HPD issuing any CCW permits? (Read 19383 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: HPD issuing any CCW permits?
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2023, 03:36:18 PM »
HI knows how to make a lawsuit moot. Unless someone is willing to donate $50K for a lawsuit, this won't be happening anytime soon.

Just posted another Civil Asset Forfeiture video where a guy fought to get his money back that was improperly seized in an airport.  After spending almost twice what was taken for attorneys, the defendants realized they were about to lose the case and decided to drop it.

The judge awarded the man his money back, but decided since there was no actual verdict to indicate the DEA/DOJ was wrong, He couldn't recover his attorney fees.  It cost the man over $15K to get back about $8K that was taken with no criminal charges against him, no evidence the money was related to a crime at anytime in the past, present or future, and without consideration for the hardships they put him through by wrongfully confiscating his cash.

So, quite often the government does things they know are wrong (pass bad gun laws), then dare you to sue them.  Once you call their bluff and sue, they drag the case out forever to cause you to spend thousands on lawyers.  Then they drop the case to avoid paying those legal fees.

Total scam perpetrated by the government we pay for.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Heavies

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2023, 05:59:58 PM »
Did u write a complaint?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you file a complaint to the police commission, they will want you to name a specific officer. I initially wrote an email, they directed me to the written form which needs to be notarized. Since I did not know an exact person that would need to be “responsible” for the errors that was holding up my application, I contemplated naming the chief of police.  However, shortly after writing the complaint email (ccd the entire city council and governor) my approval letter was received. 

They are playing games with our right IMO.

I don’t really blame the officers themselves, I know it’s the top and the politicreatures that are behind this.
In some ways that are worse than criminals. They have unlimited funding and time to f*ck with us.

Legal organized criminals, the lot of them.

kkt

« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2023, 03:17:41 PM »
My experience below, hopefully it's helpful to someone.

1.  Received certified letters from C&C Honolulu after ~150 days.  Since signature was required and no one to receive, a trip to the post office was necessary.
2.  Received 1 letter for each handgun qualified on (e.g., 2 handguns = 2 letters = $20).
3.  Went to the Registration Room at HPD.
4.  Provided letters, ID, cash and immediately took a seat outside the room.
5.  ~30 minutes later, name was called and letters, ID, LTCs, and cash receipt were returned.
6.  LTC observations:
     a.  Received 1 plastic LTC for each handgun.
     b.  LTC expiration date is 1-year from the pickup date at HPD.
     c.  Included on LTC are photo, height, hair, weight, eyes but it states, "This card is not to be used as a valid government issued photo identification card".
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 02:25:55 PM by kkt »

haynchild

« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2023, 12:59:09 AM »
Finally got my letter in the mail after 203 days :grrr:. Unfortunately I have to pick it up at the post office since I was not home to sign for the letters >:(. I can finally walk on the sidewalk :geekdanc:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2023, 06:54:31 AM »
Finally got my letter in the mail after 203 days :grrr:. Unfortunately I have to pick it up at the post office since I was not home to sign for the letters >:(. I can finally walk on the sidewalk :geekdanc:

Lots of admiration, respect, and empathy for you and all the other CCW applicants that had to jump through so many hoops to exercise your rights under the 2nd amendment.

I'm also extremely angry and disappointed (but not surprised) as to how the state of hawaii continues to violate 2a rights by implementing these ridiculous and unconstitutional restrictions to CCW carry.

At least now when you and your loved ones are out and about walking the streets the criminal element will think twice before trying anything.  The streets are no longer safe for criminals wanting to do their cowardly deeds.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2023, 08:56:54 AM »
One year is way too short a time to have to go through all this bullshit. If you have to wait till your license expires before you can apply again, it will be 1 year can carry, 4 to 6 months no can carry while permit is being processed. 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2023, 09:02:30 AM »
Yep.  Agree this CCW permitting process is pure bullsh*t.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2023, 09:33:31 AM »
One year is way too short a time to have to go through all this bullshit. If you have to wait till your license expires before you can apply again, it will be 1 year can carry, 4 to 6 months no can carry while permit is being processed.

On 1/1/24, all CCW's would be valid for 4 years.

But the question is those who have it now and it's expiring, you are allowed to apply up to 60 days prior to the expiration. So the 1st group who got their CCW's is coming up soon.  Lets see how HPD will handle.  I'll bet they will delay and all renewals under the current rules/law will be void, like how everyone had to redo their stuff who applied just after the Buren ruling.

Kai223

« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2023, 11:25:55 PM »
Saw someone post on hifico Facebook that they needed to get health clearance for sleep apnea? Is HPD really trying to have another “homesick” situation on their hands already? These mental health requirements seem arbitrary and subjective at best.

xer 21

« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2023, 07:17:06 PM »
I couldn’t find the exact article/thread but I recall the police chief telling the public to call 911 if they suspect or someone carrying a firearm. I wonder if it’s actually happened yet because there’s no shortage of Karen’s.

There’s also no shortage of criminals who carry illegally as it is so I don’t see how his stance would make any difference other than legal gun owners being harassed and potentially shot during an encounter.

A guy I went to high school with who is now in HPD said that he’d gladly light up a ccw holder if they gave him the opportunity (not knowing that I am a holder myself) I hope that’s not the general sentiment towards permit holders but I wouldn’t doubt if it was.
Love when cops openly admit to their desire to kill someone over personal biases.   

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk