2aHawaii

Tools and Uses => Firearms and Accessories => Topic started by: changemyoil66 on June 05, 2018, 06:18:05 PM

Title: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: changemyoil66 on June 05, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
Seems like all CZ does is put a dent so rounds cant pass.

HK, cut hole, put plastic stopper, and pay employee to do.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/f664ec45f85c7dd74f34cd38535eddc4.jpg)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: macsak on June 05, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
Seems like all CZ does is put a dent so rounds cant pass.

HK, cut hole, put plastic stopper, and pay employee to do.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/f664ec45f85c7dd74f34cd38535eddc4.jpg)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

actually, the HK 15 round mags are toatlly different from the 10 rounders
mag bodies, baseplates, and springs (follower is the same)
well, that's what i've heard...

Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: ren on June 05, 2018, 08:07:22 PM
Everything costs more in Hawaii Kai
Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: drck1000 on June 06, 2018, 07:41:14 AM
I'll have to check my mags when I get home, but I believe what mac said about HK mags is true.  At least for the mags for my HK USP Compact.  I think the mag bodies are different.  I haven't looked at the spring that closely.  Though I think the baseplates are the same for the HK USP series.

For CZ mags, I believe they are formed from a simple tube, which is cut and pressed, so it's pretty quick and simple process.  At least that's what Greg Cote told me when I reported some differences between factory CZ mags and Mecgar CZ mags.  Something about Mecgar mags are supposedly made from the same tube that is supplied to CZ. 

But yeah, HK mags aren't cheap.  I think the ones for my USP Compact are like $50-60 if you don't find them on sale. 
Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: changemyoil66 on June 06, 2018, 09:27:29 AM
InB4 get a glock, mags are cheap.
Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: WTF?Shane on June 06, 2018, 10:38:16 PM
HK, cut hole, put plastic stopper, and pay employee to do

...And executives and other big wigs get their share.  8)
Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: drck1000 on June 07, 2018, 07:57:22 AM
Checked my various mags for my CZ 75 last night and all of the 10 rounders (factory CZ and Mecgar) all appeared to have dimples or channels pressed into the sides of the mags.  The standard capacity ones (17 and 18 rounds) that were blocked don't have the dimples or channels. 
Title: Re: Why HK mags cost more than CZ
Post by: michaelkih on July 08, 2018, 01:56:31 PM
Everything HK is expensive.