2aHawaii

General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: E808AN on June 12, 2022, 09:46:22 AM

Title: Powder Group Buy, Current?
Post by: E808AN on June 12, 2022, 09:46:22 AM
Are there any group buys going for powders, I saw somewhere that it has to be shipped on a pallet and that there is a hazmat fee?

Thanks,
-Z
Title: Re: Powder Group Buy, Current?
Post by: dogman on June 13, 2022, 09:19:14 PM
I have done group buys purchasing from Powder Valley. To make it worth it for a shipment to Hawaii, you need to purchase 100 or more pounds of powder. I have been in contact with Powder Valley and for the last couple of years the are unable to fill an order for that much powder to a single individual. With current prices, it doesn't seem like the savings are as great as pre-covid anyway. I would, and have been just going to SEC.
Title: Re: Powder Group Buy, Current?
Post by: drck1000 on June 13, 2022, 09:26:44 PM
I would be down for a group buy.  Dogman had mentioned the Powder Valley idea. Hope things settle down soon. I had also asked Kaleo about shipping powder and primer, but just ammo. At least for now.
Title: Re: Powder Group Buy, Current?
Post by: E808AN on June 14, 2022, 08:28:29 PM
I would be down for a group buy.  Dogman had mentioned the Powder Valley idea. Hope things settle down soon. I had also asked Kaleo about shipping powder and primer, but just ammo. At least for now.

I have done group buys purchasing from Powder Valley. To make it worth it for a shipment to Hawaii, you need to purchase 100 or more pounds of powder. I have been in contact with Powder Valley and for the last couple of years the are unable to fill an order for that much powder to a single individual. With current prices, it doesn't seem like the savings are as great as pre-covid anyway. I would, and have been just going to SEC.

I'm down to buy a few 8-pounders def more than 32 lbs total. Joint reloading with dad. Let me know. dogman would you be down to do it again?

Thanks
-Z
Title: Re: Powder Group Buy, Current?
Post by: dogman on June 17, 2022, 08:11:12 PM
I'm down to buy a few 8-pounders def more than 32 lbs total. Joint reloading with dad. Let me know. dogman would you be down to do it again?

Thanks
-Z
Browse the powders available from Powder Valley. They have a one eight pound keg and ten one pound bottle limit per powder with a limited selection. When the selection improves and they do away with the limits, a group buy would be a possibility, but I don't see that happening in the near future.