2aHawaii

Tools and Uses => Firearms and Accessories => Topic started by: Kingkeoni on October 30, 2011, 08:32:57 PM

Title: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 30, 2011, 08:32:57 PM
I decided to take the PSS to the range today.

I got a new scope that I wanted to try out.

After a few more rounds than I wanted to shoot to get on target, I shot some great groups.

Check out the rifle and some decent sub moa groups.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Cougar8045 on October 30, 2011, 10:53:14 PM
Nice rifle and nice shooting.  What scope is that?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 30, 2011, 11:14:41 PM
Nice rifle and nice shooting.  What scope is that?

Burris eliminator.

It's such a nice scope.

Once I got sighted in at 100 yards, I took shots at 233 yards, metal square on the swing. 268 yards to the deer, and hit every single time because the scope ranges for you and calculates holdover for a precise hit.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Cougar8045 on October 30, 2011, 11:20:55 PM
Nice rifle and nice shooting.  What scope is that?

Burris eliminator.

It's such a nice scope.

Once I got sighted in at 100 yards, I took shots at 233 yards, metal square on the swing. 268 yards to the deer, and hit every single time because the scope ranges for you and calculates holdover for a precise hit.
Nice!  Do you load the ballistics data for your load into it, or is it calibrated for a generic .308 match load?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 30, 2011, 11:23:51 PM
Nice rifle and nice shooting.  What scope is that?

Burris eliminator.

It's such a nice scope.

Once I got sighted in at 100 yards, I took shots at 233 yards, metal square on the swing. 268 yards to the deer, and hit every single time because the scope ranges for you and calculates holdover for a precise hit.
Nice!  Do you load the ballistics data for your load into it, or is it calibrated for a generic .308 match load?

It has about 1000 different sets of ballistics data pre programmed for popular loads and if your favorite load isn't there then you can manually load the data.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Cougar8045 on October 31, 2011, 04:23:55 AM
That thing is sweet.  I did a little google-fu, and that's a pretty amazing scope!
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: 2aHawaii on October 31, 2011, 06:47:41 AM
Very nice setup you got there. I like the scope too. It doesn't look as bulky mounted to a rifle as I thought it would.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 31, 2011, 08:00:40 AM
Very nice setup you got there. I like the scope too. It doesn't look as bulky mounted to a rifle as I thought it would.

Funny, that's the first thing I thought when I first started looking at this scope.

It actually sits lower than most other scopes and looks just fine.

If you look closely at the pic, I have installed the included sun shield tube to the front of the scope. I could take it off and shorten the OAL by about 3 inches.

Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: GZire on October 31, 2011, 08:25:54 AM
King, what kind of ammo are you shooting? What weight & construction of bullets?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 31, 2011, 08:50:54 AM
King, what kind of ammo are you shooting? What weight & construction of bullets?

I shot different types of ammo.

These groups were with Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain. Those are what my rifle seems to like most.

The bullet design is a Sierra match king, boat tail hollow point.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: crazyazzmofo on October 31, 2011, 03:50:41 PM
nice firearm!  :worship:
i was looking into buying one...where did you pick it up at?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 31, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
nice firearm!  :worship:
i was looking into buying one...where did you pick it up at?

I bought it from security equipment.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: crazyazzmofo on October 31, 2011, 06:30:11 PM
nice...how much did it run you for?
would you reccommend?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Cougar8045 on October 31, 2011, 08:33:15 PM
Chris was looking for firearms reviews for hawaiiccw.com, KK.  This rifle looks like a good one to do a review of, since it looks like a lot of people are interested.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 31, 2011, 08:39:29 PM
nice...how much did it run you for?
would you reccommend?

I paid $859 for it when I bought it.

I would absolutely recommend it.

It feels and shoots solid.

The action is smooth and sure, the bolt is incredibly strong and the trigger is crisp.

Great rifle.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on October 31, 2011, 08:40:14 PM
Chris was looking for firearms reviews for hawaiiccw.com, KK.  This rifle looks like a good one to do a review of, since it looks like a lot of people are interested.

I'd love to do reviews of any of my firearms or equipment.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: bass monkey on October 31, 2011, 08:50:29 PM
What is the difference between the PSS and the SPS?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: GZire on November 01, 2011, 09:51:53 AM
King, what kind of ammo are you shooting? What weight & construction of bullets?

I shot different types of ammo.

These groups were with Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grain. Those are what my rifle seems to like most.

The bullet design is a Sierra match king, boat tail hollow point.

OK.  You shoot some expensive ammo man.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Echo5Alpha on November 01, 2011, 01:45:25 PM
Oh another 700PSS owner.  I'd post pics of mine up but I don't want to highjack King's thread. 
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on November 01, 2011, 02:54:15 PM
Oh another 700PSS owner.  I'd post pics of mine up but I don't want to highjack King's thread.

Post pics, us PSS owners need to stick together.  Haha
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Echo5Alpha on November 01, 2011, 10:15:37 PM
Oh another 700PSS owner.  I'd post pics of mine up but I don't want to highjack King's thread.

Post pics, us PSS owners need to stick together.  Haha

I'll post up later when I can figure out why my iPhone pics are showing up on the wrong side. (horizontal and not vertical).



Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: 2aHawaii on November 02, 2011, 03:20:52 AM
See attachment :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Funtimes on November 02, 2011, 12:12:55 PM
Chris was looking for firearms reviews for hawaiiccw.com, KK.  This rifle looks like a good one to do a review of, since it looks like a lot of people are interested.

I'd love to do reviews of any of my firearms or equipment.

Can you do a comprehensive review of the gun, we will post it on Hawaii CCW.  Would love to have ya contribute some content =D.  :shaka:

Looking for feel, shooting, weight, design, ammo used, pictures of tight groups, dead prairie dogs =P etc.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Echo5Alpha on November 02, 2011, 07:52:19 PM
See attachment :)

Haha funny but I figured out what I needed to do. 



[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on November 02, 2011, 08:00:27 PM
See attachment :)

Haha funny but I figured out what I needed to do.

Hey you thread hijacker.
 :o
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Echo5Alpha on November 02, 2011, 08:05:18 PM
See attachment :)

Haha funny but I figured out what I needed to do.

Hey you thread hijacker.
 :o

Hah!  But this Rifle shot sub-MOA out of the box with bulk ammo how could I not share it's pure awesomeness?
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: 808shooter on November 02, 2011, 08:14:02 PM
nice!
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Cougar8045 on November 02, 2011, 08:14:20 PM
Those are awesome rifles, gents.  I need to get my rifle out here!  :(
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Kingkeoni on November 02, 2011, 08:46:15 PM
Those are awesome rifles, gents.  I need to get my rifle out here!  :(

Cougar, two's company, three's a whole lot of fun. Haha  :geekdanc:
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: 2aHawaii on November 03, 2011, 03:14:26 AM
Nightforce and threaded barrel? Nice.
Title: Re: Remington PSS .308
Post by: Echo5Alpha on November 03, 2011, 11:05:49 PM
Those are awesome rifles, gents.  I need to get my rifle out here!  :(

Thanks.

Cougar, two's company, three's a whole lot of fun. Haha  :geekdanc:

I can only hope King has opened his thread up for other 700PSS owners.

Nightforce and threaded barrel? Nice.

Yes sir, I actually had 6" cut then threaded.  It still continues to shoot sub-MOA.  I'm debating though if just installing the Badger Ordnance Detachable Magazine is a better route  than just going with the AICS stock set-up.