Weapon light mount (Read 548 times)

spicynoodle_1

Weapon light mount
« on: December 27, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
I just bought an Arisaka super low profile light mount for one of my home defense ARs. And I love it. I have an older HSP Thorntail mount on a BCM that I have with an old M951. Kinda bulky, not too much but nothing like this Protac/Arisaka offset mount combo. Add pics later. Having trouble. Just wondering what light/mount you guys run on your rifles and thought I'd share my setup...

ren

Re: Weapon light mount
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
Surefire M951s with Malkoffs LED upgrade heAds. Solid as a rock and can be used as a rock

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
Rajah dat on the LEDs. Gotta get that upgrade yet. I'm still running the old school bulbs. Got LED on the streamlight and it's super bright. +1 for the 'solid as a rock' tho. It's taken a beating over the years, some chips in the aluminum but still running...

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 10:59:37 PM »
Depends what light you’re working with and what orientation you want for your light. I have two with X300s (both ultra and original versions) and they have held up well. One had to be sent back to Surefire for replacing the end plate, but with 5.56/.223 they are solid.

I also have a Surefire G2 in Haley Thorntail and Surefire M600DF with Arisaka offset mount. All have been through carbine courses and still going strong. Two have been through no/low light courses.

The X300s and Streamlight TLRs get talked down upon as not being able to withstand recoil, but my X300s on ARs and pistols have held up fine.TLR one rifles and pistols fine as well. I mean I get “solid as a rock” performance and value tried and tested stuff. But I also go by what I’ve tried and tested. And I haven’t been  “in the weeds” with this stuff, but have lots of buddies who have.

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »

drck1000

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:39:40 AM »
Success!!!

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »
Success!!!

Try using the BBCode link instead.  That'll provide an inline preview so no one has to click the imgur link.

:thumbsup:

Liberal:  Someone who is passionately concerned with issues about which they know absolutely nothing.

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 01:55:38 PM »
I have streamlight on arisaka mounts positioning them at the 1:00 side and same deal with my Haley thorntail. I also have like 3 old surefire m951s (two of them have upgraded bulbs) and they just sit on the 3:00. Wished they had a more narrow and stronger beam, more candela.