2aHawaii
General Topics => Off Topic => Topic started by: suka on January 22, 2016, 10:54:30 AM
-
If they would only do this on the KoKohead trail,
Lt. Matthew Gregory told the Union-Tribune that trespassing has become a serious issue and that efforts have been stepped up to warn bikers and hikers about off-limits zones.
Because of frequent weapons activities, trespassers face “potentially life-threatening danger,” Gregory said.
Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/bike/u-s-marines-crack-down-on-trespassers-confiscate-45-mountain-bikes/#hwBuw5EYoA1IdmAH.99
-
Why would you think that the Marines would have anything to do with Kokohead? ???
The U.S. Marines this past weekend set up roadblocks on a popular San Diego County trail to deliver a message to mountain bikers that trespassing will not be tolerated on military property.
-
We used to surf Zombies off Kaneohe Marine Base as youths.
Had to climb around a fence and run like hell down the coast and into the water.
Getting out, had to run like hell back again. Sometimes with the Rat Patrol jeeps flying the dunes after you.
I never experienced it, but heard legend tell if the Rat Patrol guys caught you, there went your board.
(Note: Rat Patrol is not a derogatory remark, it's a cool old tv show)
-
The Rat Patrol was one my favs growing up. :thumbsup:
-
Why would you think that the Marines would have anything to do with Kokohead? ???
If the city would fine people going up Kokohead.
-
If the city would fine people going up Kokohead.
(http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/big-machine-gun.gif)
-
If the city would fine people going up Kokohead.
I have to admit that I've done the Koko Head stairs many times. Not since I started getting into shooting and shooting often at the Koko Head range though. That said, there are even tons of Army guys that get in lots of trouble when they go hiking, offroading, etc at Schofield. I heard they've wandered into hot ranges. . . :wtf:
We used to surf Zombies off Kaneohe Marine Base as youths.
Had to climb around a fence and run like hell down the coast and into the water.
Getting out, had to run like hell back again. Sometimes with the Rat Patrol jeeps flying the dunes after you.
I never experienced it, but heard legend tell if the Rat Patrol guys caught you, there went your board.
(Note: Rat Patrol is not a derogatory remark, it's a cool old tv show)
I've sent more than a few golf balls onto that area of the beach. :-[
-
We used to surf Zombies off Kaneohe Marine Base as youths.
Had to climb around a fence and run like hell down the coast and into the water.
Getting out, had to run like hell back again. Sometimes with the Rat Patrol jeeps flying the dunes after you.
I never experienced it, but heard legend tell if the Rat Patrol guys caught you, there went your board.
(Note: Rat Patrol is not a derogatory remark, it's a cool old tv show)
DUDE !
I remember Zombies !
I think they took it more as an training exercise.
:shaka:
-
I'd be happy with "at your own risk and peril" .. hold not the shooting range liable for people playing around the backside of a hot firing range.
Let people compete for the Darwin awards if they so desire.. just let them know it's of their own choosing....
Educate and inform. Getting tired of having to bend backwards for those who want to cheat death, then end up having to pay when they, of their own bad decisions, get into trouble.
-
We used to surf Zombies off Kaneohe Marine Base as youths.
Had to climb around a fence and run like hell down the coast and into the water.
Getting out, had to run like hell back again. Sometimes with the Rat Patrol jeeps flying the dunes after you.
I never experienced it, but heard legend tell if the Rat Patrol guys caught you, there went your board.
(Note: Rat Patrol is not a derogatory remark, it's a cool old tv show)
The Rat Patrol was one my favs growing up. :thumbsup:
The Rat Patrol rocked! So did Combat, I loved those old WW II shows.
-
The Rat Patrol rocked! So did Combat, I loved those old WW II shows.
The complete series is available on YouTube, BTW. ;D
-
I think there should be a mandatory hiking safety class, at least 6 to 8 hours, as well as a yearly hiking registration permitting process.
-
I think there should be a mandatory hiking safety class, at least 6 to 8 hours, as well as a yearly hiking registration permitting process.
Don't forget the background checks, including a medical review. Don't want people with physical health issues having a medical emergency and dying, or mentally ill running across a live fire range or jumping off the summit!!!