Some of the other forums I frequent put on monthly rimfire rifle matches. I propose we do the same here!
Many folks do not have the time or opportunity to go to the range for their monthly scheduled rimfire match. This match can be shot at any time you choose. You don't have to fire from only the standing position unsupported. And you can use your optic.
Here is the rules:
1. This match will be run on the honor system. You will be responsible to fire on your targets at the proper ranges and score your own targets honestly.
2. At the beginning of the month you will be able to download the targets from the match thread, and fire your targets at your leisure, as many attempts you want.
3. When you feel you have shot your best target, scan/photo, and score your target, and post it up in the match thread.
4. Heavies will tally entries at the end of the month and post that month's winners.
5. There will be no entry fees, use any type of rimfire rifle you wish, scoped, open irons, supported, in any firing position you choose.
I neglected to give the rules for scoring.
If your shot breaks any line on the score ring then the shot would count as the higher score.
I.E. if your shot lands on the ring that separates the 9 and 10 rings, even if the edge of the bullet breaks the line then that shot would be counted as a ten.
X's are counted as ten and are used for tie breaking.
"A shot hole, the leading
edge of which comes in contact with the outside of the “X” ring or other scoring rings of a target, is given the higher
value (including keyhole or tipped shots even though the hole is elongated to the bullet’s length rather than being a
circle of the bullet’s diameter)" from NRA high powered scoring rule book.http://www.nrahq.org/compete/nra-rule-books.asp
Use all safe firearm handling skills, 2aHawaii nor I can take any responsibility or liability for any injuries or deaths during the firing of this match. Or any other time for that matter.
Use common sense and shoot safe!
There will be no prizes, (sorry, there is no entry fee) but you will have the bragging rights for that month.
This is just for fun, and this will be a good excuse to get out to the range and shoot with purpose. As well as good practice for any other type of shooting you may do.
Just remember to HAVE FUN!
50 Yards, Twenty shots, possible score of 200. Shoot one shot
at each target circle center hit is a 10, next ring is a 9, last ring an 8. missing target circle is a no score for that shot. Please limit yourself to 20 rounds on one target.
50yrd target can be downloaded here...
100 Yards, Ten shots, possible score of 100. Shoot ten rounds at the target and score according to hits, X's count as 10's and will be used to break any ties. Please limit yourself to 10 rounds on one target.
100yrd target can be downloaded here...
If there are any other ideas for this, or any other, fun match please let me know.
Please submit your results by Tuesday, August 31, 2010.