Stipple job, polymer modification review, modifications by J.A.D (Read 6699 times)

beauchat

I just wanted to share a review of a stipple job done by my buddy J.A.D. He did a custom job on my XD which came out great. I really like the pattern that he puts because its not too aggressive but its just enough for a secure and permanent grip. The pattern also really looks great. The stipple job is all custom and he will work with you to put the grip enhancement where you need it and none where you dont. He also does magwell fill ins and magwell  cutouts,  de horning, opening the mag release area for a more positive extraction (either circle or teardrop), finger groove removal/dehorn, trigger guard customization for glocks, xd, kahr, etc. Definitely a worthwile investment for a gun that you train with and plan to stake your life on. Pm me for his info if your interested.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:36:57 AM by beauchat »

macsak

Re: Stipple job, polymer modification review by J.A.D
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:36:13 AM »
I just wanted to share a review of a stipple job done by my buddy J.A.D. He did a custom job on my XD which came out great. I really like the pattern that he puts because its not too aggressive but its just enough for a secure and permanent grip. The pattern also really looks great. The stipple job is all custom and he will work with you to put the grip enhancement where you need it and none where you dont. He also does magwell fill ins and magwell  cutouts,  de horning, opening the mag release area for a more positive extraction (either circle or teardrop), finger groove removal/dehorn, trigger guard customization for glocks, xd, kahr, etc. Definitely a worthwile investment for a gun that you train with and plan to stake your life on. Pm me for his info if your interested.

wow, is he local?

beauchat

Re: Stipple job, polymer modification review, modifications by J.A.D
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »
yup sure is.

macsak

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »

yup sure is.

Awesome
What's his work experience like?
On his own or worked with someone on the mainland?
You should invite him to hang out here and show some of his work

beauchat

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
Ill definitely invite him to show his work. I know hes worked at a shop in the mainland.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:57:06 PM by beauchat »

Dohertyusmc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rook Gunworx & Design
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »
Thank You to Beauchat for the favorable review of his XD and to Macsak for the interest. I had actually typed up a long post and while trying to post photos it was lost. So i will repost my information tomorrow Macsak. I tried to post a few examples of our work but all our photos are too large so i put together  FB with  examples. Again I will post all the information tomorrow morning sometime. Thank You for your patience and interest!

Any questions please feel free to contact me DohertyUSMC@Gmail.com
Check our work:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rook-Gunworx-Design/286167008212871
Respectfully,
Doherty J.
"Trína chéile a thógtar na caisleáin"
"Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Dohertyusmc

• Rook Gunworx & Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
wow, is he local?

I want to start by thanking Beauchat for the favorable review of the work performed on his XD and also to Macsak for showing interest. I’ve posted a few pics below and also a FB link so please check it out. The page is public so you don’t even need a FB account. We aren’t launching anything officially just a few guys that are firearms enthusiast and enjoy the art of firearm modification as I like to call it. At this point we have a website that we haven’t published yet and we are registered with the state of Hawaii. Really only thing holding us up is of course Hawaii’s 01 ffl Laws. My work bench is in Manoa and @ this time I am not looking to get a store front which throws a monkey wrench in the whole FFL deal. Most of the work we do is not on a controlled items or if it is, to stay within the laws its same day service. With longs guns there is more wiggle room since your allowed by law to let another person that holds a long gun permit to borrow your firearm for a period of time. To answer your question Macsak about experience I am not a Gunsmith. Growing up I had worked with a very good Smith up in PA. He had taken me under his wing taught me all the really important shit like how to sweep and how to order the old guys sandwiches from the local deli lol you get the idea. He was an old former Marine and he knew I was looking to ship out for the corps when I became of age so he mainly concentrated on keeping my ass in line and making sure I stayed out of trouble. Most my time there was spent watching the old timers turn out gorgeous rifles, repair various items and reload custom hunting loads for customers. There was a lot quizzes and a lot of get the hell out my ways. Just about the only thing they allowed me to do was Bore sight the “Flatlanders”(Hunters from NYC) rifles during deer and black bear season. A real good group of old timers kinda guys that have so much information they’ll sit around make your ears bleed from data overload. It’s a phone number I keep close to my desk they have helped me out more than once. I was 0341 Infantry/ Forward Observer with a line company in “stonewall” 2/8 out of Lejeune. While forward deployed to Haiti I spent time in the base armory when I wasn’t on ERT. Again just basic Inventory, maitenance and cleaning lots of cleaning lol.  Most of my experience came from working on my own cache of firearms. At the age 14  my very first gun mod was on an old K98 Mauser. I profiled the stock to sporterized it, safe to say it wasn’t a thing of beauty and later on the old timers helped me repair the damage I had caused. Over the years I just read and studied and practiced a lot of course making mistakes along the way.  There will be those guys that will take up a grudge with the fact I am not a Gunsmith, I believe it really it comes down to letting your work speak for itself. If you provide a professional service and put out good work word will get around. I enjoy the art of gun mods and repairing a various assortment of firearms. I believe the goal should be both form and function. You’re only going to carry what your proud of and what that is better function flawlessly every time be it for hunting, self-defense or duty carry. Hopefully I can get out to a few armories certifications courses this summer. I do qualify for Glocks armory class so I am going to try to find one on the east coast when I head home for vacation. As I pick up any certifications I’ll make sure to update the FB page and website.

