Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE! (Read 55884 times)

Garuda

Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE!
« on: May 11, 2016, 07:46:46 AM »
This is an announcement to warn all other 2ahawaii members to not do business with this company.

It's sad that a group in the firearms community would engage in deceptive business practices, but it is what is. 

I gave lots cash and received a receipt on 3/31/16 for an ammo preorder that was supposed to be in by 4/12, with the second order arriving on 4/19.  I am one of 4 or 5 others that also did the same and have not received ammo nor a refund.

4/12 came and went.  I was told along with others that the "wrong," order came in.  Wrong calibres, aluminum cased instead of brass.  They said they had no idea when another order was coming in as that order had to be sent back. 

4/19. That day came and went and that order was wrong too.  How an order can be so messed up in today's technological world when you have SKUs and a spreadsheet with email is beyond me. 

A week or so ago I was told the ammo came in, and we could pick up.  A couple of hours later the pickup could not me done because the owner got held up by a customer. 

So we try for Saturday morning.  "Oh, my partner put another lock on the storage facility and I can't get to it.  Partner is off island."

I called for a refund or to pick up ammo and was told some ammo came in.  Ok I'll pick up the next day.  Spoke with a worker there again a few hours later and was told the owner Darin, would call me back. No call yesterday. 

I work in business. You buy product, you want to turn product in order to turn a profit, so you can buy more product and continue the cycle.  I have not been given a concrete date on when ammo would arrive.  I'm being given the run around on getting my refund. 

To be honest, I would have appreciated an, "the order got screwed up, I don't know when it's coming in, you can choose to wait or get a refund."  That has not been given, and honestly at this point I know I'm being dicked around.

I post this to warn others about the POOR business practices of Hawaii on target.  I encourage others to not do business as their customer service is essentially nonexistent. 

At this point I know my deposit is most likely being used to fund some other stuff interest fee. 

I'm in the process of seeking legal action. 

Anyone else in the same boat as me feel free to reply to this thread. 

dustoff003

Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:26 AM »
BOOM...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You are right it is sad/shitty that you are being done like that, one thing is once stuff like this is done it's a small island and once your reputation or the rep of your company is damaged its hard to recover.

I have heard other rumblings of deals gone bad and people done wrong by HI on TGT and its proprietor besides you maybe they will chime in.

This is enough for me not to patronize their business or solicit their services.

Hopefully your $$$$ isn't funding HI on TGT's radio advertising campaign that forces me to change channels when it airs.

Best of luck with recovering your funds and or ammo. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:54:56 AM by dustoff003 »

Garuda

Re: Hawaii on target BUYER BEWARE!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:48:55 AM »
Thanks Dustoff.  Pretty sure that's where our money went. 

Second message left.  No call back yet.  They opened 45 minutes ago. 

Clearly they don't give a rip about the customer.  No contact/apology/refund offered.  NOTHING to make it right, no urgency to close the sale.

jaynick

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »
i also ordered a few cases and havent received anything.
i messaged them once, 2 weeks ago and was told it was coming in the following week and that they got the wrong order shipped to them or something. ive been busy during the day for pickup so i havent bothered since then but i am getting wary.

Garuda

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »
Jay nick, I hope you get your stuff. 

The owner just reached out to me and said will be getting a refund back this week. I'll keep everyone posted.

I am not a difficult customer I've ordered handguns from other vendors. They said 2 months. It took 4.  It wasn't a problem because they said straight up a little longer.

My beef with HI on tgt is the stories aren't straight. "We got the wrong order it's going to take much longer to come in. (3weeks go by) It's in. Oh you can pick up now. Oh I'm busy. Oh there's a lock on the storage.  Oh some of the ammo is in" 

If it's in and it took over a month later you'd think they'd do everything they can to get orders delivered. I don't believe the ammo is in. Maybe it's sitting somewhere in another state.

I know when I'm getting stroked. Not worth it regardless of price.

London808

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:55 AM »
If you dont mind can i ask how you paid ? If it was by card i would recommend contacting your card company they will be able to initiate an investigation and make sure you get your money back.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Garuda

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
If you dont mind can i ask how you paid ? If it was by card i would recommend contacting your card company they will be able to initiate an investigation and make sure you get your money back.

It was cash...... was recommended so I thought it was good.  :(

dustoff003

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
Was this ammo sale offered through a post on this forum?

Garuda

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 07:35:51 PM »
Was this ammo sale offered through a post on this forum?

No. I heard from somewhere else.

ren

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 08:29:17 PM »
Deeds Not Words

Garuda

paka808

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 09:47:28 PM »
Damn,i hope the store owners,mans up and gives all who invested there money back or the ammo,i just was looking at there site last week, looking into there classes ..So thank you for bringing this to our attention.don't want to pay for a class that will never happen.. :shaka:

Garuda

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 10:05:56 PM »
To those who have ordered but haven't received product or a call. 

Keep in mind, I've been told 3 times in the last 10 days that some ammo came in.  Once or twice from the owner, and from another employee. 

From a business standpoint, what is the advantage to having customers money and not delivering product if it is in fact in?  It doesn't make sense.  Clearly margins are tight on ammo.  The only way to make money is by volume.  Turn inventory as many times as possible per month.  If you don't, you can't free up funds to restock shelves, opportunity cost is lost, space is lost (it takes up space on the floor or worse, you pay for another lot to store it). 

Has anyone dealt with any other shop that has said, "some ammo has come in, but doesn't tell you to come pick up?"  It don't add up. It's either "it's not in yet," or "it's here come and get it". I'm confused.   :-\

841gun

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 10:50:47 PM »
Guys please see my post in "General"

ren

Deeds Not Words

surfer22

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 12:05:41 PM »
I ordered ammo as well and have been given the same excuses. If I was the owner I would be proactive in keeping my customers aware of the situation and shipment issues, instead of having the customer need to continue to call in and inquire as to what's going on when it's nearly a month past the original arrival date. It really seems like something fishy is going on here. I will not be ordering anything else from Hawaii on target regardless of the price and I will recommend that my friends do the same.

surfmaster

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 01:02:07 PM »
I've never done business with Hawaii on Target, and based on the reviews here, I doubt I ever will.

It appears they may be doing business on the model that they want you, the customer, to front the money first and then you get the product later. In other words, they want to use your money as the principal in order to run their business. If so, this business model is flawed.

Reason is new customer money is used to finance PAST operations. New customers who have prepaid will not get their stuff because now your new order is a drain on the company's resources as the company is trying to catch up on PAST orders.

I'm not saying this is their business model, but it sure sounds similar. It's better if a business uses their money to avoid having to use new customer funds.

Again, this is just a theory. Food for thought. That's all.

dustoff003

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »
^^^ponzi model^^^
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

Teichi

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
I prepaid for pistol powder last year also. I was given the same excuses. I still have the receipt too. I chalked it up as a bad deal and won't be doing business with them again.

jc2721

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 04:07:16 PM »
I prepaid for pistol powder last year also. I was given the same excuses. I still have the receipt too. I chalked it up as a bad deal and won't be doing business with them again.
Ouch!  Dammit, I'd want some restitution!