17 Safest States After SHTF (Read 885 times)

robtmc

Re: 17 Safest States After SHTF
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 10:26:41 AM »
One of the criteria was a moderate climate.
Weren't Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, and Minnesota on the list?  hard to think of those places without seeing massive blizzards and months of sub-zero weather.

RSN172

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2021, 11:41:31 AM »
I no tink da guy dat wen make da video waz too akamai.
I waz in MN one Novemba an already waz mo colda den one freeza
You can mahke in two ouwa in freezing weatha..

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »
Weren't Idaho, Wyoming, Michigan, and Minnesota on the list?  hard to think of those places without seeing massive blizzards and months of sub-zero weather.
They're counting on the cold to keep the idiots away.  Or so thought Wally Kowalski. . .

I would think those who live out in rural areas of those states would be decently well prepared.  Assuming they are used to the weather and plan accordingly.  That and the winter weather serves as a sort of protection for many months out of the year.  Those from warmer climates would suffer in the cold.  Much like the Starks of Winterfell and dealing with the southern armies.  :P

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2021, 12:28:43 PM »
They're counting on the cold to keep the idiots away.  Or so thought Wally Kowalski. . .

I would think those who live out in rural areas of those states would be decently well prepared.  Assuming they are used to the weather and plan accordingly.  That and the winter weather serves as a sort of protection for many months out of the year.  Those from warmer climates would suffer in the cold.  Much like the Starks of Winterfell and dealing with the southern armies.  :P

Planning is the key to surviving Winter.  Find some large game just prior to the onset, put up some fresh veggies in jars, maybe leave your canned goods for then, and amass a large supply of firewood that's protected from the elements (tarps, plastic sheeting, wood sheds).

One of the hardest tasks in Winter is keeping yourself and your clothing clean.  Dirty clothing is not only unsanitary, but the filth causes the material to wear out quicker.  Clothes need to remain as clean and in good repair as possible to last.  Of course, good hygiene prevents illness.  You'll need to plan on having hot water for those things and a large tub to bathe and do laundry in.  I've taken a shower once in the mountains of W. Virginia in Winter when the electricity went out the night before.  OMFG!  That was the fasted shower of my life!
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 01:05:56 PM »
SNIP

I've taken a shower once in the mountains of W. Virginia in Winter when the electricity went out the night before.  OMFG!  That was the fasted shower of my life!
What kine showah dat?

???

:rofl:

Just being equal opportunity asshole to folks.  Before someone cries victim and group think. . .  8)

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 01:07:54 PM »
What kine showah dat?

???

Just being equal opportunity asshole to folks.  Before someone cries victim and group think. . .  8)

If you aren't thinking "soap, shampoo and water" kine, then you really need to reevaluate the friends you hang out with.   :rofl:
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »
If you aren't thinking "soap, shampoo and water" kine, then you really need to reevaluate the friends you hang out with.   :rofl:
I have just as many friends as Macsak has ammo, firearms, reloading equipment, etc. . .  :crazy:

macsak

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »
I have just as many friends as Macsak has ammo, firearms, reloading equipment, etc. . .  :crazy:

heads

aletheuo137

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2021, 02:12:21 PM »
Have them move there just to thin out the gene pool!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

aletheuo137

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2021, 02:17:18 PM »
on Molokai for 18 years, Oahu for 40+ and BI for 7 (= 65)Your math sucks !   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :wave:
Yes it does sensei Rocky!

groveler

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2021, 03:37:19 PM »
on Molokai for 18 years, Oahu for 40+ and BI for 7 (= 65)Your math sucks !   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :wave:
I wasn't going to point that out.  But for you I'd point out his "arithmetic" sucks.
Mathematics is a little more "advanced". 

aletheuo137

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2021, 04:07:50 PM »
Alright guys, I'll eat crow on my math, I mean, arithmetic skills!