If you anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to email me my personal email is DohertyUSMC@Gmail.com
I can promise you a few things in dealing with us. Were not gun snobs… we are easy going guys not the “Know it all dudes” we truly love collecting, hunting and working on all kinds of projects. I will never take on a project that I am not 100% confident of completing. I’ll be the first to tell you if it’s out of my skill level and I will try to direct you to someone who can help. I don’t do anything I haven’t done before to mine own firearms or for other customers and I usually have a few examples around for you to check out.  I will bend over backwards to help you in any way I can. If you’re looking to tackle your own Modz and want some tips or want to check out how I do things I will take the time and sit down with you. I have no problem showing  you how I go about it. I am open book none of this stuff is secret there’s a 1000 YouTube videos out there just takes practice. Again Thank you guys and hope you like the pics and I’ll see you around on the range, one of the hunting areas or hell 2A Hawaii ……Aloha I think that might be the most I’ve typed in 5 years I apologize for the numerous grammar mistakes. Aloha

Respectfully,
Doherty JT

1.Glock 26 Grip Reduction/ Mod-S2 Stipple/ Moon Cutz/ Triggerguard Profile & undercut/ Mag Release recessed
2.Glock 22 Mod-S1 Grip panel stippling
3..Glock 22 Mod-S1 Grip panel stippling
4. Glock slide Contoured(dehorned)/ Lighting cutz
5. FCP .338 Lapua Rifle Texturing (MarineTEx)
6.Ground up 300 ACC Blackout build
7. AR trigger job/ Trigger sear Polished/ Trigger face polished and blued

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rook-Gunworx-Design/286167008212871
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:55:23 PM by Dohertyusmc »
Respectfully,
Doherty J.

Dohertyusmc

• Rook Gunworx & Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »
Rook Gunworx& Design
1. XD Mod-S2 Stippling
2.Glock Build Phantom Trigger upgrade/ Billet Mag release/ Titanium Pin set/ Vickers slide release/ 3.5 lb zev Connetor/ NDZ buffer  spring stainless/Stippling/ Contouring before it was sent out to RLI/ Moore Tactical Coatings
3. Restored Mosin 91/30 Buttplate
4 Mas 49/56 20 round Mag. Built combining two 10 round mags. (no one sell those)
5.Glock 26 build
6.Hammerless pre1899 IJ Stripped to be restored.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:42:38 PM by Dohertyusmc »
Respectfully,
Doherty J.

macsak

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »
I want to start by thanking Beauchat for the favorable review of the work performed on his XD and also to Macsak for showing interest. I’ve posted a few pics below and also a FB link so please check it out. The page is public so you don’t even need a FB account. We aren’t launching anything officially just a few guys that are firearms enthusiast and enjoy the art of firearm modification as I like to call it. At this point we have a website that we haven’t published yet and we are registered with the state of Hawaii. Really only thing holding us up is of course Hawaii’s 01 ffl Laws. My work bench is in Manoa and @ this time I am not looking to get a store front which throws a monkey wrench in the whole FFL deal. Most of the work we do is not on a controlled items or if it is, to stay within the laws its same day service. With longs guns there is more wiggle room since your allowed by law to let another person that holds a long gun permit to borrow your firearm for a period of time. To answer your question Macsak about experience I am not a Gunsmith. Growing up I had worked with a very good Smith up in PA. He had taken me under his wing taught me all the really important shit like how to sweep and how to order the old guys sandwiches from the local deli lol you get the idea. He was an old former Marine and he knew I was looking to ship out for the corps when I became of age so he mainly concentrated on keeping my ass in line and making sure I stayed out of trouble. Most my time there was spent watching the old timers turn out gorgeous rifles, repair various items and reload custom hunting loads for customers. There was a lot quizzes and a lot of get the hell out my ways. Just about the only thing they allowed me to do was Bore sight the “Flatlanders”(Hunters from NYC) rifles during deer and black bear season. A real good group of old timers kinda guys that have so much information they’ll sit around make your ears bleed from data overload. It’s a phone number I keep close to my desk they have helped me out more than once. I was 0341 Infantry/ Forward Observer with a line company in “stonewall” 2/8 out of Lejeune. While forward deployed to Haiti I spent time in the base armory when I wasn’t on ERT. Again just basic Inventory, maitenance and cleaning lots of cleaning lol.  Most of my experience came from working on my own cache of firearms. At the age 14  my very first gun mod was on an old K98 Mauser. I profiled the stock to sporterized it, safe to say it wasn’t a thing of beauty and later on the old timers helped me repair the damage I had caused. Over the years I just read and studied and practiced a lot of course making mistakes along the way.  There will be those guys that will take up a grudge with the fact I am not a Gunsmith, I believe it really it comes down to letting your work speak for itself. If you provide a professional service and put out good work word will get around. I enjoy the art of gun mods and repairing a various assortment of firearms. I believe the goal should be both form and function. You’re only going to carry what your proud of and what that is better function flawlessly every time be it for hunting, self-defense or duty carry. Hopefully I can get out to a few armories certifications courses this summer. I do qualify for Glocks armory class so I am going to try to find one on the east coast when I head home for vacation. As I pick up any certifications I’ll make sure to update the FB page and website.

