Sig p226 what is it worth? (Read 4840 times)

talula

Sig p226 what is it worth?
« on: April 30, 2015, 09:43:29 PM »
Stumbled across this fine piece. Is this something people are interested in or is it only sentimental value? 
Every ones a good person. You just might be catching them in a bad time of their life.

ren

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »
that's cool...when did you go to BUDS?
Deeds Not Words

talula

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »
that's cool...when did you go to BUDS?
When I was looking for heads.
Every ones a good person. You just might be catching them in a bad time of their life.

macsak

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
that's cool...when did you go to BUDS?

buds

macsak

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 10:04:37 PM »
When I was looking for heads.

heads

dustoff003

Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
Bra I'd like to know where you were stumbling...? It is only worth what someone would pay you for it. Unless you have history/provenance on the piece the value to me wouldn't be more that a uninscribed pistol. It is probably a group buy from SEAL team two and Sig most likely engraved it. My task force got SP2022's with our logo and operation name on them from Sig after my last deployment. Me personally I would buy it because it has the Trident on it and I am not worthy of rating that badge and I respect those who are. I'd hate to get called out or asked how I came by the pistol one day at the range.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:15:53 PM by dustoff003 »

talula

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »
Bra I'd like to know where you were stumbling...? It is only worth what someone would pay you for it. Unless you have history/provenance on the piece the value to me wouldn't be more that a uninscribed pistol. It is probably a group buy from SEAL team two and Sig most likely engraved it. My task force got SP2022's with our logo and operation name on them from Sig after my last deployment. Me personally I would buy it because it has the Trident on it and I am not worthy of rating that badge and I respect those who are. I'd hate to get called out or asked how I came by the pistol one day at the range.
That's exactly his story. I was trying to find someone to help validate his story. As for how I came to owne it is simple. I was nice enough to help out a stranger in a bad spot. Took a chance and gave him some cash to get him out of a jam. Even offered to return it when when things get better. He was happy that a stranger was wiling to help him out. Not only do I have a pistol but now have a cool friend.
Every ones a good person. You just might be catching them in a bad time of their life.

dustoff003

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:32:34 PM »

That's exactly his story. I was trying to find someone to help validate his story. As for how I came to owne it is simple. I was nice enough to help out a stranger in a bad spot. Took a chance and gave him some cash to get him out of a jam. Even offered to return it when when things get better. He was happy that a stranger was wiling to help him out. Not only do I have a pistol but now have a cool friend.
cool story good on you, I hope it works out for all.

Bota-CS1

Re: Sig p226 what is it worth?
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:35:26 PM »
That's exactly his story. I was trying to find someone to help validate his story. As for how I came to owne it is simple. I was nice enough to help out a stranger in a bad spot. Took a chance and gave him some cash to get him out of a jam. Even offered to return it when when things get better. He was happy that a stranger was wiling to help him out. Not only do I have a pistol but now have a cool friend.

You can email Don Shipley.  You may be able to validate 1/2 of the guys story or all of it.  Keep it, don't sell it.  If it's real, and it were mine it'd be a safe queen.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.