For those who haven't bothered to read the article, I'll post this "comment" so you can see the level of hostility out there. I just hope this isn't from Karl Rhoads or one of the other committee chairs that will soon be introducing next years crop of "gun safety regulations"...
[All the spelling and grammatical errors, and stupidity, are in the original.]Boots
2 hours ago
If scared widdle snowflakes are so scared of facing paradise with out their steel and plastic prosthetics make sure we pass laws that protect the vast majority from their ammosexual drive
1) mandatory unlimited liability insurance for every weapon and every person who has even incidental access to weapon.
2) Every weapon and every individual needs separate policy. No group or family rates. If a person owns 5 guns they must have 5 separate poicies.
3) like auto insurance proof of insurance must be carried and shown on demand. Failure to have proof of insurance with weapon zero tolerance is mandatory felony $2K fine even if proof of insurance is elsewhere.
4) Mandatory arrest and prosecution of anyone taking weapon where it is legally banned. Airports, courthouses, post offices or any place posted. burden of knowing places where they are not allowed is completely upon the poor widdle snowflake.
5) No arrest or prosecutorial discretion allowed in any violation of above law. 1st offense $5,00 fine and 1 year and a day in contracted mainland prison. No "deals" allowed. Every subsequent violation is double the frevious one. 1 Year & $5K, 2 Years and &10k, 4 years and $20K and so on.
6) Any violation requires surrender of all weapons they own until penalties are paid and mental health evauluations.
7) No "accidental" discharge. Weapon goes off it is prosecuted as assualt with deadly weapon, some one else suffers injury or damage of property attempted murder, some one dies 1st degree murder. No excuses no exceptions.
1,000% tax on all ammunition, reloading supplies etc. Exception only for ammunition used at a licensed firing range but even a single round leaves facility the facility loses license, theif is prosecuted for grand larceny. Again no prosectorial or arrest discretion.
9) Any gun carrier must have big yellow stripe up their backs completely visible to all. To warn public of whack job coward with a weapon. ( yeah the last is to sane for legislature to pass)