2aHawaii

Tools and Uses => Firearms and Accessories => Topic started by: WTF?Shane on December 04, 2012, 09:18:06 PM

Title: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: WTF?Shane on December 04, 2012, 09:18:06 PM
Hello. I am looking to re-cut the barrel nut threads on a airsoft gun upper receiver (yes, go ahead and laugh). Does anyone have the proper sized 1-1/4" 18TPI die? Or does anyone know who can help me out? Thank you.
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: SpeedTek on December 04, 2012, 09:28:06 PM
I got the tap and die
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: Kingkeoni on December 04, 2012, 09:33:15 PM
I got the tap and die

Sounds like marriage.  :rofl:
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: WTF?Shane on December 04, 2012, 09:48:41 PM
I got the tap and die

Aww snap. :geekdanc: Awesome, man. I'm still waiting on the rail system, so I'll drop by maybe next week.
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: SpeedTek on December 05, 2012, 08:30:52 AM
What do you need done?

I have the tap and die at the machine shop.
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: BUD on December 05, 2012, 08:49:43 AM
Parkerized or stainless???   :)
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: ren on December 05, 2012, 08:56:04 AM
curious, are you using this airsoft upper on a real gun?
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: WTF?Shane on December 05, 2012, 11:14:02 AM
What do you need done?

I have the tap and die at the machine shop.

The threads on the receiver are metric sizing and need it recut to accept AR-15 barrel nut.

Parkerized or stainless???   :)

The receiver? It's aluminum so it's anodized.

curious, are you using this airsoft upper on a real gun?

No.
Title: Re: AR upper receiver re-thread tools?
Post by: GZire on December 05, 2012, 08:05:29 PM
curious, are you using this airsoft upper on a real gun?

A lot of guys use the real stuff on airsoft guns.  Spend more than the real thing.