Linked Events

• NRA Sanctioned F-Class High Power Rifle Tournament: July 17, 2010

NRA Sanctioned F-Class High Power Rifle Tournament July 17, 2010 (Read 4282 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Aloha State Games

July 17 NRA Sanctioned F-Class High Power Rifle Tournament
Mid Range Prone Course 450Agg
Slow Fire at 300, 500, and 600 yards
15 rounds plus 2 sighter rounds per stage of fire. 51 rounds total.

July 18 NRA Sanctioned High Power Rifle Metallic Sight Tournament
National Match Course 800Agg
200 yards standing slow fire
200 yards sitting rapid fire
300 yards prone rapid fire
600 yards prone slow fire
80 rounds plus 2 sighter rounds per stage of fire. 88 rounds total.

All NRA rules will be enforced:
http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-index.pdf

Competitions will be held at Pu'uloa Range Training Facility, Ewa Beach.
Tournament fees are $30 for members and $35 for non-members. Fees include Aloha State Games Insurance/T-Shirt/Awards, NRA fee, targets/supplies, and beach guards.

Competitors are welcome to shoot either match or even both.

Competitor Entry Form will be available online shortly on http://www.puuloa.com

I found this on FH
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Heavies

Re: NRA Sanctioned F-Class High Power Rifle Tournament July 17, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
This is the f-class Ive been waiting for!  :D But darnit, Looks like my new rifle isn't going to be ready yet :wacko:
I finally got ahold of sharp shooter supply today and it looks like my stock and action is going to take another 4 weeks :shake:

Guess I'll be shootin my old remmy. 

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »
This last weekends F-Class was a success! We had a lot more shooters than normal and it was a lot of fun.
Course of fire was 15 shots with 2 sighters at 300, 500, 600 yards. With a total of 450 points possible. Targets had a ten ring of one MOA and a X ring of 1/2 MOA.
F-tr, which is rifles in .223/5.56 or .308/7.62, was very competitive. (most shooters where in this class) My brother managed a metal for each course and a metal for overall with a score of 431. All this with a factory barreled Remington 700 PSS (.308), B&C stock, Timiney trigger, and handloads. F-open only had two competitors, me and Wayne. Well Wayne, being a gunsmith with some bad ass rifles, smoked my butt! Ahhh. But I scooped silvers for F-Open with a score of 404. (I thought my rifle did quite well for a thin barreled hunting rifle) However, as we all know, second place is the first loser. Haha
Any one interested in trying out f-class or service rifle shooting should check out www.puuloa.com
 B  :shaka:

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »
Thanks for the update. I checked the web for information on the outcome but there wasn't anything posted yet. What did you score?

It really sounds like a great time. I'll probably be getting into this type of shooting in a few years.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »
I scored a 404 overall. For some reason I dropped a whole bunch of points at 500yrds. I don't know if it was the wind, or I was thinking it might be an issue with my scope mount, but overall I was happy with the way my load And rifle performed.
I seen in an other topic you had a .223, even if you don't reload you still could compete. Had this new guy that came out and shot for the first time, he was using factory loads and IIRC he walked away with a silver for one of the stages. However, with the .223's light bullets the wind will be challenging.  The service rifle guys do .223 all the time.  Just a matter of learning to read the wind. 

houdni

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
great job heavies!!