2aHawaii
General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: michaelkih on November 30, 2017, 11:30:37 PM
-
Some of you said you enjoyed the pictures of my transferable machine guns, so here is a picture of two more of my guns that I took around 2014 when I got them.
Rock Island Armory M60 that was registered in 1983. I bought it from a friend of mine down the street, then mailed it off to Desert Ordnance, where they stripped it down, rebuilt it, and converted it into their new E6. Mailed strait back to my doorstep within a week. Excellent shooter. Very nice rate of fire, and very little recoil. Very good balance.
The other gun is an HK23E with a registered Qualified brand sear in it. I bought the sear from my same friend down the street. Excellent shooter from the bipod. Very front heavy. Still can be shot from the shoulder, but it shines from the bipod. Very high ROF at around 900rpms. Big head turner at the ranges when everyone says "What is that?!" Coolest part is that I can change it to shoot from 5.56 to 7.62 in 1 minute with no tools.
Both guns are great, but out of the two guns, I would pick the M60E6 every single time.
For the question that I know will come, yes I live in Kauai, but unfortunately my machine gun collection with always remain out of state. If you guys enjoy the pictures of my machine guns, then I will continue to post more every now and then.
(https://preview.ibb.co/d59GHw/IMG_5606.jpg)
-
I assume the HK is not a tri-burst and just the plastic housing?
or did you somehow got the roller to fit on the Qualified friction sear?
-
I assume the HK is not a tri-burst and just the plastic housing?
or did you somehow got the roller to fit on the Qualified friction sear?
It has the 3 shot burst option. It's an easy modification to a trigger pack.
-
How did you get the counting wheel to operate off the friction sear? As the counting wheel and claw requires a larger mounting hole on the trigger pack.
I believe only LaFrance made a few HK burst packs. Roller sears did not exist back in the 80's.
-
Ive worked on a few post sample burst packs and they are a bitch to disassemble and reassemble.
-
How did you get the counting wheel to operate off the friction sear? As the counting wheel and claw requires a larger mounting hole on the trigger pack.
I believe only LaFrance made a few HK burst packs. Roller sears did not exist back in the 80's.
It's a common modification that any reputable HK smith can do. It's a relocated sear hole and a slightly different hammer, and that's it. Works 100% and is all factory parts except that. I paid Michael's Machines in IL to do it for me.
-
Its much more complicated than just a new retimed hammer which is required for the Qualified sears. I studied it for weeks and could not come up with a solution to modify the trigger pack housing.
I know there is a block holding the compression rod spring in place.
Send me a pics of the internal when you get a chance , im very curious...... :shaka:
-
:love:
-
Dang, I need to find a friend like yours that lives down the street from me :rofl:, lovely pieces.
-
nice. been watching your youtube channel for awhile :shaka:
p.s. tune down the hdr on your pics :thumbsup:
-
Its much more complicated than just a new retimed hammer which is required for the Qualified sears. I studied it for weeks and could not come up with a solution to modify the trigger pack housing.
I know there is a block holding the compression rod spring in place.
Send me a pics of the internal when you get a chance , im very curious...... :shaka:
Really that's all it is. It's a common thing for HK smiths to do for the Fleming and qualified sears. I have three of these sears all in burst packs that I had modified from differ smiths the same way. The only hammer I'd recommend is the MM hammer though. It's machined as a new hammer instead of cut and welded. I can get you pictures, but it's gonna be a year before I'm back in the mainland to visit my toys. Your questions will probably be better answered on HKpro.
-
nice. been watching your youtube channel for awhile :shaka:
p.s. tune down the hdr on your pics :thumbsup:
Hope you are enjoying the videos. I'll make more as I periodically visit the mainland.