Masterclass in dealing with the FBI (Read 4917 times)

hvybarrels

Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« on: September 16, 2024, 07:23:34 PM »
I don't have the skills to pull off something like this, but can really appreciate someone who does.

“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rpoL98

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 09:49:50 PM »

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2024, 12:07:31 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a masterclass as he didn't improve the situation but he was good at exercising his rights. The agents weren't very good with their verbal judo either.

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2024, 02:52:03 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a masterclass as he didn't improve the situation but he was good at exercising his rights. The agents weren't very good with their verbal judo either.

What do you think in all your whataboutism skills could he have done to "improve" the situation?

How do you know they're agents?  No ID was presented. You of all people should know that showing a gun and some type of badge doesn't make someone law enforcement. 

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2024, 02:57:44 PM »
Good job on not taking part in their true interview purpose. The commentator is right, had a law been broken, he would have been arrested off the bat.  The claimed agents were there to get him to say something so they can get him on something.

I do think that he did say too much though as they would use any slip up he makes to arrest him.  Are any government agents trying to do interviews at known drug houses, gang member areas, drug corners, etc...Seems like that should take priority over something like this if the LEO's weren't corrupt.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2024, 03:04:49 PM »
I wouldn't really call it a masterclass as he didn't improve the situation but he was good at exercising his rights. The agents weren't very good with their verbal judo either.

Why must you nitpick the verbiage used when it's obvious he was speaking rhetorically?

Rhetorical: 
    - Characterized by overelaborate or bombastic rhetoric.
    - Used for persuasive effect

Master class is normally applied to music, where a prominent musician listens to and critiques a student.

Any intelligent person understands the YouTuber didn't intend to suggest the subject of the video was "teaching."

I guess you have to find something to argue about.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2024, 10:56:31 AM »
What do you think in all your whataboutism skills could he have done to "improve" the situation?

How do you know they're agents?  No ID was presented. You of all people should know that showing a gun and some type of badge doesn't make someone law enforcement.

Why do you respond as if I was defending the FBI's actions when I clearly criticized them as well.

You are still using whatboutism incorrectly BTW.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2024, 10:59:32 AM »
Good job on not taking part in their true interview purpose. The commentator is right, had a law been broken, he would have been arrested off the bat.  The claimed agents were there to get him to say something so they can get him on something.

Thought that could be the case you do not know that this is their intent. You have no context other than some alleged post on what they were there investigate.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2024, 11:02:51 AM »
Why must you nitpick the verbiage used when it's obvious he was speaking rhetorically?

Rhetorical: 
    - Characterized by overelaborate or bombastic rhetoric.
    - Used for persuasive effect

Master class is normally applied to music, where a prominent musician listens to and critiques a student.

Any intelligent person understands the YouTuber didn't intend to suggest the subject of the video was "teaching."

I guess you have to find something to argue about.

I am pointing out that the person who took the video did not exhibit the best behavior. You are the one nitpicking my assertion that this was not a master class. I guess you have to find something to argue about. Can't debate any of the substance of what I said so you have to complain about an insignificant comment that it was not a master class.
 :stopjack:

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2024, 01:14:22 PM »
Why do you respond as if I was defending the FBI's actions when I clearly criticized them as well.

You are still using whatboutism incorrectly BTW.

How does my post imply that you're defending them?  BTW, I used the word agents and not FBI as well.

I'm questioning your use of the word agents as no ID was presented.

I asked what else could he have done.  Re-read what I posted.

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2024, 01:16:41 PM »
Thought that could be the case you do not know that this is their intent. You have no context other than some alleged post on what they were there investigate.

Yes I do have context. You of all people should know that if there is no arrest, that means there isn't sufficient evidence to arrest someone. So an interview can be done. And what's the purpose of an interview? 

Maybe you are the one who has no context other than some alleged post on what they were there to investigate.

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2024, 01:17:26 PM »
I am pointing out that the person who took the video did not exhibit the best behavior. You are the one nitpicking my assertion that this was not a master class. I guess you have to find something to argue about. Can't debate any of the substance of what I said so you have to complain about an insignificant comment that it was not a master class.
 :stopjack:

Maybe you can post what behavior that you think could have been improved on to go with your post.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2024, 02:25:36 PM »
Yes I do have context. You of all people should know that if there is no arrest, that means there isn't sufficient evidence to arrest someone.

There's your problem. Your premise is flawed..

Quote
Maybe you are the one who has no context other than some alleged post on what they were there to investigate.

By all means if you know so much more about what happened than the video shows feel free to share it.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2024, 02:30:18 PM »
How does my post imply that you're defending them? 

Oh I don't know, maybe the mocking sarcasm?

Quote
I'm questioning your use of the word agents as no ID was presented.

I asked what else could he have done.  Re-read what I posted.

So maybe they weren't agents, just people pretending? Maybe it was just an influencer production to get more followers?

