2aHawaii

General Topics => Political Discussion => Topic started by: ren on December 22, 2021, 02:38:38 PM

Title: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: ren on December 22, 2021, 02:38:38 PM
https://www.kitv.com/kakou/aging-well-experts-urge-state-to-sponsor-retirement-savings-program/article_44c244f4-5aea-11ec-8ddb-df899c4bdf64.html (https://www.kitv.com/kakou/aging-well-experts-urge-state-to-sponsor-retirement-savings-program/article_44c244f4-5aea-11ec-8ddb-df899c4bdf64.html)

What could go wrong?!
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 22, 2021, 02:41:37 PM
Need $ for the rail. Skim off the top and no one knows till they retire. Think ponzi.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Inspector on December 22, 2021, 03:04:56 PM
Everything the government touches turns to shit. I would not trust them with my money if they promised me a ride on the rail to nowhere!  :rofl:
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: omnigun on December 22, 2021, 03:37:47 PM
I think its a good idea.  Helps with saving for retirement.  I max out my Roth and contribute to other plans, but I'm lucky my work provides retirement programs.  In the end if people don't save for themselves we (taxpayers) end up paying for them. 
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: ren on December 22, 2021, 07:28:01 PM
Everything the government touches turns to shit. I would not trust them with my money if they promised me a ride on the rail to nowhere!  :rofl:

Some people like shit. Some people see shit. Glad no one here does....
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 22, 2021, 08:37:16 PM
Everything the government touches turns to shit. I would not trust them with my money if they promised me a ride on the rail to nowhere!  :rofl:
I can forsee in 40 years (retirement for a young person who partook in this), the state messing something up and they cant get their money.

And along the way, raiaing taxes to pay for this new plans overhead cost.

Like all those who supported the rail as an example.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: rpoL98 on December 23, 2021, 01:06:14 AM
until the legislators start to decree what type of politically acceptable investments are allowed.  all green, all woke, all libtard.  there goes that rate-of-return.
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Inspector on December 23, 2021, 01:43:33 AM
Some people like shit. Some people see shit. Glad no one here does....
Some people even work for the S H I T !  :rofl:
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Inspector on December 23, 2021, 01:50:10 AM
I can forsee in 40 years (retirement for a young person who partook in this), the state messing something up and they cant get their money.

And along the way, raiaing taxes to pay for this new plans overhead cost.

Like all those who supported the rail as an example.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Look at all the people who are in union government retirement plans. The government has not been keeping up with their payments into the retirement plans. Those plans are all in jeopardy of collapsing because they are all underfunded. In other words the government has not been keeping up with their payments to the retirement plans.

I have friends who are retired and are getting their pensions from CalPers. They get letters constantly from their pension plan telling them their pension may have to be reduced if either the government doesn’t catch up with their payments or if they run out of money.

Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Inspector on December 23, 2021, 01:55:51 AM
People need to start taking care of their personal business and quit expecting the government to do it for them. It just means they are incapable of being mature and acting like an adult and taking charge of their own lives. Seriously, who would want a corrupt, incompetent government agency to handle your life savings for you?
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Rocky on December 23, 2021, 08:45:18 AM
Everything the government touches turns to shit. I would not trust them with my money if they promised me a ride on the rail to nowhere!  :rofl:
But your payroll deduction for retirement will be invested in Rail stock ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: drck1000 on December 23, 2021, 08:53:35 AM
If I make it to retirement, I’ll have a decent pension from work. That said, I definitely diversify and kept the $$$ from my previous jobs in investment accounts that luckily have been doing well. Moved them around, both companies and types of funds, over the years.

Not counting on SS and def wouldn’t count on the State to manage my retirement $$$. They are a step away from being Madoff.
Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: changemyoil66 on December 23, 2021, 09:06:43 AM
People need to start taking care of their personal business and quit expecting the government to do it for them. It just means they are incapable of being mature and acting like an adult and taking charge of their own lives. Seriously, who would want a corrupt, incompetent government agency to handle your life savings for you?
This, more goverment involvement isnt always a good thing.

I wonder if libertatrians support this.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: State of Hawaii managed savings program
Post by: Inspector on December 23, 2021, 11:45:11 AM
But your payroll deduction for retirement will be invested in Rail stock ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You mean like the railroads on the Monopoly Board? Or the rail to nowhere? What a joke our government is… 🤦‍♂️