Poll

If you had the chance right now, would you take a covid vaccine shot?

yes
25.9%
no
74.1%
Total Members Voted

Voting closed: February 28, 2021, 10:10:49 AM

Would You Take The Vaccine? yes-no? (Read 1730 times)

funguysamurai808

Re: Would You Take The Vaccine? yes-no?
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 02:13:31 PM »

Thanks for all the opinions and points of view.
I'm still debating with myself whether or not to get it.
At my age, I lead a rather mundane lifestyle and go to work in a secured room.
I'm well stocked on Microban, Lysol and alcohol.
Given my particular circumstances, I'm leaning towards not getting the shot yet.

=================

I respect your decision. If you live alone, don't go outside, have no family and friends then yes no need vaccination. But, if you have friends and family who are considered high-risk and they live with you or visit, I would reconsider as you can be a carrier and spread it to them as many of the positive cases are clusters due to people gathering. High risk are folks with pre-exisitng conditions such as weak immune system, cancer survivor, Type II diabetic etc. 

Majority of hospitalizations and deaths equals to patients having pre-existing health conditions. Too much rice and stress, not enough exercise. The best thing you can do to fight COVID is to get into the healthiest version you can get mentally, internally and physically. 

Kuleana

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2021, 02:51:52 PM »
In all honesty, it still will be a few more years before the entire planet can get to some sort of pre-Covid-19 socio-economic normalcy, with or without herd immunity.  Until that time, preventive measures should be appropriately practiced, as there will be many new treatments and updated vaccine versions developed, as more empirical data from both the survivors and fatalities, of that virus, are documented.

Based on that premise and in the short-term, I will still probably be practicing prevention and rely on the rapidly increasing number of treatments that are being discovered, should I have the misfortune of contracting the virus.  In the long-term, I will most likely get vaccinated with the latest version, of the Covid-19 vaccine, at year five or later.  In my projection, the availability of reliable global data regarding the virus, the survivors, and fatalities will be available, at that time.  Hence, not saying the current iteration of the Covid-19 vaccine is not safe, but the researchers then will probably/hopefully be able to develop a much more safer and reliable vaccine with less potential side effects.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »
Thanks for all the opinions and points of view.
I'm still debating with myself whether or not to get it.
At my age, I lead a rather mundane lifestyle and go to work in a secured room.
I'm well stocked on Microban, Lysol and alcohol.
Given my particular circumstances, I'm leaning towards not getting the shot yet.

The vaccine notwithstanding, it's a good idea to continue to eradicate ALL germs/bacteria/viruses by thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing common areas. 

Then again, anyone growing up in a quasi-sterile environment can fail to develop the immunities needed for common diseases, making it worse WHEN/IF they contract something.

We can't win, can we?   :shake:
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Everything Around a Pigs Ass is Pork
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
Based on my age and my basic health I would not normally even consider getting it. But with my wife being an at risk person I don’t want to accidentally bring it home to her. I want to do everything I can to prevent her getting it from me. So I think my best chance of not doing that will be if I get vaccinated. Hopefully at the same time she gets her vaccine.
Officially Retired and living in the free state of Arizona.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 06:05:37 PM »
Based on my age and my basic health I would not normally even consider getting it. But with my wife being an at risk person I don’t want to accidentally bring it home to her. I want to do everything I can to prevent her getting it from me. So I think my best chance of not doing that will be if I get vaccinated. Hopefully at the same time she gets her vaccine.

You could hold your breath around her.   :geekdanc: :shaka:

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 03:12:46 AM »
You could hold your breath around her.   :geekdanc: :shaka:
I thought you were going to tell me to keep it in my pants!  :rofl:

oldfart

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 08:41:11 AM »
The vaccine notwithstanding, it's a good idea to continue to eradicate ALL germs/bacteria/viruses by thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing common areas. 

Then again, anyone growing up in a quasi-sterile environment can fail to develop the immunities needed for common diseases, making it worse WHEN/IF they contract something.

We can't win, can we?   :shake:
I also believe in natural immunity so I have no problem playing with the dog and picking up his crap.
I believe in the 5 second rule. Especially  if it's shrimp or charsiu.
Ie. I am not a germophobe.
I think everyone should evaluate their individual situation and weigh the factors.
Eg.
If you contact many people on a daily basis, then get it asap.

What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 09:08:26 AM »
Yep, this is why if my wife has an opportunity to get vaccinated, I'd encourage her to do so.  She works for an Electrical contractor and the boys are constantly going in and out of the shop and into the office to ask her questions.

When the expeditors are busy she goes outside to receive materials from the supply house. 

Anyway, she is in contact daily with people who are going on and about different places interacting with different people.

I'm retired and no go anywhere aside from the one weekly trip to gas up the car and buy groceries so I feel I can wait until more vaccines are available.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »
My friend is a real doctor and said the best thing you can do for your kids is to have them go outside and play in the dirt.  Not disinfect every thing they touch.  But this was preCovid.

