2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: zippz on June 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM

Title: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
Post by: zippz on June 09, 2016, 06:31:02 PM
I put together a meetup.com group called Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns. Anyone can join this group, including those that don't own firearms with an emphasis on women and youths.  The purpose of this group is to have shooters from the general public get involved with firearm activities whether it's learning about guns, trying find classes, joining clubs, competitions, hunting, etc.  It's also to help people that want to get involved, but are intimidated or don't know where to start which is especially important for those taking the handgun class or purchasing their first firearm.  Usually they go to the range once or twice then lock their guns away forever.  We want to keep them involved.

I recommend changing your username to just your first name on the site.

http://www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG (http://www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG)

Upcoming events:
June 16 - Range 15 Movie in Kapolei (combined with 2ahawaii)
June 18 - HRA Shooting Sports Fair
June 26 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
July 23 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
TBD - Long Gun Course for Newbies
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: zippz on June 09, 2016, 06:57:30 PM
Goals of the site is to get more people involved, and give them a path to follow.  Also to get more women and youth involved.  This can help clubs increase membership and give more business to businesses.
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: oldfart on June 09, 2016, 08:06:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: zippz on June 10, 2016, 03:02:28 PM
Got a few members on board already and the site is going live to the public tomorrow.

I do need a couple of experts in hunting and precision rifle that can help answer questions, mentor shooters, and lead some events in the future.  I lack in experience in those fields.

First set of events are:
Range 15 movie
Shooting Sports Fair
Silhouette range shoot
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Teichi on June 10, 2016, 04:55:33 PM
I nominate Robble1 as the rat hunting expert.
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=16013.0
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Heavies on June 10, 2016, 07:38:07 PM
Joined.

Although I am no expert, I could coach F-class.  Not on the match day though.  I want to boost my standing on the next match.  Haven't had many matches and "sharp shooter" ain't cutting it.   Lol
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: macsak on June 10, 2016, 07:57:59 PM
Joined.

Although I am no expert, I could coach F-class.  Not on the match day though.  I want to boost my standing on the next match.  Haven't had many matches and "sharp shooter" ain't cutting it.   Lol

ok, i signed up
you guys can guess what my screen name is

zippz, you forgot to add ear pro to the silly side shoot
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: zippz on June 12, 2016, 12:11:17 PM
Thanks mak.  Group is now live to the public on www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: MuffinMan on June 12, 2016, 09:12:47 PM
ok, i signed up
you guys can guess what my screen name is


Gungho ?
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Inspector on June 13, 2016, 06:38:24 AM
Don't I get a prize for signing up? Or is that another website I hang out on?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: zippz on June 14, 2016, 12:33:17 PM
Don't I get a prize for signing up? Or is that another website I hang out on?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"

Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: zippz on June 14, 2016, 12:42:24 PM
I posted events up.  Simple stuff so far to get new people in.

June 16 - Range 15 Movie in Kapolei (combined with 2ahawaii)
June 18 - HRA Shooting Sports Fair
June 26 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
July 23 - KHSC Silhouette Shoot
TBD - Long Gun Course for Newbies

Coming up I'll try workout arrangements for a Skeet/Trap day, MPPL 101 course (& maybe a handgun course to prep for that), Puuloa rifle day.  Also maybe see if I can workout a deal for a X-Ring range day.
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Inspector on June 14, 2016, 12:45:26 PM
It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"
Yeah! I'm an Event Organizer! Yeah!

I'm like Obama! Yeah! Wait......

What can I do?
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Rocky on June 14, 2016, 04:05:49 PM
It's an event website, where events are posted and people hangoug as a group to meet new people.  Not really for hanging out on the website.  I guess you could but it would be lonely.  For this group, it's mainly about getting more participation from non-shooters(especially women and youths) and those that got a gun but don't shoot, mentorship, and get others to try a variety of shooting events.  Most of the events will be in participating in activities put on by other clubs.

I have prizes to give out.  Congratulations you won!  You get to have the title of "event organizer!"

 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: Meetup.com HIGGG
Post by: Inspector on June 14, 2016, 06:06:35 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I had an old boss that always told me I am not allowed to have an opinion unless he asks for one or I am volunteering to lead the group. I don't mind being an event organizer. I may not be very good at it since I have never done it before.  :shake: :shake: :shake:

My wife is my social secretary.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
Post by: GlockNewb on June 14, 2016, 06:56:40 PM
Joined!
Title: Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
Post by: zippz on June 27, 2016, 12:37:34 AM
Had a good day at the KHSC Silhouette range yesterday.  We got some good practice in shooting rimfire rifles and pistols, along with macsaks H&Ks.  For some it was their first time firing a rifle and second time firing pistols.  Everyone went home happy.  At the end we shot the Inspectors rimfire challenge (was real windy I swear).  Thanks to macsak and teichi for helping out.


(http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/Todd_Yukutake/highres_451527041_zps9ldz9uei.jpeg)(http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/Todd_Yukutake/highres_451527099_zpsblo2mkz6.jpeg)(http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/Todd_Yukutake/IMG_20160626_132333_zpsaib1cxue.jpg)(http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/Todd_Yukutake/0b99456f-56b0-4650-8125-61db2dcd7c39_zpssdzqu2jg.jpg)
Next month I'll have a pistol prep class on holsters and reloads skills prior to the HDF pistol day for those that haven't done this before.  Also an intro to long guns for beginners who are thinking about buying a long gun or those that never got any training on them.
Title: Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
Post by: powder monkey on June 27, 2016, 01:13:21 AM
 :shaka:
Title: Re: Meetup.com: Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns
Post by: zippz on June 27, 2016, 01:20:22 AM
Doh, thought I brought it down.  Thanks.