2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: Flapp_Jackson on December 09, 2021, 02:59:03 PM

Title: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 09, 2021, 02:59:03 PM
This case drives home the fact that there just aren't enough hate crimes being committed in the US to satisfy the Left.  They have to manufacture hate crimes in order to draw attention to the "problem" and themselves.  But, I digress...

Smollett was found guilty of the first 5 charges and not guilty of the sixth.
Quote
The 39-year-old "Empire" alum was charged with six counts of disorderly conduct related to
false statements to Chicago police officers in regard to a 2019 hate crime against himself. In
2019, he claimed that two men attacked him due to his skin color and sexual orientation.
Quote
Since being accused of staging the attack, Smollett has maintained his innocence and said
during his two-day testimony that "there was no hate crime hoax from my standpoint."

Prosecutors, however, argued that Smollett carried out a "dry run" of the attack the day before
it occurred in 2019.
Quote
The charge is a class 4 felony that carries a prison sentence of up to three years, but experts
have said if convicted, Smollett would likely be placed on probation and ordered to perform
community service.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-verdict-alleged-hate-crime-hoax-trial

We'll have to follow up with the sentencing after it's official.

White privilege?  More like "politically and celebrity connected" privilege.  Same thing that got the charges dropped and the records sealed the first time...

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=33579.msg298651#msg298651
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: GlockNewb on December 09, 2021, 03:43:42 PM
https://youtu.be/pIzEUIVV6Wc

The Quartering live streamed the verdict and commented...#justiceforjussie
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on March 11, 2022, 02:29:30 PM
Jussie was sentenced Thursday to 150 days in the Cook County Jail, 30 months of felony probation, and ordered to pay restitution of more than $120,000 and a $25,000 fine for making false reports to police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019.

Quote
After the judge announced his sentence, Smollett lowered his face mask and said he was innocent.
"Your honor, I respect you and I respect the jury, but I did not do this," the actor told the judge, before
turning to the court. "And I am not suicidal. And if anything happens to me when I go in there, I did
not do it to myself. And you must all know that."

Just before he was taken into custody, the actor yelled again that he was innocent and raised a fist in
the air.

Cook County Judge James Linn spoke for more than 30 minutes before announcing Smollett's sentence,
telling the actor that he wrote the script and picked the actors for the hoax, and that his premeditation for
the act was an "aggravating factor" in the case.

"There's a side of you that has this arrogance, and selfishness and narcissism that's just disgraceful," the
judge said. "You're not a victim of a racial hate crime, you're not a victim of a homophobic hate crime.
You're just a charlatan pretending to be a victim of a hate crime, and that's shameful."

The judge ordered Smollett to be held in protective custody "by Mr. Smollett's request and this court's
recommendation," according to court documents obtained by CNN.

On Friday, the actor was being housed "in his own cell, which is monitored by security cameras in the cell
and by an officer wearing a body worn camera who is stationed at the entrance of the cell to ensure that
Mr. Smollett is under direct observation at all times," the Cook County Sheriff's Office said.

The office stressed Smollett was not being held in solitary confinement, noting he is entitled to "substantial
time out of his cell" and is able to use a telephone, watch TV and interact with staff.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/us/jussie-smollett-sentencing-trial/index.html

Waiting for the Nigerian brothers to sue for defamation and slander.  When Jussie changed his story and said they did the deed of their own volition, he basically called them liars and criminals.

How much fuel did this one person (can't call him a man) pour on the racial and political division in this country -- and for what?  To get a bigger paycheck?
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on March 11, 2022, 02:33:47 PM
https://youtu.be/JMHa2CJISEM
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on March 11, 2022, 02:53:00 PM
The news told the weak minded what to believe and say. Like other things as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: powerlessbump on March 11, 2022, 03:00:57 PM
Here's a fun op-ed from Kim Foxx. Guess she has time to write op-eds instead of prosecuting.

Chicago Sun-Times: Kim Foxx: In Jussie Smollett case, our justice system failed. Here’s how and why..
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/3/10/22971657/jussie-smollett-case-our-justice-system-failed-states-attorney-kim-foxx-op-ed

Some sort of weird not accepting you were in the wrong, blaming everyone else, and saying that it will lead to an inequitable future if we continue to demand that people don't commit hate crimes.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on March 11, 2022, 03:26:18 PM
Here's a fun op-ed from Kim Foxx. Guess she has time to write op-eds instead of prosecuting.

