2aHawaii

General Topics => Off Topic => Topic started by: zippz on August 06, 2017, 04:07:03 PM

Title: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: zippz on August 06, 2017, 04:07:03 PM
Anyone watching Game of Thrones?  Episode 4 starts off slow, gets better in the middle and finishes strong.

***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***
***Spoilers***

I liked the fight between Arya and Brianne, everyone expects Arya to be a typical princess but turn out to be a butt kicking assassin.  Then we get the heavyweight bought we've all been waiting for with Dracarys.  Should've just shot fire straight down the line though.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: rklapp on August 06, 2017, 10:39:32 PM
I haven't watched it yet but in the books, Brianne doesn't last long.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: drck1000 on August 07, 2017, 01:19:15 PM
The battle/raid scene on the Lannister convoy had my heart rate up!  I thought at one point Dany was done for, then Bronn was gonna die, then Jaime was gonna be toast. . .  I like Bronn and want his character to go on, but he was one the wrong side on this one. 

Arya is turning out to be quite a badass.  I haven't gotten very far in the books, but others that have read the books had mentioned something about the transformation of Arya.  Now that the series is beyond what has been published, they are supposed to be going off the guidance of the writer, but. . .

All I know is that I want Littlefinger to die a slow, painful, death.  I'm hoping by the dagger that Littlefinger gave to Bran, then made it into Arya's hands. 
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: rklapp on August 08, 2017, 12:18:14 AM
My guess is that Sansa wished she could kick ass like her little sister can so she coulda avoided all of the shit that happened to her.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: drck1000 on August 08, 2017, 07:12:12 AM
Watched the producer's insights part last night.  Some interesting insight as well as some "look aheads".  But the season is already half done. 
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: rklapp on August 08, 2017, 09:31:48 AM
I like this series. https://youtu.be/x6kqVusK26c
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: zippz on August 08, 2017, 11:09:25 AM
My guess is that Sansa wished she could kick ass like her little sister can so she coulda avoided all of the shit that happened to her.

When Arya was about to fight, I was hoping it would be like LOTR elvish action.
Title: Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
Post by: rklapp on August 08, 2017, 11:24:22 AM
The writers took their creative license with Arya. Felt like the Luke Skywalker schtick where one minute he's not a Jedi, fights his father, and magically now a Jedi. The dagger trick was cool.