If you anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to email me my personal email is DohertyUSMC@Gmail.com
I can promise you a few things in dealing with us. Were not gun snobs… we are easy going guys not the “Know it all dudes” we truly love collecting, hunting and working on all kinds of projects. I will never take on a project that I am not 100% confident of completing. I’ll be the first to tell you if it’s out of my skill level and I will try to direct you to someone who can help. I don’t do anything I haven’t done before to mine own firearms or for other customers and I usually have a few examples around for you to check out.  I will bend over backwards to help you in any way I can. If you’re looking to tackle your own Modz and want some tips or want to check out how I do things I will take the time and sit down with you. I have no problem showing  you how I go about it. I am open book none of this stuff is secret there’s a 1000 YouTube videos out there just takes practice. Again Thank you guys and hope you like the pics and I’ll see you around on the range, one of the hunting areas or hell 2A Hawaii ……Aloha I think that might be the most I’ve typed in 5 years I apologize for the numerous grammar mistakes. Aloha

Respectfully,
Doherty JT

1.Glock 26 Grip Reduction/ Mod-S2 Stipple/ Moon Cutz/ Triggerguard Profile & undercut/ Mag Release recessed
2.Glock 22 Mod-S1 Grip panel stippling
3..Glock 22 Mod-S1 Grip panel stippling
4. Glock slide Contoured(dehorned)/ Lighting cutz
5. FCP .338 Lapua Rifle Texturing (MarineTEx)
6.Ground up 300 ACC Blackout build
7. AR trigger job/ Trigger sear Polished/ Trigger face polished and blued

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rook-Gunworx-Design/286167008212871

great story, man
looks like the "old-timers" showed you the right way to do things and the right way to treat people
looking forward to meeting you one day
we're having a get-together on friday in pearl city
pm me for more details

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 07:07:02 PM »
Sweet work sent u a email

Dohertyusmc

• Rook Gunworx & Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »
 Wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for the interest I've gotten in the recent days. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you, again thank you!

Respectfully,
Doherty J.

Dohertyusmc

• Rook Gunworx & Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
Uploading a few more examples of the different jobs we have taken on or that we have just finished in the last week. Is there a certain section that we should be posting info and current projects? Is there a Project Page?? Be nice to see what every one once was working on!!

1. Mossberg 500 Full Dissemble/ Cleaning/ Action smoothed/ Bolt polished/ Trigger adjustment
2. Mossberg Finished
3. 1851 Navy Indian Head Nickel Grips
4. Mosin 91/30 Bolt the before. bolt was brought to us after a botched bent bolt attempt
5. Mosin 91/30 Finished Sal Guerrierra's (Our Metal Man) Skillful work. Also was able to hunt down the extractor since it was broke with the correct markings for the rifle.

Respectfully,
Doherty J.

DohertyUSMC@Gmail.com
Rook Gunworx & Design
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rook-Gunworx-Design/286167008212871?ref=hl
Respectfully,
Doherty J.

Reeves1

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
 :shaka: I saw this review by beauchat and really liked the work. So I gave Jad a call and set up to get my glock 19 frame stippled. I really like the end product super grippy and looks awesome. Jad is really easy to work with and helped me get my glock where I wanted it to be. I appreciate the work from Jad and will definately hit him up for more custom work.  :worship:

dirsh

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 12:22:37 AM »
Looks like some quality work. I may have to do mines some day. How is it shooting the gun barehanded?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

Dohertyusmc

• Rook Gunworx & Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
Dirsh the Micro Dot pattern i use doesn't cut into your bare hands.  I have examples if you'd like to further look into customizing your polymer pistol. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Respectfully,
Doherty J.

beauchat

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 09:11:48 AM »
Please refer below to the vendors page under ROOKWORX. His work is top notch. On par with the top polymer fabricators in the industry boresight, SSVi, works armament.