what's a good edc gun belt? (Read 657 times)

glockfanboy808

what's a good edc gun belt?
« on: July 26, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »
Whats a good edc gun belt? Hows the blackhawk riggers belt?

Sheppard

Re: what's a good edc gun belt?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
SafeLife Defense Tactical belt with MOLLE webbing. hoslter is G19 gen5 with OLight Baldr Pro in a Carbon Fiber Black Safariland SLS Lvl 2 Hood and QLS-4 kit. Mag holster is matching color for a double stack 9/40mm

Also, the inner belt is velcro and can be used as a edc belt as well. the molle / outter belt is perfect for range or duty use.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:35:26 AM by Sheppard »

zippz

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
This is a new EDC belt I'm trying for CCW though I haven't shot with it yet.  It's a ratchet 1 3/8" belt that is fairly stiff.  Well built and has good reviews. Also sold on Amazon.
Lots of different types here:
https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/edc-belts

This is the belt I got:

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
Whats a good edc gun belt? Hows the blackhawk riggers belt?

EDC can include many styles and materials.  For business/casual, I wear a black leather 1.5" double-thick leather belt.

If you want a good-looking, great wearing, functional gun belt, there are several makers.  One of mine is from The Belt Man that I ordered in 2014.  Looking at their website, the prices are still the same.  Not sure about shipping.  I paid $7 Flat Rate USPS Priority Shipping.

https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/quick-ship-belts/products/quick-ship-bullhide-gun-belt

Still have it, and it's holding up great.

I didn't get the extra stiffener option, but if I get another, I might do that to see if it really helps extend wear life.  These belts are already nearly impossible to bend in half top to bottom.

The main thing is make sure you know what width belt loops the pants you normally wear have.  The wider, the better, to support a concealed holster with gun plus a loaded mag or two if you like. 

Another thing to look for in a leather belt is the number of holes & distance apart.  More holes closer together helps ensure you can adjust the belt closer to its optimum tightness.  The Belt Man version I have comes with 7 holes with 3/4" on center spacing.  Most fashion belts seem to come with 1" spacing.

Don't try using a narrower belt with wider loops.  You'll have a tough time keeping the attached accessories from flopping over. Get a belt that fits each of the loop widths you have in your closet.

Just my experience.  YMMV
"That's what laws are for...  If the right people don't break 'em, they're of no use whatsoever.""

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:03:33 PM »
Been using the SuperBio from Daltech for a couple of years now. Other than some scuffing from everyday use and work, it's still solid.  It looks like a regular belt, but nice and solid for carry as well. 

https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts/products/superbio-black

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Everything Around a Pigs Ass is Pork
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 03:58:11 AM »
EDC can include many styles and materials.  For business/casual, I wear a black leather 1.5" double-thick leather belt.

If you want a good-looking, great wearing, functional gun belt, there are several makers.  One of mine is from The Belt Man that I ordered in 2014.  Looking at their website, the prices are still the same.  Not sure about shipping.  I paid $7 Flat Rate USPS Priority Shipping.

https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/quick-ship-belts/products/quick-ship-bullhide-gun-belt

Still have it, and it's holding up great.

I didn't get the extra stiffener option, but if I get another, I might do that to see if it really helps extend wear life.  These belts are already nearly impossible to bend in half top to bottom.

The main thing is make sure you know what width belt loops the pants you normally wear have.  The wider, the better, to support a concealed holster with gun plus a loaded mag or two if you like. 

Another thing to look for in a leather belt is the number of holes & distance apart.  More holes closer together helps ensure you can adjust the belt closer to its optimum tightness.  The Belt Man version I have comes with 7 holes with 3/4" on center spacing.  Most fashion belts seem to come with 1" spacing.

Don't try using a narrower belt with wider loops.  You'll have a tough time keeping the attached accessories from flopping over. Get a belt that fits each of the loop widths you have in your closet.

Just my experience.  YMMV
I have been doing my research on this subject along with a holster. I decided on leather instead of nylon or other materials. I’m considering a belt and holster from Simply Rugged (Thanks Stang). I’m also considering a holster from another company but the belt for me is just as important. And I think the right leather belt is how i am going to roll.
Officially Retired and living in the free state of Arizona.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »
One other point about The Belt Man.  They offer a "shortening service" for $20 that includes labor and return shipping.  If you need a belt that you bought from them shortened by 2", 4", 6", or any length above 6" in 1" increments, they can do it with a 2-day turnaround.

That's one way to make sure your investment in a relatively expensive gun belt lasts.  You may have ordered the belt too large and have run out of adjustment holes, or you may have lost a bunch of weight.  You could also have given/sold it to someone else with a smaller waist size, and they need it resized.

Not pushing this company. Just passing on what I liked when I decided to go with their belts.

YMMV.

"That's what laws are for...  If the right people don't break 'em, they're of no use whatsoever.""

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Everything Around a Pigs Ass is Pork
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 02:08:02 PM »
One other point about The Belt Man.  They offer a "shortening service" for $20 that includes labor and return shipping.  If you need a belt that you bought from them shortened by 2", 4", 6", or any length above 6" in 1" increments, they can do it with a 2-day turnaround.

That's one way to make sure your investment in a relatively expensive gun belt lasts.  You may have ordered the belt too large and have run out of adjustment holes, or you may have lost a bunch of weight.  You could also have given/sold it to someone else with a smaller waist size, and they need it resized.

Not pushing this company. Just passing on what I liked when I decided to go with their belts.

YMMV.

Well, that’s good to know cuz I have lost 20 pounds since I left the islands. And I apparently am not stopping anytime soon as I am not trying to lose weight and it keeps coming off.
Officially Retired and living in the free state of Arizona.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:55 PM »
I have had this for at least 5 years, probably longer. Looks like leather but not susceptible to any of the problems with leather. Very flexible in the direction you want it and very stiff in the direction you need it. 5.11 makes one out of a similar or the same material.
https://www.maxpedition.com/products/1-25-liger-gun-belt?variant=31909408593

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 07:34:23 AM »
Well, that’s good to know cuz I have lost 20 pounds since I left the islands. And I apparently am not stopping anytime soon as I am not trying to lose weight and it keeps coming off.
Hopefully the weight loss is a good thing.  At one time, I had a bet to lose like 25 lbs in about 3-4 months.  I was exercising religiously and pretty strict diet.  It was gradual, but I got it done.  When I was near to my goal, I started getting some questions about my health as a sudden drop in weight like that sometimes isn't good.

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 07:37:27 AM »
For me, I use nylon belts with web stiffeners.  I have a few brands.  Volund, Rifle Gear, etc.  I should look to getting new belts as even these belts with stiffeners get deformed after years of use since I use them for other than carrying. 

zippz

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 12:47:27 PM »
Review of some good belts.  I have the nexbelt.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Heavies

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 09:11:24 PM »
Review of some good belts.  I have the nexbelt.

nexbelt looks cool.  How long have you had it, and how is it holding up?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:16:47 PM by Heavies »