As to what else he (the filmer) could have done, he could have stayed calm, not gotten emotional and resorted to insults, could have stated his position without attitude. He gains nothing by behaving in that manner and could cause them to look at him even more.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2024, 02:36:42 PM »
I am pointing out that the person who took the video did not exhibit the best behavior. You are the one nitpicking my assertion that this was not a master class. I guess you have to find something to argue about. Can't debate any of the substance of what I said so you have to complain about an insignificant comment that it was not a master class.
 :stopjack:

Look up nit picking.  i don't think you know what it is, although you could give a master class in nit picking. 

 :rofl: :geekdanc: :stopjack:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2024, 02:43:00 PM »
Oh I don't know, maybe the mocking sarcasm?

So maybe they weren't agents, just people pretending? Maybe it was just an influencer production to get more followers?

As to what else he (the filmer) could have done, he could have stayed calm, not gotten emotional and resorted to insults, could have stated his position without attitude. He gains nothing by behaving in that manner and could cause them to look at him even more.

Get a grip.

Federal agencies, including the FBI, CONTRACT OUTSIDE BUSINESSES AND LAW ENFORCEMENT to do routine interviews.

This has been the case when interviewing for my own security clearance and being interviewed as references for others'.

The Feds don't have the resources in all locations to do all the legwork needed doing. 

By these people wanting to ask questions and not showing credentials, it tells me their open carried weapons and badges on their belts smacks of local LEOs or private detective agencies, not actual agents.

Would the FBI actually waste time and resources contacting someone about such an innocuous post?  I bet they shuffled it off to the local PD, and they sent a couple of detectives to do the interview.

Just speculating, but it's more grounded in reality than:
"maybe they weren't agents, just people pretending? Maybe it was just an influencer production to get more followers?"

You really add to the discussions when you ask such unsupported questions ...

... said no 2AHawaii member ever.

 :geekdanc:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2024, 11:38:54 AM »
Get a grip.

Federal agencies, including the FBI, CONTRACT OUTSIDE BUSINESSES AND LAW ENFORCEMENT to do routine interviews.

This has been the case when interviewing for my own security clearance and being interviewed as references for others'.

The Feds don't have the resources in all locations to do all the legwork needed doing. 

By these people wanting to ask questions and not showing credentials, it tells me their open carried weapons and badges on their belts smacks of local LEOs or private detective agencies, not actual agents.

Would the FBI actually waste time and resources contacting someone about such an innocuous post?  I bet they shuffled it off to the local PD, and they sent a couple of detectives to do the interview.

Just speculating, but it's more grounded in reality than:
"maybe they weren't agents, just people pretending? Maybe it was just an influencer production to get more followers?"

You really add to the discussions when you ask such unsupported questions ...

... said no 2AHawaii member ever.

 :geekdanc:

A background interview is not the same thing as a possible criminal investigation. The FBI is not going to have private background investigators show up and do interviews of this nature.

Why would the FBI "waste" time?
#1. your very wording shows you have already made up your mind so your question isn't seeking a serious answer
#2. Without knowing the facts and circumstances of what they were investigating there is no way to know what they were really investigating or whether it was a waste of time or not. Or perhaps you are familiar with the case and know everything they know?


I do not think it was a social media stunt, that was sarcasm to point out the ridiculousness of them not being actual FBI agents. Swoosh

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2024, 11:41:08 AM »
A background interview is not the same thing as a possible criminal investigation. The FBI is not going to have private background investigators show up and do interviews of this nature.

Why would the FBI "waste" time?
#1. your very wording shows you have already made up your mind so your question isn't seeking a serious answer
#2. Without knowing the facts and circumstances of what they were investigating there is no way to know what they were really investigating or whether it was a waste of time or not. Or perhaps you are familiar with the case and know everything they know?


I do not think it was a social media stunt, that was sarcasm to point out the ridiculousness of them not being actual FBI agents. Swoosh

How would you know what the FBI contracts out?  This is pure speculation and opinion. 

Show where anything you said is FBI policy.

Explain why these "agents" refused to show their credentials.

The video showed you exactly what they were investigating -- a social media post. 

Why do we have to hold your hand and eplain the details in so many threads?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 11:46:09 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2024, 11:43:22 AM »
How would you know what the FBI contracts out?  This is pure speculation and opinion. 

Show where anything you said is FBI policy.

You said FBI contracts out now you say I am speculating because I responded using your claim?

I also didn't say anything about FBI policy. Show me where it is FBI policy to contract this type of investigation to a private company.

changemyoil66

Re: Masterclass in dealing with the FBI
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2024, 12:16:17 PM »
There's your problem. Your premise is flawed..

By all means if you know so much more about what happened than the video shows feel free to share it.

How is my premise flawed? 

The vid clearly explains what your asking. You're just choosing to ignore it cause you don't know how to dig ourself out of the hole.