SCOTUS takes NY 2A case (Read 4131 times)

mrgaf

Re: SCOTUS takes NY 2A case
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 05:47:15 PM »
The Democrats weigh in with their brief to SCOTUS re NYSRPA. Gee, who'd 'o thunk this is what they'd argue before the court?

Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to Supreme Court: ‘Heal’ or face restructuring

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-dems-deliver-stunning-warning-to-supreme-court-heal-or-face-restructuring

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.

"The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it," the brief said. "Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'" [That these political hacks can write that and keep a straight face is amazing!]

Dang! Ya beat me to it!  :shaka: these libertard SOB’s need to be hung by their heels and their collective heads buried up to their nostrils in a fire ant hill... for starters I might add......
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Charles Nichols

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 12:50:57 PM »
Oral argument calendared for December 2nd.

punaperson

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2019, 01:34:23 AM »
Oral argument calendared for December 2nd.
Sure wish they had video at SCOTUS... I'd really like to see the facial expressions of the justices and attorneys as they trade comments.