2aHawaii

Tools and Uses => Reloading => Topic started by: ren on January 20, 2021, 07:14:02 PM

Title: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on January 20, 2021, 07:14:02 PM
I read that it will be released this summer. A 10 station progressive.
This is the only pic I can find
(https://www.ar15.com/media/mediafiles/322543/20210119_191054_jpg-1787161.JPG)
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Inspector on January 21, 2021, 09:02:53 AM
I now have the Outdoor Channel and I think the other one is Outdoorsman. Anyway, they both ran the last Shot Show video and this monstrosity is in there. It is quite impressive. It has a way of figuring out if the powder measure did not return to the lower position and won’t allow you to continue until until it does. It made me drool. My wife said it had been a long time since I got that excited over something.  :rofl:
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: oldfart on January 21, 2021, 09:30:07 AM
My wife said it had been a long time since I got that excited over something.  :rofl:
...
Fact check....
 What she actually said was, "It's so big compared to your little one!"

 :rofl:
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on January 31, 2021, 10:12:20 AM
https://www.outdoorchannelplus.com/videodetail/frankford-arsenal-fx10-progressive-reloading-press/369720/387909 (https://www.outdoorchannelplus.com/videodetail/frankford-arsenal-fx10-progressive-reloading-press/369720/387909)

Video. Looks like a direct competitor to the Dillon 1050. I'm guessing it is made in China. With that said, there was some concern over US labor versus Chinese. SO the question is whether to buy 100% USA or the modern paradigm of innovate in USA then made in China for cheaper.

If I get this, It could replace my swager, single stage and my 550b.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: mrgaf on February 01, 2021, 05:38:00 PM
https://www.outdoorchannelplus.com/videodetail/frankford-arsenal-fx10-progressive-reloading-press/369720/387909 (https://www.outdoorchannelplus.com/videodetail/frankford-arsenal-fx10-progressive-reloading-press/369720/387909)

Video. Looks like a direct competitor to the Dillon 1050. I'm guessing it is made in China. With that said, there was some concern over US labor versus Chinese. SO the question is whether to buy 100% USA or the modern paradigm of innovate in USA then made in China for cheaper.

If I get this, It could replace my swager, single stage and my 550b.

Looks interesting but still a Rube Goldberg. For me U.S.A. all the way!😁
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: omnigun on February 01, 2021, 07:05:06 PM
How is this company?   I'm looking for an all in one reloading system.   
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: macsak on February 01, 2021, 08:19:19 PM
How is this company?   I'm looking for an all in one reloading system.

"Also I think many of ya'lls comments are sheer idiocy too."
and yet here you are, asking for help...
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: kia_killer on February 01, 2021, 10:55:00 PM
How is this company?   I'm looking for an all in one reloading system.

Oh boy... Going to need my flak jacket at the range now...
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: omnigun on February 02, 2021, 06:50:21 AM
"Also I think many of ya'lls comments are sheer idiocy too."
and yet here you are, asking for help...

Gun options are different than political and social.  I can still think the posts about stolen elections are idiocy but at the same time trust opinions on guns.  Just like you.  I think if you talk about dentistry I would believe much more than if you posted Trump won 2020 election.  Also why I said many,  not all and focused on the comments and posted that in a relevant thread full of idiot comments.   This is a whole new forum  section. 
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: drck1000 on February 02, 2021, 07:35:36 AM
new Frankford Progressive press

Keep the political crap in the political crap section. . .
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Rocky on February 02, 2021, 08:15:11 AM
Regarding staying on topic,
this is for FOR COMPARISON ONLY !

