2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: Inspector on June 03, 2012, 05:29:53 AM

Title: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 03, 2012, 05:29:53 AM
Got here about 5:20am. Plenty benches still available. Actually not as many people as last Sunday at this time.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 03, 2012, 05:50:35 AM
Wow, a rush of people came. Only 4 or 5 benches left at 5:50.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 03, 2012, 06:12:19 AM
Looks like all the benches are taken now.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Kevin on June 03, 2012, 06:24:20 AM
Is the area to go prone filled up too?
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 03, 2012, 07:51:32 AM
Is the area to go prone filled up too?
Wide open.
Title: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: hnl.flyboy on June 03, 2012, 08:34:00 AM
0833, and pistol side still has 11 stalls open.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: wirecounter on June 03, 2012, 09:17:06 AM
Have fun guys!!!   :shaka:

Today is a "honey do" kinda day for me.   :(

Good to meet you the other day hnl.flyboy!   :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: numbertwo on June 03, 2012, 09:54:03 AM
Have fun guys!!!   :shaka:

Today is a "honey do" kinda day for me.   :(

Good to meet you the other day hnl.flyboy!   :thumbsup:

LOL I was recently congratulated on my marriage and was welcomed to the Honey Do club.

I was clueless and all the other married older men laughed then kinda sighed after..then they told me what it meant




....(http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110412023813/slapyafaceohyeahson/images/9/9b/Feelsbadman.jpg)
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: bushmasta55 on June 03, 2012, 10:31:46 AM
Sadly for me everyday is a honey do kinda day. Lol
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: GreenStomper on June 03, 2012, 01:10:45 PM
LOL I was recently congratulated on my marriage and was welcomed to the Honey Do club.

I was clueless and all the other married older men laughed then kinda sighed after..then they told me what it

Another one bites the dust. Welcome to the club. Not always easy to be a member. You gotta pay to play,she is always right,always answer "yes dear".
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: GZire on June 04, 2012, 07:26:24 AM
Got here about 5:20am. Plenty benches still available. Actually not as many people as last Sunday at this time.

You are nutz.  5:20AM??!?!!!
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Kingkeoni on June 04, 2012, 07:52:23 AM
You are nutz.  5:20AM??!?!!!

This is what I like about Inspector, the man is dedicated.  :thumbsup:

The sad truth is that to shoot early, you must be there before 6:30am to even get a bench, 5:20am to get the bench you want.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: drck1000 on June 04, 2012, 08:14:35 AM
I've heard guys mentioning that they get there before 5 am on Sundays! 

I've never gone to the rifle range early on a Sunday.  I've been to the range many times on a Sunday for events in the shooting bays and when I get there between 7:30 and 8 am, it's usually almost always packed. 

I've been to the rifle range early on Saturdays many times.  Once I was the second person there and it was still pitch black.  There is usually the guy with the green Jeep there.  I don't think I've ever beat him to the range. 

Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Kingkeoni on June 04, 2012, 08:20:49 AM
There is usually the guy with the green Jeep there.  I don't think I've ever beat him to the range.

The beauty of being retired
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: drck1000 on June 04, 2012, 08:41:37 AM
The beauty of being retired

Yeah.  Sometimes I talk story with him and he rarely shoots.  I've seen him shoot like maybe 1 out of every 20 or so times I've seen him there.  He said he just comes down to the range mostly to hang out with the regulars.  I find it really relaxing being there early and watching the sunrise.  It's really peaceful and reminds me of the calm mornings when we used to go camping when I was little.  I remember waking up early and walking down to the beach and it always seemed like it was very peaceful. 
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: GZire on June 04, 2012, 10:14:20 AM
This is what I like about Inspector, the man is dedicated.  :thumbsup:

The sad truth is that to shoot early, you must be there before 6:30am to even get a bench, 5:20am to get the bench you want.


Jeebus..............I'd rather come later and prone out.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Mr. Farknocker on June 04, 2012, 11:46:37 AM
Got there a little after 1 p.m. and there were a lot of open benches. Wind was gusting but still had a lot of fun.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: ren on June 04, 2012, 12:07:31 PM
I've heard guys mentioning that they get there before 5 am on Sundays! 

I've never gone to the rifle range early on a Sunday.  I've been to the range many times on a Sunday for events in the shooting bays and when I get there between 7:30 and 8 am, it's usually almost always packed. 

