of pigs roaming a very small area and they will be easily harvested by someone with bow or spear/knife skills. Absolutely "NO DOGS". A bow skills test will be necessary (3 of 5 arrows in pie plate from 20 yds, etc) and hunters will need to check in and out with range control located on Marine Corps Base Hawaii (KBAY crater)
hyperlink for directional reference;
https://maps.google.com/maps?expflags=enable_star_based_justifications:true&ie=UTF8&cid=12737988553439071990&q=Bellows+Air+Force+Station&iwloc=A&gl=US&hl=en
-
This is a link to the completed Environmental Assessment (EA). It is not proprietary info and can be shared. This file contains info regarding hunting and parking areas, bag limits, hunting area info, etc. I will post the bases final regulations once it gets approved and made public.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pgwn4 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pgwn4)
-
DO NOT CLICK THE "DOWNLOAD BUTTON"
also do not click the one on the top middle
try going to this link instead
http://fs09n2.sendspace.com/dl/b5c252b1d74e3933a405ae0997d2be91/526633d878e60d0e/6pgwn4/MCTAB%20Pig%20Hunting%20EA-Final.zip (http://fs09n2.sendspace.com/dl/b5c252b1d74e3933a405ae0997d2be91/526633d878e60d0e/6pgwn4/MCTAB%20Pig%20Hunting%20EA-Final.zip)
or click the button that says
"click here to start the download from sendspace"
This is a link to the completed Environmental Assessment (EA). It is not proprietary info and can be shared. This file contains info regarding hunting and parking areas, bag limits, hunting area info, etc. I will post the bases final regulations once it gets approved and made public.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pgwn4 (http://www.sendspace.com/file/6pgwn4)
-
.
-
Thanks Rob !
Keep us posted. Might be time to dust off the bow.
-
Thanks Rob. Keep us posted.
-
hey LnL
howzit?
sounds like we both missed a good party last night
hope to see you at the next one
Thanks Rob. Keep us posted.
-
Just a heads up. The USMC has recently gotten approval to open Bow and Spear hunting for pigs, on Marine Corps Training Area Bellows (MCTAB) in Waimanalo. A bow skills test will be necessary (3 of 5 arrows in pie plate from 20 yds, etc)
Better practice hard. Rob Mango's pie plate is the size of a Oreo.
-
That must be pretty difficult with a spear!
-
hey LnL
howzit?
sounds like we both missed a good party last night
hope to see you at the next one
I know, they should have given us more noticed. You know I'm down for 2A. :geekdanc:
-
Update. The base order on this is supposedly going to be approved soon. I don't have an exact date however, I roam the MCTAB trails and I see very large hogs everyday. This should be a very good area to hunt. I just hope nothing or nobody messes it up. I will post more info when i get it. Thanks for your patience. Mango.
-
Mahalo for the update.