2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: justin1098 on October 31, 2015, 12:40:46 AM

Title: So, I'm thinking of getting into black powder
Post by: justin1098 on October 31, 2015, 12:40:46 AM
I'm thinking about getting one of these. You think it'd be legal in Hawaii?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SIvVKtuks
Title: Re: So, I'm thinking of getting into black powder
Post by: Colt808 on October 31, 2015, 01:32:21 AM
I'm thinking about getting one of these. You think it'd be legal in Hawaii?
I think they would classify it as a canon, so probably not.
Title: Re: So, I'm thinking of getting into black powder
Post by: Inspector on October 31, 2015, 07:12:47 AM
I'm thinking about getting one of these. You think it'd be legal in Hawaii?
LOL!!! I love this. I know it would be a big hit with my fellow black powder brethren. Thanks for sharing this.
Title: Re: So, I'm thinking of getting into black powder
Post by: oldfart on October 31, 2015, 09:22:34 AM
I think they would classify it as a canon, so probably not.
===========
wasn't there some fella who used to shoot a cannon at the range?
I believe the projectile was a cast lead cylinder made from a juice can or something like that.
It had a tail attached so it could be seen as it flew downrange.
Title: Re: So, I'm thinking of getting into black powder
Post by: Colt808 on October 31, 2015, 02:34:59 PM
LOL!!! I love this. I know it would be a big hit with my fellow black powder brethren. Thanks for sharing this.
I suspect there'd be a lot of revolver envy or feelings of inadequacy.  ;D

===========
wasn't there some fella who used to shoot a cannon at the range?
I believe the projectile was a cast lead cylinder made from a juice can or something like that.
It had a tail attached so it could be seen as it flew downrange.
Not sure about recently, but it's been awhile since I've seen one fired at the range. Last time (for me) might have been 25-30 years or so, because I distinctly remember white Pepsi cans that had pull tab tops filled with dirt or sand being used.