Chicago Sun-Times: Kim Foxx: In Jussie Smollett case, our justice system failed. Here’s how and why..
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2022/3/10/22971657/jussie-smollett-case-our-justice-system-failed-states-attorney-kim-foxx-op-ed

Some sort of weird not accepting you were in the wrong, blaming everyone else, and saying that it will lead to an inequitable future if we continue to demand that people don't commit hate crimes.

She has no credibility.  She said she recused herself from that case, when the truth was exactly opposite.  She "faked" recusing herself without making it official, because she knew an official recusal would have required a special prosecutor be appointed.  She didn't want an impartial prosecutor she couldn't manipulate investigating the hoax.

Chief prosecutor did not officially recuse herself
from Jussie Smollett case, her office says


https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/28/entertainment/jussie-smollett-states-attorney-recusal/index.html
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: RSN172 on March 11, 2022, 06:34:06 PM
She should be charged with lying too.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: ren on March 11, 2022, 07:18:22 PM
at least she didn't blame Trump
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on March 11, 2022, 08:03:20 PM
at least she didn't blame Trump
Im sure she did.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on March 11, 2022, 10:09:40 PM
at least she didn't blame Trump

This thought none of this would have happened if Trump wasn't being blamed?  Foxx said she believed Smollett, so she also believed the underlying "it's Trump's fault" narrative.

"This is MAGA Country!" 

 :geekdanc: :rofl: :popcorn:
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: hvybarrels on March 11, 2022, 11:53:56 PM
He's getting sentenced and still can't help squeezing a bit more attention seeking narcissism out of the situation. Between this guy and Baldwin it makes you wonder about the amount of undiagnosed mental illness in Hollywood.

That might explain why so many of today's TV and Movies are total crap but the studios keep doubling down on the same mistakes that are destroying their business.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: macsak on June 23, 2022, 04:10:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAX9UU1gFMA
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on June 23, 2022, 04:38:56 PM
Let's say Jussie is telling the truth.

If so, then what really happened?  The convoluted and confusing stories Jussie kept giving throughout the investigation don't add up.

It started with a "threatening letter" made from cut up magazine clippings.  When that failed to get him noticed, he hired two people to stage an attack.  Why he felt the need to involve two others when he could have simply fabricated the attack story on his own shows he's not very bright.  Then he wrote a CHECK to the Nigerian brothers to buy supplies and pay for their assistance.

He left a "noose" made from clothes line around his neck for officers to see.  He said he had bleach poured on him.  He described White guys in MAGA hats as the attackers after midnight on the most brutally cold night of the year.  He had the ability to go home carrying is Subway sandwich -- after he was attacked!

The only part of the story that makes sense is the lack of any video of the attackers -- something Jussie planned on by choosing that location.

This story didn't pass the sniff test the first time around.  Then when the prosecutor lied about recusing herself and was found to have obstructed the investigation and trial, it became obvious he was lying.  Someone who's telling the truth doesn't need to rig the judicial process.

He's now stealing more than the 15 minutes of fame he is entitled to.  Being Gay and Black doesn't give you the right to lie to the Cops or the public.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: macsak on December 01, 2023, 12:45:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IiEyrkThd0
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: QUIETShooter on December 01, 2023, 08:03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IiEyrkThd0

Wonderful!  Once in a while our justice system gets it right.

Now Alec Baldwin next please.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 01, 2023, 09:21:29 PM
Jussie was sentenced Thursday to 150 days in the Cook County Jail, 30 months of felony probation, and ordered to pay restitution of more than $120,000 and a $25,000 fine for making false reports to police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019.

Thats actually not bad all things considered.

I hope the fines cover the cost of the taxpayer funded investigation.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 01, 2023, 10:11:28 PM
Thats actually not bad all things considered.

I hope the fines cover the cost of the taxpayer funded investigation.

Look up the word "restitution."
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 02, 2023, 09:58:40 PM
Look up the word "restitution."

Look up the word pretentious.

What I was saying was that I hope it covers the cost, as in all of the cost, not just some of it.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 02, 2023, 10:42:23 PM
Look up the word pretentious.

What I was saying was that I hope it covers the cost, as in all of the cost, not just some of it.

Do you even bother to find answers on your own?  I read 3 articles about him repaying the cost of the investigation before this thread was updated.  "Restitution" means exactly that.   Who else would he need to repay $120K to?  Kamala Harris for the favors she burned on his behalf?

Stop being a child.  Learn how to find things on your own.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 03, 2023, 04:06:54 PM
Do you even bother to find answers on your own?  I read 3 articles about him repaying the cost of the investigation before this thread was updated.  "Restitution" means exactly that.   Who else would he need to repay $120K to?  Kamala Harris for the favors she burned on his behalf?