 Just spent a couple days helping "a friend" set up the "Mark 7 The Evolution" re-loader
https://www.markvii-loading.com/loading-presses/evolution/101-1175.html
Included Autocase feeder but added all of these goodies.  :wacko:

    Auto BulletFeeder
    Autodrive - which can include sensors for each press function that will stop the machine and alert you
    Remote Stop - stops the machine instantly when button is pressed
   SwageSense - stops the machine when unexpected primer pockets are sensed
   DecapSense - stops the machine when a decapped primer is not sensed
   Primer Orientation Sensor - checks to be sure the primer is oriented correctly
   BulletSense -  stops the machine if a vertical bullet is not present
   Digital Powder Check - stops the machine if an incorrect powder level is detected
Still waiting on the Automated Priming System (another $2,000)
Here's what it will look like after the Automated Priming System is added

    Total investment just short of $10k 
For that kind of money it should have came with a cup holder and toilet paper dispenser.  :crazy:

   Manually ran 10 rounds yesterday and test fired (Left handed).  :geekdanc:
Still have 10 fingers, will probably fine tune to automation today.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: macsak on February 02, 2021, 08:19:19 AM
tfti

Regarding staying on topic,
this is for FOR COMPARISON ONLY !

 Just spent a couple days helping "a friend" set up the "Mark 7 The Evolution" re-loader
https://www.markvii-loading.com/loading-presses/evolution/101-1175.html
Included Autocase feeder but added all of these goodies.  :wacko:

    Auto BulletFeeder
    Autodrive - which can include sensors for each press function that will stop the machine and alert you
    Remote Stop - stops the machine instantly when button is pressed
   SwageSense - stops the machine when unexpected primer pockets are sensed
   DecapSense - stops the machine when a decapped primer is not sensed
   Primer Orientation Sensor - checks to be sure the primer is oriented correctly
   BulletSense -  stops the machine if a vertical bullet is not present
   Digital Powder Check - stops the machine if an incorrect powder level is detected
Still waiting on the Automated Priming System (another $2,000)

    Total investment just short of $10k 
For that kind of money it should have came with a cup holder and toilet paper dispenser.  :crazy:

   Manually ran 10 rounds yesterday and test fired (Left handed).  :geekdanc:
Still have 10 fingers, will probably fine tune to automation today.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on February 02, 2021, 08:36:18 AM
If I recall WGS has a Mark 7 setup in their shop. I read somewhere that the company that makes Mark 7s was bought by another.
The Frankford Progressive is slated to be released in the latter part of this year. Some factors to consider is the cost of caliber conversions. I wish my 550b had a stationary powder measure station. A user can use just one powder dispenser but it is much more convenient to have one on every toolhead. Rumors has it that the Frankford may get an autodrive and it looks conducive for it.

It is likely this Frankford press was made in China ...and not green by any means. All that smelting. All that carbon emissions. Sweat. Labor. Methane release from real hard work and not someone spouting unicorn fantasies. This press was designed for the real shooter who will travel to a range because it is his/her passion and sport.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: oldfart on February 02, 2021, 11:24:11 AM
This is not something you want to be doing caliber changes on.
Best keep this for high volume pistol ammo. Eg.9mm, 45.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Rocky on February 02, 2021, 04:00:53 PM
This is not something you want to be doing caliber changes on.
Best keep this for high volume pistol ammo. Eg.9mm, 45.
The Frankford or the Revolution ?
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on February 02, 2021, 09:11:32 PM
Looking at the Frankford it has a large footprint. Both the 1050 and Frankford wouldn't be conducive to quick caliber changes. A shooter on ARFCOM has ONE 1050 for all his 12 calibers. Some people are fortunate. :thumbsup:

I think I'm content with what I have. I don't shoot as much as I did.
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Lanson on February 13, 2021, 02:04:11 AM
 ;D ;D
...
Fact check....
 What she actually said was, "It's so big compared to your little one!"

 :rofl:
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on February 13, 2021, 08:54:33 AM
youg guys are just as bad as OmniDouche
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Lanson on February 14, 2021, 07:18:09 AM
 :thumbsup:
new Frankford Progressive press

Keep the political crap in the political crap section. . .
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on February 14, 2021, 12:24:26 PM
new Frankford Progressive press

Keep the political crap in the political crap section. . .

I thought this was a political thread.

"Progressive Press".

 :geekdanc: :rofl:
Title: Re: new Frankford Progressive press
Post by: ren on February 14, 2021, 01:37:25 PM
You guys are just as douchey as Omni.