2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: TastesLikeMetal on August 16, 2019, 08:42:18 PM

Title: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: TastesLikeMetal on August 16, 2019, 08:42:18 PM
Called Senetics about an AMSEC Safe but was wondering if you guys had any suggestions/leads on Safes I could check out this weekend as I'm up in the air when it comes to the size I need.

Thanks
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: jc2721 on August 16, 2019, 09:42:56 PM
Security Equipment has some in stock.
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: sa594 on August 16, 2019, 11:29:44 PM
Sams Club in town had 1 when I went a couple weeks ago
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on August 17, 2019, 09:08:39 AM
Costco in Waipio seems to have at least one rifle-size safe on the showroom floor every month or two.  The model is different it seems every time.  Probably ordered a few when they went on sale. 

Could be returns, too.  You can order online and return to the local store if not satisfied with the quality.  I was recently looking at returning something I had that went on sale 3 months later.  Apparently, there is no time limit for returns at Costco with the exceptions stated in their policy -- mainly electronics that have a 90 day return.

I've read where people bought some things they used for years until they wore out, then got a full refund.  Some of the most bizarre returns:

-- A 15-year-old pressure washer

-- A dead Christmas Tree

-- An empty wine bottle

-- Plants the buyers couldn't keep alive

-- A 13-year-old fish (the owner had forgotten it in her freezer)

-- A safe -- reeking of marijuana

-- The bones and fat that remained from a $200 package of ribeye steaks

https://clark.com/shopping-retail/weirdest-returns-costco-employees-have-ever-seen/
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: TastesLikeMetal on August 17, 2019, 09:16:00 AM
Thanks, also many of those aren't returns it's theft ;D
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on August 17, 2019, 09:24:44 AM
Thanks, also many of those aren't returns it's theft ;D

When you have a "Satisfaction guaranteed and no time limit" return policy, you can expect some abuse. 

I was just pointing out that you can't go wrong buying a safe there.  If you outgrow it -- whenever -- or find a great deal on a better brand, just take it back for a full refund.  No buyer's remorse.   :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Need a Rifle Safe.
Post by: TastesLikeMetal on August 17, 2019, 11:43:52 AM
I actually returned a Sentry safe that failed I think a year after I bought it.