Stop being a child.  Learn how to find things on your own.

Stop being an a-hole. I never asked you to find anything for me.

Read what I wrote again and stop trying to pick fights where none are needed.
I said "I hope the fines cover the cost of the taxpayer funded investigation." I didn't ask if it does. Focus.

Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 03, 2023, 05:21:57 PM
Stop being an a-hole. I never asked you to find anything for me.

Read what I wrote again and stop trying to pick fights where none are needed.
I said "I hope the fines cover the cost of the taxpayer funded investigation." I didn't ask if it does. Focus.

You said you hoped something that already was reported would happen.

That's dumb, Snowflake.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 03, 2023, 07:27:51 PM
You said you hoped something that already was reported would happen.

That's dumb, Snowflake.
Hahhahaha once again, he fails to read.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 03, 2023, 09:16:00 PM
You said you hoped something that already was reported would happen.

That's dumb, Snowflake.

And that somehow justifies you being an a-hole? All you had to do was say it does cover the full cost of the investigation if you had to say anything at all.

If someone said they hope their big mac comes with cheese do you make a big deal that all big macs have cheese? Not a big friend maker are you?

BTW, I saw reports of the cost of the investigation between $130,000 and $150,000. The CNN article you posted said he was ordered to pay a restitution of $120,000. If you can follow basic math that leaves between $10,000 and $30,000. The answer you claim is there is not a full answer to my question genius.

 So again, I hope the restitution covers the full cost of the investigation
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 03, 2023, 09:29:58 PM
$130, 106.15 is what Chicago Police sued him for in 2019 for the cost of their resources investigating the hoax.

He was ordered to pay $120,106 + $25,000 fine in 2022 when he was sentenced.  Total = $145,106.

The fine + restitution covers more than what the police sought leaving $15K for court costs.

The only thing that's difficult is getting you to think for yourself.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 03, 2023, 09:34:46 PM
$130, 106.15 is what Chicago Police sued him for in 2019 for the cost of their resources investigating the hoax.

He was ordered to pay $120,106 + $25,000 fine in 2022 when he was sentenced.  Total = $145,106.

The fine + restitution covers more than what the police sought leaving $15K for court costs.

The only thing that's difficult is getting you to think for yourself.

I am happy if that is all true and all costs are recovered. My point to you still stands.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 03, 2023, 09:36:11 PM
I am happy if that is all true and all costs are recovered. My point to you still stands.

Can't accept the truth when it hits you in the face.

#Snowflake
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 03, 2023, 09:43:54 PM
Can't accept the truth when it hits you in the face.

#Snowflake

Strawman.
I never denied any truth.

Are you an a-hole in real life or just on the internet?
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 04, 2023, 08:14:39 AM
Stop being an a-hole. I never asked you to find anything for me.

Read what I wrote again and stop trying to pick fights where none are needed.
I said "I hope the fines cover the cost of the taxpayer funded investigation." I didn't ask if it does. Focus.

Wow, that escalated. Since you claim you look stuff up, a simple google would have answered your question.  Here's how you could have responded instead:

"Flapp, thanks for the info, I never bothered to look it up on my own". But no, you chose another path like usual.  I'm sure goal post moving will begin soon.

Tism awareness month.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 04, 2023, 08:15:17 AM
And that somehow justifies you being an a-hole? All you had to do was say it does cover the full cost of the investigation if you had to say anything at all.

If someone said they hope their big mac comes with cheese do you make a big deal that all big macs have cheese? Not a big friend maker are you?

BTW, I saw reports of the cost of the investigation between $130,000 and $150,000. The CNN article you posted said he was ordered to pay a restitution of $120,000. If you can follow basic math that leaves between $10,000 and $30,000. The answer you claim is there is not a full answer to my question genius.

 So again, I hope the restitution covers the full cost of the investigation

All you had to say is "Thanks Flapp". See my prior post.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 04, 2023, 11:54:25 AM
All you had to say is "Thanks Flapp". See my prior post.
He went from:

Quote
Stop being an a-hole. I never asked you to find anything for me.
to:

Quote
BTW, I saw reports of the cost of the investigation between $130,000 and $150,000. The CNN article you posted said he was ordered to pay a restitution of $120,000. If you can follow basic math that leaves between $10,000 and $30,000. The answer you claim is there is not a full answer to my question genius.

Seems like I was right from the beginning -- he did ask a question indirectly, and I was nice enough to explain the answer to him, admittedly in less than tender terms.

Hard to be nice to someone who keeps calling me vulgar names.

