2aHawaii
General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: ren on September 22, 2019, 07:12:45 PM
-
Very sad story.
https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/family-of-mililani-stabbing-victims-speak-out-about-domestic-violence/ (https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/family-of-mililani-stabbing-victims-speak-out-about-domestic-violence/)
If mom or daughter were armed with a gun maybe he would've been stopped.
-
The family of Patience Sallas said Patience, along with her daughter Alysia and Alysia’s boyfriend,
were sleeping at their Mililani home when Patience’s estranged boyfriend,
and father of her children, showed up around 4 a.m.
“[Patience] wanted to end the relationship but he continued to harass her and then he broke into
the home that day, broke into the home and that’s how she got beaten up, stabbed,” she said.
“We just don’t want this to happen to anyone else,” said Pamela Sallas. “Please, if you’re in a domestic
relationship get out now, don’t stay. This is what happened to my daughter and my granddaughter,
please I just want everyone to be aware.”
She explained that she and her sister, Alysia, told their mom that there were ways to prevent the situation.
“However, there is fear that my mom was dealing with,” Rivera said. “Once you see a sign get out, get out
immediately,” she warns.
Domestic violence experts say it’s important to be vigilant of red flags in relationships.
“This particular perpetrator has a substance abuse problem, but not all perpetrators do and we can’t
dismiss the seriousness’s of any red flags that we see,” she said.
She said signs to be aware of are, “use of drugs, presence of firearms, threats, isolation, intimidation,
showing up unannounced if a person is employed the attempts to sabotage the person job, repeated
inquiries, contacts, telephone calls—there’s not one thing, there’s an array of things.”
This whole story looks like nobody writing the story or being interviewed understands the facts.
She already wanted to end the relationship. Yet, how many times do the people interviewed make the comment that "everyone needs to watch out for red flags?"
If she already wanted out, then what red flags were missed? It's as if the people quoted are implying she never ended the relationship. Well, it can't be both.
Such a messed up job of reporting. It almost looks like someone Googled "Tips for Domestic Violence Victims" and used it as filler.
-
I bet 75% of the homes in Mililani have nothing that would be considered a weapon other than kitchen knives.
It is shocking to see most people are basically defenseless. Don't they know the Zombie Apocalypse is coming?
-
I bet 75% of the homes in Mililani have nothing that would be considered a weapon other than kitchen knives.
It is shocking to see most people are basically defenseless. Don't they know the Zombie Apocalypse is coming?
Homeless people in SF and LA already biting other people.
That's likely where the Z virus will start -- the most modern, prosperous and advanced country on the planet will give rise to a virus that mutates in the Democrat-controlled cesspools teeming with disease-carrying homeless defecating, urinating and using drugs on public streets.
-
and another stabbing...
https://www.khon2.com/news/woman-in-serious-condition-after-being-stabbed-in-waikiki/ (https://www.khon2.com/news/woman-in-serious-condition-after-being-stabbed-in-waikiki/)
-
So in this case, a firearm could have helped because he doesn't live there and broke into the home.
-
So in this case, a firearm could have helped because he doesn't live there and broke into the home.
If I had young kids, a former prisoner I dated harassing me for trying to break up, and lived in a location that's miles from the nearest police station, I wouldn't file a TRO and expect that to stop anyone.
He's already been convicted and served time for breaking the law. Why would anyone expect him to respect the authority of the state when they tell him to stay away?
And the Cops do what Cops normally do -- arrived too late to stop the attack.
She had more than just herself to protect. Poor judgment. I would not be surprised if she decides to get a firearm now -- especially if she's less physically capable after her spinal injuries. Much like people who buy an alarm because their home was broken into recently. Reactive vs. Proactive.
-
Yea.. that’s some ***ked up **ht. My wife knows the victim too. Damn domestic violence..
-
86 arrests and 37 convictions?!?! :wtf:
-
86 arrests and 37 convictions?!?! :wtf:
And still walking the streets. Thought we had a three strikes law of some sort.
Get caught carrying a gun for protection and you probably get 5 years.
-
And still walking the streets. Thought we had a three strikes law of some sort.
Get caught carrying a gun for protection and you probably get 5 years.
in Hawaii you get 300 strikes :'(
-
And still walking the streets. Thought we had a three strikes law of some sort.
Get caught carrying a gun for protection and you probably get 5 years.
The HNN article I read did seem to spin it in that light. As in questioning why this guy wasn’t in prison. I do wonder how many of those 37 were felonies.
in Hawaii you get 300 strikes :'(
Seems like it, huh?
With these rash of knife attacks, I’m wondering (sarcasm here) if people are gonna start looking at me funny for carrying a knife (or knives). :(
-
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/09/23/authorities-investigating-body-found-ala-wai-canal/
Are handcuffs and shackles illegal?