I've been to the rifle range early on Saturdays many times.  Once I was the second person there and it was still pitch black.  There is usually the guy with the green Jeep there.  I don't think I've ever beat him to the range.
he needs a new shirt O0
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 04, 2012, 12:09:10 PM
You are nutz.  5:20AM??!?!!!
Me nutz? Not really. Maybe a little touched in the head tho....  :wacko:

Normally I am an early morning person. Even on the weekends. Sleeping in for me is usually between 6 and 7am. And maybe an occasional 8am if the cat doesn't bother me or I went to bed real late the night before. I like being up when most people are not. I find it peaceful and relaxing to watch the sun come up and hear the roosters and the occasional cow off in the distance. I make a pot of coffee and read the paper. Then I start on my weekend chores.....
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 04, 2012, 12:10:56 PM
he needs a new shirt O0
That guy was actually wearing a different shirt yesterday. It was not the old grayed out and torn white one he usually wears. This one was a dark blue or green I think. I was thinking that he finally changed shirts!  :rofl:
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: drck1000 on June 04, 2012, 12:39:20 PM
he needs a new shirt O0

That guy was actually wearing a different shirt yesterday. It was not the old grayed out and torn white one he usually wears. This one was a dark blue or green I think. I was thinking that he finally changed shirts!  :rofl:

I'm not sure if we are referring to the same guy.  I think I know the t-shirt guy.  At least the one I am thinking about usually wears a VERY worn t-shirt with usually a worn pair of jeans and sometimes a camo jacket.  The shirt looks like an undershirt that has a worn spot (or spots) on his stomach.  I just assumed it was his very favorite shirt.  When he's done shooting or taking a break, he usually end up sitting on the bench right in front of the range house/office, the bench that looks like it came from the back seat of an older van. 

The guy I am talking about, I haven't noticed his shirt.  I think he wears glasses and usually sits on the bench on the right side of the range house/office until guys show up.  I think he goes hunting on the outer island and fishing trips quite a bit.  At least that's what he usually seems to chat with the guys at the range about.  Nice guy. 
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: GZire on June 04, 2012, 01:53:18 PM
Me nutz? Not really. Maybe a little touched in the head tho....  :wacko:

Normally I am an early morning person. Even on the weekends. Sleeping in for me is usually between 6 and 7am. And maybe an occasional 8am if the cat doesn't bother me or I went to bed real late the night before. I like being up when most people are not. I find it peaceful and relaxing to watch the sun come up and hear the roosters and the occasional cow off in the distance. I make a pot of coffee and read the paper. Then I start on my weekend chores.....

If you want to donate your cat, I can see how he will only bring you joy and amusement for the rest of your life.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cat-helicopter-takes-flight-20120604,0,4470173.story (http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cat-helicopter-takes-flight-20120604,0,4470173.story)
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Kingkeoni on June 04, 2012, 10:55:29 PM
he needs a new shirt O0

Hahahahaha  :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: Inspector on June 05, 2012, 06:04:25 AM
If you want to donate your cat, I can see how he will only bring you joy and amusement for the rest of your life.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cat-helicopter-takes-flight-20120604,0,4470173.story (http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-cat-helicopter-takes-flight-20120604,0,4470173.story)
Your name isn't ALF, is it?  :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_%28TV_series%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_%28TV_series%29)
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: GZire on June 05, 2012, 09:26:29 AM
Your name isn't ALF, is it?  :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_%28TV_series%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALF_%28TV_series%29)


No because I would eat that cat like a manapua if I was.
Title: Re: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: numbertwo on June 07, 2012, 09:39:36 PM
Are you allowed to set up your target frame too (if you have a bench saved) before they open?


This is for the handgun side, but it could go for both I guess. Even though it might not be necessary to go before opening hours for the handgun side according to some of your stories...
Title: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: hnl.flyboy on June 07, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
Are you allowed to set up your target frame too (if you have a bench saved) before they open?


This is for the handgun side, but it could go for both I guess. Even though it might not be necessary to go before opening hours for the handgun side according to some of your stories...

When I went exclusively to the rifle side, I went real early and set up my bench and targets...just don't uncase guns before they open.
Title: Range day Sunday 6/3
Post by: drck1000 on June 07, 2012, 10:28:45 PM
Are you allowed to set up your target frame too (if you have a bench saved) before they open?


This is for the handgun side, but it could go for both I guess. Even though it might not be necessary to go before opening hours for the handgun side according to some of your stories...

I've never been to the pistol side before they open, but when I'm at the rifle side before they open, everyone usually puts out their stand early and just cruise until the line goes hot. Sometimes there are those who rush right before, but usually most are out about 15 minutes or more before the line goes hot.