Rocky

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2021, 04:11:41 PM »
I thought you were going to tell me to keep it in my pants!  :rofl:
I'm sure she want's you to do everything you can to prevent her getting it from you too.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My friend is a real doctor and said the best thing you can do for your kids is to have them go outside and play in the dirt.  Not disinfect every thing they touch. 
Yesterday, one of my docs just said the same.

Rockette and I are in the + 60 w/ no real conditions.
Neither of us are interested in getting the Vax.

Our parents let us eat dirt, play in the mud and we drank out of the garden hose.
We rode our bikes w/o helmets, ate road kill and seat belts weren't even invented yet.

The chance of us being 1% of the population that gets infected and part of the .01% of that 1% that dies is probably less than those that get the shot and turn into flesh eating zombies.
Best case scenario is we get to dish out the head shots.
Worst case scenario is we take the head shots with a fever.  :oops:
Bon apetite !
#IHeardOfImmunitySoFBigBroAndMandatoryCompliance.Com
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:24:30 PM by Rocky »
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

QUIETShooter

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 07:07:13 PM »
Small kid time way back then I used to suck the water faucet pipe at school.

I seldom cleaned my fingernails after playing marbles in the dirt and I would eat rice with my hands.

If we skinned our knees and dirt got into them we just shoot it with the water hose.  And then we said "owweeeee......"

We used to play in the sugar cane ditch with the water tainted with fertilizer and heptachlor from the pineapple fields of Wahiawa and Mililani.  Actually there was no Mililani back then, lol!

We all believed in either the 5 second or 3 second or whatever second rule if food fell on the ground.  Hell, some of us didn't care about time.  We just hose um off with water.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 01:20:57 AM »
We all believed in either the 5 second or 3 second or whatever second rule if food fell on the ground.  Hell, some of us didn't care about time.
The older I get the longer the rule gets. Sometimes have to have a 1 minute rule so I can go get something to get the food out from under the furniture.  :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 09:00:49 AM »
The older I get the longer the rule gets. Sometimes have to have a 1 minute rule so I can go get something to get the food out from under the furniture.  :rofl:

Depends.  If it's the last M&M or french fry, it's worth the effort.  If there's plenty more, it stays under wherever it landed until we move or replace that piece of furniture or appliance!

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 09:36:15 AM »
Depends.  If it's the last M&M or french fry, it's worth the effort.  If there's plenty more, it stays under wherever it landed until we move or replace that piece of furniture or appliance!
Or the cat gets to it first...  :rofl:

We are still waiting for our turn to sign up for the vaccine. Problem with living country is Phoenix gets priority.

changemyoil66

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 05:10:16 PM »
Small kid time way back then I used to suck the water faucet pipe at school.

I seldom cleaned my fingernails after playing marbles in the dirt and I would eat rice with my hands.

If we skinned our knees and dirt got into them we just shoot it with the water hose.  And then we said "owweeeee......"

We used to play in the sugar cane ditch with the water tainted with fertilizer and heptachlor from the pineapple fields of Wahiawa and Mililani.  Actually there was no Mililani back then, lol!

We all believed in either the 5 second or 3 second or whatever second rule if food fell on the ground.  Hell, some of us didn't care about time.  We just hose um off with water.
There was always 1 kid who would suck on the faucette.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 07:24:09 AM »
I am going to pass. Not in the danger age and relatively healthy so there is not much to worry about. The possibility of disastrous side effects a few months or years down the line definitely concerns me. These are experimental drugs and I would prefer to be in the control group.

oldfart

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
I took a vaccine on Thursday, but it wasn't for covid.
It was shingrex. It has similar side effects which is why I didn't go to the 2A rally.

sucks to get old
What, Me Worry?

zippz

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2021, 05:41:02 PM »
I'd take the shot after the seniors and relevant medical professionals get theirs.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Kuleana

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2021, 09:18:41 AM »
Based on that premise and in the short-term, I will still probably be practicing prevention and rely on the rapidly increasing number of treatments that are being discovered, should I have the misfortune of contracting the virus.
As I predicted, the prospects of non-vaccine options to Covid-19 will be a reality in the very near future.

Please check-out the latest article regarding findings on Peptides against Covid-19: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/this-drug-might-block-the-coronavirus-without-any-pills-or-injections/ar-BB1dWAyy

macsak

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2021, 11:06:58 AM »
As I predicted, the prospects of non-vaccine options to Covid-19 will be a reality in the very near future.

Please check-out the latest article regarding findings on Peptides against Covid-19: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/this-drug-might-block-the-coronavirus-without-any-pills-or-injections/ar-BB1dWAyy

big pharma and TDS held back hydroxychloroquine since march 2020 and ivermectin since summer ...