2aHawaii
General Topics => General Discussion => Topic started by: bjnodl0 on January 25, 2013, 03:30:04 PM
-
I have been hearing great things about Froglube. Just wondering if anyone here has used it on a bolt gun. Right now Im just using Hoppes Cleaning Solvent, a bore snake, and Rem Oil for my Rem 700 barrel. any suggestions?
-
i dont own any modern bolt guns, just a mosin. after a thorough cleaning and application it felt just ok. after a little shooting it 'melted into' the metal and smoothed up everything like it claims. after a hot range session it made a big difference. definitely worked better than all the clp's i have. but then again lots of guys with bolt guns use special bolt grease, not thin clp's. not sure how it compares to those.
-
I use it on my Weatherby 308, works great on there as well as all of my other firearms.
-
I just started using it on my AR and Tikka T3 (.270).
I'm not sold on its protective properties regarding corrosion, but my BCG wipes clean. No scrubbing. Actions smooth out big time after the first couple of range sessions. Takes some heat to get things sliding around. I'm not sure how effective (if at all) it is on copper removal. I'm hoping that it prevents copper build up in the first place.
Big reason I bought it was that it is non-toxic. I have 2 young ones running around, and I don't need additional harmful chemicals around.
-
Which shop carries it? I prefer using non-toxic products too.
-
Which shop carries it? I prefer using non-toxic products too.
Only found it online. Amazon has it with free shipping sometimes. Check YouTube for application tips.
-
Honolulu Firearms & Range has a good selection at a little below MSRP last time I purchased some.