2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: dirtylickins on December 10, 2013, 06:08:15 PM

Title: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: dirtylickins on December 10, 2013, 06:08:15 PM
Mark walberg New movie about 4 navy seals on a covert mission. Not released yet but passes if anyone wants to see it tonight.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: macsak on December 10, 2013, 06:42:55 PM
Sick I'm missing out, fellas
I had to Represent! at the Mayor's meeting
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: Jl808 on December 10, 2013, 09:13:51 PM
I didn't know they made a movie of this book!  Nice!!!
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: dirtylickins on December 11, 2013, 12:07:07 AM
Very intense movie about a true story. I recommend it :thumbsup: its like black hawk down  but with navy seals.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: BananaClip on December 12, 2013, 01:01:24 AM
Looks really good!
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: one2boost on December 12, 2013, 06:29:58 AM
I wanted to see it ever since I seen the previews of it last summer.  I read the book this past summer after seeing the preview of it.  I sure hope this movie does the book justice;
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: dirtylickins on December 12, 2013, 08:26:18 AM
I wanted to see it ever since I seen the previews of it last summer.  I read the book this past summer after seeing the preview of it.  I sure hope this movie does the book justice;
due time constraints lots of chunks are missing from movie but the fight continuity is there. I would go see it again :thumbsup:
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: BananaClip on January 08, 2014, 09:41:33 PM
I teared up from the beginning of the fight when they fell off the first mountain......

Heavy movie man....got that Blackhawk Down frustration......

 Excellent movie!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: pj_benn on January 08, 2014, 10:11:10 PM
Didnt really like the movie
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: one2boost on January 09, 2014, 06:50:42 AM
I was lucky enough to see a private screening of the movie.  IMO it was intense.  Similar to Black Hawk Down and The Devil's Double, it drew me in wanting to get in it.

As compared to the movie, a few (IMO rather important) tid bits from the book were not in the film.  Also, good to see real Marcus Luttrell and a couple more former SEALS in the movie as well.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: K30l4 on January 09, 2014, 08:48:14 AM
The act of compassion from Muhammad was moving. He exercised the most important commandment from God. Love
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: JN 8:12 on January 09, 2014, 08:56:15 AM
I watch it already. This movie is bad ass!!!!
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: Inspector on January 09, 2014, 08:57:44 AM
Planning to go see it this Saturday.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: aieahound on January 09, 2014, 09:10:32 AM
Good movie !

In my 15 year old daughters words about the continuous firefight:
" How do these guys handle this. I think I would  just freak out and go into the fetal position. "

Hats off to our servicemen and women.  :worship:

I hope History Channel does a special/documentary with re-enactments on this like they did with Blackhawk down.
The History Channel special on Blackhawk Down was better than the actual movie in my opinion.
Even their special: Sniper: Through the Crosshairs was badass.
But I digress.
 :stopjack:
Title: .
Post by: Q on January 09, 2014, 09:14:44 AM
.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: K30l4 on January 09, 2014, 10:10:59 AM
One more thing to remember: Tom Cruise goes through this kind of stuff with ever movie he makes.  :rofl:

Haha! I did fail remember this. @aieahound, a history channel documentarybwould be solid indeed.
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: BananaClip on January 09, 2014, 11:02:04 AM
There's also a short documentary/making of the movie on HBO on demand....

"WILL OF THE WARRIOR"  in HD :geekdanc:

Shows how Mr. Luttrell wanted everything to be done correctly... or else

So even if the movie wasn't good I'd probably still like it :thumbsup:

I'm sure this movie was made to entertain, but number one was the telling of what

 happened was more important .....

If Mr. Luttrell says the movies good than I say its good ;)
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: dustoff003 on January 09, 2014, 01:56:57 PM
60 Minutes also did a segment on Mr. Luttrell covering the battle and the upcoming movie release, in their December 8th show. I don't watch it I listen to the podcast here is a link, http://www.cbsradionewsfeed.com/rss.php?id=90&ud=512
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: dirtylickins on January 09, 2014, 02:06:43 PM
Did anybody else notice Costa in the movie? Or was that my imagination. Ill watch it again on my DVD tonight
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: Rogue076 on January 09, 2014, 02:11:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF4bU6O7qWk# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF4bU6O7qWk#)

^ Thats the actual 60 Minutes interview part one of two, intense story, you can hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes that he is forever a changed man from this incident...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHTJyuXzhQ# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRHTJyuXzhQ#)

^ That's an interview with Glenn Beck, whom I strongly dislike, about how Marcus Lutrells' service dog, which was given to him to help with his PTSD I assume, was shot and killed after he returned home by some punks...even more sad than what he went through on the mountain...
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra on January 09, 2014, 11:56:20 PM
Marcus Luttrell and his wife Melanie talk about watching the film adaptation of "Lone Survivor."

Watching His "Lone Survivor" Story | Glenn Beck Program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4O2fk5fUs#ws)
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: macsak on January 10, 2014, 05:10:38 AM
Marcus Luttrell and his wife Melanie talk about watching the film adaptation of "Lone Survivor."

Watching His "Lone Survivor" Story | Glenn Beck Program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4O2fk5fUs#ws)

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/01/09/video-behind-the-scenes-of-lone-survivor-weapons-training/ (http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/01/09/video-behind-the-scenes-of-lone-survivor-weapons-training/)
Title: Re: LONE SURVIVOR MOVIE
Post by: tinha28 on January 10, 2014, 09:58:59 AM
I saw it last week. It was not bad.

Here is the link to watch just click on the BD (blueray disc quality). You will need QVOD player. This version of the movie is made for awards only.

*Go watch and support the film makers*