 :geekdanc: :shaka:
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 04, 2023, 11:57:40 AM
He went from:
to:

Seems like I was right from the beginning -- he did ask a question indirectly, and I was nice enough to explain the answer to him, admittedly in less than tender terms.

Hard to be nice to someone who keeps calling me vulgar names.

 :geekdanc: :shaka:

Since the money you posted didn't add up to the penny, he will say you were wrong.  He wants you to contact the state, Jussie,  and lawyers to get receipts.  This way he can try to make like he's right.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 04, 2023, 12:15:48 PM
Since the money you posted didn't add up to the penny, he will say you were wrong.  He wants you to contact the state, Jussie,  and lawyers to get receipts.  This way he can try to make like he's right.

I've got $20 that says the original amount the Chicago Police Dept sued Juicy for was just an estimate (i.e. not an exact amount), and was inflated (i.e. included every possible tangential cost not directly and exclusively used for the hoax investigation).

How often have we tried to give an accurate accounting of time we spent on a project or task, only to include several hours of browsing FB, IG, Twitter, YT, etc, personal phone calls, texts or emails, breaks to grab coffee or a meal, and so on?

It's one thing to get paid for an hour for lunch, but it's another to put that hour down as time for which Juicy owes the city.

As much as EEF wants to "ensure" Chicago is covering the amount of the nvestigation, he can rest assured they are still getting more than they expended.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 04, 2023, 02:22:11 PM
Wow, that escalated. Since you claim you look stuff up, a simple google would have answered your question. 

If I wanted the answer I would have looked it up. I wasn't asking a question though, I was stating a desire. It really isn't that complicated.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 04, 2023, 02:25:37 PM
He went from:
to:

Seems like I was right from the beginning -- he did ask a question indirectly, and I was nice enough to explain the answer to him, admittedly in less than tender terms.

Hard to be nice to someone who keeps calling me vulgar names.

 :geekdanc: :shaka:

You are ALWAYS the one to draw first blood, now you are whining when someone hits back. Everyone on this forum knows this.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 04, 2023, 02:55:20 PM
If I wanted the answer I would have looked it up. I wasn't asking a question though, I was stating a desire. It really isn't that complicated.

Really?  Not asking a question?

"The answer you claim is there is not a full answer to my question genius."

Please tell me how it's possible I didn't answer YOUR QUESTION when you WEREN'T ASKING A QUESTION.

I'm just a genius-in-training.  Please show me how those two comments you posted can both be true at the same time.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 04, 2023, 02:57:57 PM
Really?  Not asking a question?

"The answer you claim is there is not a full answer to my question genius."

Please tell me how it's possible I didn't answer YOUR QUESTION when you WEREN'T ASKING A QUESTION.

I'm just a genius-in-training.  Please show me how those two comments you posted can both be true at the same time.

You kept referring to it as an answer and in replying I used matching terminology. It was a typo.

I know full well you will seize on any chance to start an argument so I wouldn't even bother you ask you a question because you will predictably respond with some sort of google-fu type response.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 04, 2023, 02:58:44 PM
You kept referring to it as an answer and in replying I used matching terminology. It was a typo.

I know full well you will seize on any chance to start an argument so I wouldn't even bother you ask you a question because you will predictably respond with some sort of google-fu type response.

Bull crap.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 04, 2023, 04:17:43 PM
You kept referring to it as an answer and in replying I used matching terminology. It was a typo.

I know full well you will seize on any chance to start an argument so I wouldn't even bother you ask you a question because you will predictably respond with some sort of google-fu type response.

Good post Newsom.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 04, 2023, 08:36:02 PM
Bull crap.

Believe what you want, I really don't care.
 :stopjack:
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 05, 2023, 08:07:08 AM
Believe what you want, I really don't care.
 :stopjack:

Yes u do care.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 05, 2023, 10:02:13 AM
Believe what you want, I really don't care.
 :stopjack:

You sure do spend a lot of time and posts arguing for someone who doesn't care what others believe.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: eyeeatingfish on December 05, 2023, 09:31:19 PM
You sure do spend a lot of time and posts arguing for someone who doesn't care what others believe.

Pot meet kettle
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: Flapp_Jackson on December 05, 2023, 10:38:24 PM
Pot meet kettle

Is that supposed to be pithy?

fail.
Title: Re: Jussie Smollett Guilty of Staging Fake Hate Crime Against Himself
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 06, 2023, 08:22:18 AM
You sure do spend a lot of time and posts arguing for someone who doesn't care what others believe.

He does care, it's just his Jean/Newsom tactics don't work here because people call him out when he's wrong. Maybe in real life, people are extra nice to him and don't do this.