2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: Kingkeoni on October 12, 2011, 11:47:59 AM

Title: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 12, 2011, 11:47:59 AM
We've all seen the videos of the guys firing the 577 T-Rex.


Rifle Shooting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQJSZs-euZU#)

Skinny fools falling backwards with the recoil of this behemoth round.

I wonder, has anyone here fired a 577 T-Rex?

If not, what is the most powerful round, you've personally fired from a rifle or handgun?
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 2aHawaii on October 12, 2011, 12:45:29 PM
.577 T-Rex go BOOM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss#)

I've fired a 30.06 in a rifle and .40/.45 in a handgun, none of which are abnormally powerful. I would like to get a .338 Lapua Magnum and a .460 S&W one of these days.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Pizzo on October 12, 2011, 02:07:51 PM
YES.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............HOLY $HIT.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........LMFAO!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for that video, I havent laughed that hard in a long ass time.....my belly friggin hurts!!  :worship: :rofl: :thumbsup:
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: vooduchikn on October 12, 2011, 02:54:05 PM
YES.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............HOLY $HIT.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........LMFAO!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for that video, I havent laughed that hard in a long ass time.....my belly friggin hurts!!  :worship: :rofl: :thumbsup:

(http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2009/12/-700-nitro-express.jpg)
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: BananaClip on October 12, 2011, 07:50:55 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Those videos are CLASSICS!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: GZire on October 13, 2011, 02:15:38 PM
.300 Win Mag for rifle
.460 SW Mag for pistol
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Tom_G on October 13, 2011, 04:19:50 PM
12 ga BB load.  In a single shot.  Could not take a 2nd aimed shot.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Tom_G on October 13, 2011, 04:22:32 PM
(http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2009/12/-700-nitro-express.jpg)

Can I be man enough to point out the spelling errors?
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: GZire on October 13, 2011, 04:58:57 PM
Oh and 3" slug from my friend's 870 shotgun.  That was by far the worst thing I've shot.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: raudi on October 13, 2011, 05:56:27 PM
500 S&W. Felt like catching a baseball without a glove.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: vooduchikn on October 13, 2011, 06:39:06 PM
(http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2009/12/-700-nitro-express.jpg)

Can I be man enough to point out the spelling errors?

I knew you would catch them Tom!

Disclaimer. I did not make this motivation poster...
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Cougar8045 on October 13, 2011, 07:49:02 PM
Shot a .340 Weatherby Magnum that a family friend left to my dad when he died.  Apparently he had ambitions of big-game hunting safaris in Africa; got the rifle, but never went on the safari.  Anyway, it was light as hell, maybe five or six pounds max, no muzzle brake, pretty much as if you designed a painful rifle.  Me and Dad each shot a five shot group from the standing position, and neither of us was ambitious enough to put it on the bags and shoot it off the bench to see how it shot.   ;D 

Biggest pistol was .44 Mag.  Not a really big deal, but I do like the way those large caliber pistols feel when you shoot them.

EDIT: Muzzles have BRAKES, not breaks.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 42itus on October 13, 2011, 08:28:21 PM
500 S&W Magnum.  Scared the sh!t out of me the first time.  Didn't do much better the 2nd time.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Old Guy on October 14, 2011, 02:26:48 AM
Rifle:  2 rounds from a Safari Grade Belgian Browning Mauser in 458 Winchester Magnum.  500 grain solids.

Had Winchester M-70 Safari Grade in 458 Win Mag, turned it around fast and made some money.  One of those that I should

have kept.  Worth big $$$ now..  Was a Mint unfired Pre-64 M-70.

My present big gun is a custom 375 H & H magnum.  Probably one of the Best pleasent magnum rounds to shoot.

Love to shoot 300 gr Hard Cast lead bullets a lot with out pain.

Handgun:  S & W 329 PD Scandium 44 mag.  Bad from both Ends.....

Witnessed a Woman shooting an Experimental 50 BMG single shot handgun

She handled it very well.

FYI, there is a company that makes 50 cal Bangsticks for anti-shark work. 
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: astroboy on October 14, 2011, 03:52:40 AM
I have fired a lot of big bore handgun calibers including: 375JDJ, 50A&E, 500 S&W, a bunch of rifle caliber contenders, encores, bolt action pistols, etc. but the most painful hand gun I ever fired was a full house 45/70 load in a 2 shot derringer. My hand hurt for a week. When the owner of the custom made pistol fired it, the pistol flew out of his hands and hit the back wall of the silhouette range. The grip panel broke off. I never saw him fire that derringer again.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 2aHawaii on October 14, 2011, 06:44:49 AM
You really have to wonder what some people are thinking when they get/make a custom gun like that.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: vooduchikn on October 14, 2011, 08:42:50 AM
You really have to wonder what some people are thinking when they get/make a custom gun like that.

They are thinking about shooting a Rhino or some other dangerous game (Lion) in Africa and not having it come charging them afterward....
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 2aHawaii on October 14, 2011, 09:25:39 AM
You really have to wonder what some people are thinking when they get/make a custom gun like that.

They are thinking about shooting a Rhino or some other dangerous game (Lion) in Africa and not having it come charging them afterward....

Haha, I meant the derringer

Maybe I should use quotes more often :P
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: GZire on October 14, 2011, 11:21:58 AM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 42itus on October 14, 2011, 08:51:59 PM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.

For me, I don't know if it was the recoil as much as the huge flash and noise.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Tom_G on October 15, 2011, 10:07:32 AM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.

I believe it.  Because I've been sitting 25 feet away from someone shooting a .550 S&W, and was getting blasted on the side of my face by the exhaust from his muzzle brake. 
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: GZire on October 17, 2011, 08:47:13 AM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.

I believe it.  Because I've been sitting 25 feet away from someone shooting a .550 S&W, and was getting blasted on the side of my face by the exhaust from his muzzle brake.

We are talking different things.  What you are catching is muzzle blast.  What I'm talking about is actual/perceived recoil of the shooter between 500 SW Mag and 44 Mag.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: 2aHawaii on October 17, 2011, 09:49:18 AM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.

I believe it.  Because I've been sitting 25 feet away from someone shooting a .550 S&W, and was getting blasted on the side of my face by the exhaust from his muzzle brake.

We are talking different things.  What you are catching is muzzle blast.  What I'm talking about is actual/perceived recoil of the shooter between 500 SW Mag and 44 Mag.

I think you guys are talking about the same thing. I took it to mean that there was so much muzzle blast from the brake that it must be pretty soft on the shooter.
Title: Re: 577 T-Rex
Post by: Tom_G on October 17, 2011, 09:55:35 AM
FWIW guys supposedly the design of the 500 S&W is such that the recoil (or at least perceived recoil) is still supposed to be worse with a 44 Mag.

I believe it.  Because I've been sitting 25 feet away from someone shooting a .550 S&W, and was getting blasted on the side of my face by the exhaust from his muzzle brake.

We are talking different things.  What you are catching is muzzle blast.  What I'm talking about is actual/perceived recoil of the shooter between 500 SW Mag and 44 Mag.

No, we're not.  Muzzle brakes lessen perceived recoil.  S&W puts muzzle brakes on all of their .500 series, at least all of them I've seen or that show up on their website.  44 Mag, on the other hand, is readily available without a muzzle brake. 

Now, you take a .500 S&W, chop off the muzzle brake, then fire it.  I'm willing to bet that the perceived recoil moves into a new class.