Strange statement...“At this time, she has some suspicious circumstances surrounding her death,”
-
I always carry 3 knives when I leave home. A belt buckle knife that is really fast to deploy, a fixed blade on my left side with S30V steel blade and my Leatherman Charge Plus which has the better CPM154 Steel for the blade instead of the cheap 420 steel blades they use on most of their knives.
Maybe our brilliant politicians will make a knife law like the UK and think all these knife attacks will miraculously stop.
-
I always carry 3 knives when I leave home. A belt buckle knife that is really fast to deploy, a fixed blade on my left side with S30V steel blade and my Leatherman Charge Plus which has the better CPM154 Steel for the blade instead of the cheap 420 steel blades they use on most of their knives.
Maybe our brilliant politicians will make a knife law like the UK and think all these knife attacks will miraculously stop.
Also stores will stop selling knives, even kitchen knives as a single. But instead only kitchen knife sets. The rational is that it cost more and people won't want to spend a few bucks more. Let's fast forward at what's going to happen, now instead of 1 knife, the person will dual wield and have more in his pockets.
-
https://youtu.be/ek9-iJ6UlMY
This is why you don’t want to be in a knife fight at all even if you are armed too
-
Also stores will stop selling knives, even kitchen knives as a single. But instead only kitchen knife sets. The rational is that it cost more and people won't want to spend a few bucks more. Let's fast forward at what's going to happen, now instead of 1 knife, the person will dual wield and have more in his pockets.
Only plastic knives will be allowed. But then plastic ban. :(
-
Thanks Flap for your timeline of statement. Had this 1 girl on FB using Everytown stats saying that her gun would have been used against her. But not in this case, because guy was outside and broke into the home after he saw and herd her on the phone with 911. She hasn't respond yet. And I told her to use other sources for stats cause we all know what ET's goal is.
-
With these rash of knife attacks, I’m wondering (sarcasm here) if people are gonna start looking at me funny for carrying a knife (or knives). :(
"Start"? "Sarcasm"? I'm sure some people already look at you "funny" if you carry a knife openly. If the legislators and/or courts continue to decide that people having some kind of emotional reaction ("upset", "scared", etc.) to the viewing of a holstered weapon legitimizes banning open carry of any weapon, well, we can all see where that's going.
-
This is why you don’t want to be in a knife fight at all even if you are armed too
If I was going to be attacked by someone with a knife and could get away, I would run. The knife I carry would be an advantage against an unarmed attacker. Since I am nearing 70, I am thinking maybe I should carry a cane as another layer of protection.
-
If I was going to be attacked by someone with a knife and could get away, I would run. The knife I carry would be an advantage against an unarmed attacker. Since I am nearing 70, I am thinking maybe I should carry a cane as another layer of protection.
One of those with a sword in the handle. :thumbsup:
-
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/09/23/authorities-investigating-body-found-ala-wai-canal/
Are handcuffs and shackles illegal?
Strange statement...“At this time, she has some suspicious circumstances surrounding her death,”
There are people who commit suicide by tying/cuffing their hands right after putting a bag on their head or before jumping with a noose -- to prevent themselves from panicking and stopping their demise.
I can see someone using shackles to prevent themselves from stopping their drowning, however strange it might appear. Suicidal people aren't always logical.
"Suspicious" is all they can say until the medical examiner determines cause of death. If there isn't water in the lungs, it wasn't a suicide. :shake:
-
There are people who commit suicide by tying/cuffing their hands right after putting a bag on their head or before jumping with a noose -- to prevent themselves from panicking and stopping their demise.
I can see someone using shackles to prevent themselves from stopping their drowning, however strange it might appear. Suicidal people aren't always logical.
"Suspicious" is all they can say until the medical examiner determines cause of death. If there isn't water in the lungs, it wasn't a suicide. :shake:
Maybe she was doing a Carridean...
-
Sad to say but our long ignored talking points are starting to make it into the headlines one senseless tragedy at a time.
https://www.kitv.com/story/41095707/family-of-stabbed-mililani-woman-say-justice-system-failed-to-protect-her
-
Sad to say but our long ignored talking points are starting to make it into the headlines one senseless tragedy at a time.
https://www.kitv.com/story/41095707/family-of-stabbed-mililani-woman-say-justice-system-failed-to-protect-her
If the press had any integrity, they would make the case that the justice system (i.e. the gov't) CAN'T protect us. Therefore, pretending that banning a gun type or doing background checks for ammo will make us safer would be treated for what it is -- more gov't control that doesn't solve the problem.
People have learned to trust gov't to solve all their ills. Personal responsibility (eg. self defense) is frowned upon. How many times have we read, "That man he tried to rob didn't have to kill him. He should have called the Cops and had him arrested!" They know: the system is very lenient to criminals if they know how to manipulate it.